[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

I'm manually installing the hard dependancies on KSP 1.4.5 now and I have a question about versions:

- I downloaded Kopernicus Planetary Modifier and it has ModuleManager.3.0.4.dll, but if I go with the link of Module Manager, it downloads ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll. Which one I must use?

Edited by CanOmer

38 minutes ago, CanOmer said:

I'm manually installing the hard dependancies on KSP 1.4.5 now and I have a question about versions:

- I downloaded Kopernicus Planetary Modifier and it has ModuleManager.3.0.4.dll, but if I go with the link of Module Manager, it downloads ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll. Which one I must use?

Either one should work. 

Which visual mod do you suggest?

[1.2.2] Real Solar System Visual Enhancements v1.2.2-RC4 [2017-09-03] looks like not supported?

--------------------------

Nevermind, I found out the wiki link.

Edited by CanOmer

It's working on 1.6.1 but you must download here only

KSCswitcher

RSSDateTimeFormatter

Textures 2, 4 ou 8K

and RealsolarSystem but download only RealsolarSystem for KSP 1.4.5 - do not download Kopernicus and modular flight integrator

Then go here to download Kopernicus for KSP 1.6

Graphics Enhancements Assembly on SpaceDock

and here to download ModularFlightIntegrator for KSP 1.6

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/

Put the six mods in your game data folder

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Blyet Nye the Soviet Guy said:

It flat out refuses to function, it only starts me off in the Kerbin system. I tried a clean install as well.

If you want help then you have to provide better information because 'it doesn't work' is insufficient and always has been. Make sure that you have all dependencies installed. There are four of them. If you do not know what they are then go read the first post of this thread.

If you still have trouble: output_log.txt and ModuleManager.ConfigCache file. Upload them to a dropbox account and provide the download link in this thread.

output_log.txt will be in your KSP install folder. You need to run the game with the parameter  -logfile ./output_log.txt in order for the log to be generated. It will be generated regardless of whether you saw errors or not. Run the game with the parameter I provided and play up until the flight scene.

Look for ModuleManager.ConfigCache in your GameData folder. If it is not there then you don't have ModuleManager installed or another mod is causing errors which prevented creation of the cache file.

UPDATE!

• Updated for KSP 1.6.1.
  • Added recovery zone support for the NIMBY (Not In My BackYard) mod (courtesy of @Kerbas-ad-astra - PR #155).
  • Added the Mahia launch site in New Zealand (courtesy of @leudaimon - PR #157).
  • Added an installation checker to verify that the required RSS textures are installed upon game startup.
  • Added support for CommNet stations mirroring the existing ones by RemoteTech.
  • Enabled the "On Demand" feature of Kopernicus for up to 35% reduction of memory requirements (courtesy of @pap1723 - Commit b1b8507).
  • Fixed the incorrect latitude of the MSFN Indian Ocean Ship tracking station (courtesy of @Kerbas-ad-astra- PR #150).
  • Fixed the missing surface tiles on sub-orbital flights (courtesy of @siimav - PR #159).
  • Fixed the incorrect thermal radiation properties of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Vessels will now explode less when in close proximity to these bodies (courtesy of @Starwaster - PR #162).
  • Removed a lot of non-working stock KSP PQS mods.
  • Removed the stock KSP launch sites (managed for RSS by KSCSwitcher).
  • Removed the compatibility patches for AntennaRange, Better Buoyancy and TextureReplacerReplaced, as these mods are now deprecated and/or not maintained.

End User Notes:

From this release onwards the following dependent mods that were previously packaged along RealSolarSystem must be downloaded and installed separately:

• Kopernicus
  • Modular Flight Integrator
  • Module Manager

This only affects users that are installing RealSolarSystem manually. CKAN users are not affected.

Not sure if it's since the update or longer term as I've only just started setting up, but I don't see RSS in CKAN? Downloaded the 16.1 version from github, and the version file only says major version 16

{
  "NAME": "RealSolarSystem",
  "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/master/RealSolarSystem/RealSolarSystem.version",
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 16,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 6,
    "PATCH": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 6,
    "PATCH": 9
  }
}

Also I get this error in the ksp.log

[LOG 17:26:05.151] [CompatibilityChecker] Running checker version 6 from 'RealSolarSystem'
[WRN 17:26:05.152] [CompatibilityChecker] Incompatible mods detected: RealSolarSystem

and associated message while loading the game.

Google drive folder with KSP.log and output_log.rxr

On 4/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, Starwaster said:

If you want help then you have to provide better information because 'it doesn't work' is insufficient and always has been. Make sure that you have all dependencies installed. There are four of them. If you do not know what they are then go read the first post of this thread.

If you still have trouble: output_log.txt and ModuleManager.ConfigCache file. Upload them to a dropbox account and provide the download link in this thread.

output_log.txt will be in your KSP install folder. You need to run the game with the parameter  -logfile ./output_log.txt in order for the log to be generated. It will be generated regardless of whether you saw errors or not. Run the game with the parameter I provided and play up until the flight scene.

Look for ModuleManager.ConfigCache in your GameData folder. If it is not there then you don't have ModuleManager installed or another mod is causing errors which prevented creation of the cache file.

Look I don't need help, I just want Theysen to update it or give the reigns to someone else. I installed everything properly, don't condescend.

On 4/21/2019 at 8:12 AM, Blyet Nye the Soviet Guy said:

Look I don't need help, I just want Theysen to update it or give the reigns to someone else. I installed everything properly, don't condescend.

Of course it must be Theysen's fault, because all of the other thousand people are lying about their game working. Show your logs and GameData folder otherwise what you're saying is as useful as going to a mechanic and saying  your car wont start without even bringing said car.

2 hours ago, Messier said:

Of course it must be Theysen's fault, because all of the other thousand people are lying about their game working. Show your logs and GameData folder otherwise what you're saying is as useful as going to a mechanic and saying  your car wont start without even bringing said car.

Never said they're lying. If you're gonna be so hostile then back off, I'm not asking for help on this problem. 

25 minutes ago, Blyet Nye the Soviet Guy said:

Never said they're lying. If you're gonna be so hostile then back off, I'm not asking for help on this problem. 

To expand, it has to do with my computer. I'm working on it, I know for a fact there's a conflicting program, I just can't determine which. I just want to be able to play on the most recent version when I do get it fixed, so that the toll on my computer is not as much, however little an improvement that is.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, siklidkid said:

Can you make this work with the making history launchsites and the island airfield?

Since Real Solar System uses Earth and not Kerbin, I don't think the making history launch sites or the island airfield exist? You can use the mod KSC Switcher, which will allow launching from multiple Earth location launch sites.

Edited by strudo76