[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

On 06/04/2018 at 12:51 AM, raidernick said:

I don't think anybody was wondering this, it's a known fact it doesn't work. RSS/Kopernicus will absolutely not work in 1.4.x it needs to be reworked and we haven't even started on that yet.

I didn't think it needed to be stated. Kopernicus was updated for 1.4.2 by Thomas P. So the only thing that's required is an update for RSS. That said -- it'll take time. So people should be patient.

48 minutes ago, hildegain said:

I didn't think it needed to be stated. Kopernicus was updated for 1.4.2 by Thomas P. So the only thing that's required is an update for RSS. That said -- it'll take time. So people should be patient.

I meant that the 1.4.2 version of kopernicus won't work with RSS because they aren't compatible. the 1.3.1 versions of RSS/Kop need to be used together(specifically the -7 version) and neither will work in 1.4.2, so yeah.

Edited by raidernick

8 hours ago, raidernick said:

Yeah it's linking to the old dead RO thread. @Theysen can you fix to link to point to the new RO thread.

9 hours ago, CanOmer said:

Realism Overhaul link doesn't work.

Thank you two, fixed.

I will update the whole OP soon to make it look a little more appealing and getting rid of cluttering and old, or outdated links / mods etc. 

I want to thank everyone involved in the development and maintenance of this mod. I have never played vanilla KSP, not once; you & the Realism Overhaul guys are the reason I play the game - thank you very much, your work is very much appreciated.

Humble and friendly question - are there plans for adding more bodies in the near future? I am perfectly happy with the mod's current state (I have been playing since KSP 0.90 and still have not yet visited all planets/moons, so still plenty to do), but I have always wondered if I should expect new moons/planetoids in forthcoming releases.

Again - many thanks for everything you do :)

Edited by hypervelocity

49 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

@Theysen   The Kerbin 365 (3.2x planets, 6.4x orbital distances)  mod has not been update for ages ( I think since 1.1) and the link no longer works. Perhaps remove it?

As the RSSVE thread is closed; is there anyone running EVE on RSS in the new 1.3.1 RSS install perhaps?

As already said - the op will be reworked completely. 

What are you running ? For RSS there is RSSVE , EVE 1.2.1-1 and scatterer 0320b are required. 

32 minutes ago, njbrown09 said:

No responses? I’m not the only one having problems

This is already known about, there are 2 open issues on the rss github. However, seeing as how the issue is caused by the mod that adds these bodies and not RSS you really should be posting there and not here.

https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSExpansion

The changelog indicates RSS now contains Ceres and Vesta (pap1723's change), as well as the five (nearly) spherical Uranian moons.  It is good to see that these celestial objects have been added.  Hopefully at some point in the future, Flora, Hygiea and Hilda (main belt asteroids) will make their appearances as well.  Of course, there is unfortunately a significant potential obstacle to this: right now we do not have nearly as much data for those objects as for Ceres and Vesta, as unlike the latter two, they were not visited by the Dawn probe.

6 hours ago, cgwhite4 said:

The changelog indicates RSS now contains Ceres and Vesta (pap1723's change), as well as the five (nearly) spherical Uranian moons.  It is good to see that these celestial objects have been added.  Hopefully at some point in the future, Flora, Hygiea and Hilda (main belt asteroids) will make their appearances as well.  Of course, there is unfortunately a significant potential obstacle to this: right now we do not have nearly as much data for those objects as for Ceres and Vesta, as unlike the latter two, they were not visited by the Dawn probe.

Sorry yes, you are right I wasn't paying attention to what he was asking about. It's actually my fault that this happened as I was pushing to have RSS released to get RO out because of how long it had been between releases. I wasn't aware that these new bodies had not been fully tested and they do appear to have a problem. The 2 people who can fix the issue have been made aware of it already though and it will be fixed in the next RSS release.

First of all, thanks for getting the 1.3.1 version out!!! I already love it to pieces.

I may have noticed a bug - kind of - maybe - not quite sure???

I was collecting science around the moon and had collected the *remaining* science from near the north pole (I had already been there), then X science tell me im in a new biome called near the north pole and I got a whole bunch more science, including the experiments I had run on my last visit. Is it possible there are accidentally two north pole biomes on the moon?

It is always possible that something else has bugged out but just wanted to make you aware of it in case it was a problem with RSS.

Thanks for getting back into that grind and keeping this mod alive! Once you have kicked over every rock on every planet in stock KSP you are faced with dealing with reality, what ever the hell that is LOL.

Has anyone had and issue with using the ckan install? On a clean 1.3 I tried using that and it keeps saying I have something already installed and errors out. Guess I will hunt down the manual install instructions which weren't that bad but would have been nice to do it the lazy way LOL

i see changes on github rss repository, and i have one question ...

is somewhere compiled "develop" version for download and testing? ... for example like mechjeb have :)

... public dev version sometime help to find and solve some bugs before release :wink:

Edited by Osel

3 hours ago, Osel said:

is somewhere compiled "develop" version for download and testing? ... for example like mechjeb have :)

... public dev version sometime help to find and solve some bugs before release :wink:

If you already found the GitHub repo, you could hit the download button on the specific branch you want to try out and copy the files to your gamedata folder.

Hello, im fairly new to this mod and im interested in getting it working, do i need to roll back all my Mods to 1.3.x or is it worth being Patient (i can wait as long as required) and just waiting a few weeks/months for an update to bring RSS upto date ?

reason im asking is i've just finished updating all my other mods to bring them up to date after several weeks of patiently waiting.

as i said, i can sit and twiddle my thumbs for as long as is needed and play with Vanilla Solar System until an update is released. thank you.

PS. from what i've seen on the web, a very nice job well done so far, keep up the great work :)

10 hours ago, Osel said:

There is no dev version and there won't be one. When it is decided to be updated it will just be updated. Don't expect a release for the terribly buggy 1.4 versions of ksp anytime soon though.