[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

On 6/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, maceemiller said:

looking forward to this actually working in 1.4.3....

RSS is usually a version behind stock KSP so it may take few months at least....

What exactly did not work? Just saying that is not helpful. Did Kopernicus not load the RSS configs? Did RSS throw exceptions? Did you use the KSP 1.4.3 version of Kopernicus? Did you test it with just the minimum required mods? Was it a clean installation or an upgraded one?

I am asking because for the last month or so i have been playing/testing RSS/RO/RP-0 in 1.4.3.2152 and did face any kind of game-breaking issues. You could also load RSS without the RSS assembly and it would work, since the latest patch (13.1) also has bugfixes/provisions for the KSP 1.4 branch of Kopernicus.

30 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

What exactly did not work? Just saying that is not helpful. Did Kopernicus not load the RSS configs? Did RSS throw exceptions? Did you use the KSP 1.4.3 version of Kopernicus? Did you test it with just the minimum required mods? Was it a clean installation or an upgraded one?

I am asking because for the last month or so i have been playing/testing RSS/RO/RP-0 in 1.4.3.2152 and did face any kind of game-breaking issues. You could also load RSS without the RSS assembly and it would work, since the latest patch (13.1) also has bugfixes/provisions for the KSP 1.4 branch of Kopernicus.

Thanks, I will test again maybe it was the versions I was using at that point in time. I will let you know how it goes :) BTW I have a fixed* version of FAR in case you are interested.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:57 PM, Iso-Polaris said:

Can you specify how this is not working in 1.4.3?

The system not being loaded or ?

It just does not work. I didnt expect it to yet I tried. Ive been told it will be updated. ...sometime :)

9 hours ago, raidernick said:

recompile has been waiting on RO update which has been waiting on the FAR update. It will happen when it happens.

I have question regarding this integration process. RSS doesn't have any RO or FAR dependency right? 

On 6/6/2018 at 11:56 AM, Phineas Freak said:

I did a new setup yesterday and everything works perfect :) . Kopernicus + recompiled  RSS+ RSSVE (I took your master branch) + scatterer + eve.  

Thanks.

Edited by jrodriguez

6 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I have question regarding this integration process. RSS doesn't have any RO or FAR dependency right? 
Thanks.

Correct, there is no hard dependency on either RO or FAR.

But you may find that there is a need for scaled up engines and tanks depending on  what you want to put up into orbit and where you want to go. Being able to use alternate engines such as 'hydrolox'. RO fulfills those needs but you can get by without it, perhaps by installing RF separately (as it is one of the mods installed by RO) and an engine pack for RF that makes use of those fuels. Also something with scaled up tanks, or Procedural Parts or SSTU. (which allows scaled up tanks)

And there are people who use SMURFF for a stockish experience in the real solar system. 

Since RSS has no dependencies on RO, I always raise an eyebrow when someone says the next RSS release is waiting on a RO update.  But it's not my mod, and I don't want to sound like I'm complaining.

I'm in process of getting RO/RSS/RP-1 set up for a new career.  One of the installed mods is KSC Switcher, and I've found it's causing a problem with another companion mod, Remote Tech.

Short version -- KSC Switcher seems to establish a central Mission Control at the equator in either eastern Colombia or near the Colombian border in western Brazil.  This means my omni antennae are always out of range at any available launch site, because they're all thousands of km away and too much of the Earth is in between (even if not for the range limitations of the antenna hardware).  Is there a fix for this, short of removing Remote Tech?

OK.....so a fresh install with no mods.....added the 1.4.3 Kopernicus and the 1.3.1 RSS mod with the 4096 texture pack and happy days! It works like a charm :)

Will SLOWLY add my fave mods and keep checking if any of them break the game but I'm....excuse the pun.....Over The Moon :)

Edited by maceemiller

5 hours ago, jack gamer said:

nice mod, its kinda difficult that you need to make a bigger rocket and sorry if I posted this twice.

If you use RO is almost as difficult as It would be in real life :)

Have you tried to do a SSTO using RSS/RO, that is a real challenge!!

16 hours ago, raidernick said:

at least you admit that

Perfect example!  That attitude is exactly what I'm talking about. 

I'm not complaining.  Yet, if you ask any question about future availability or (in my case) point out a flawed reason someone gives for why it's not yet available, you get accused of complaining.  It's kind of ridiculous.

Edited by RoboRay

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I asked this in the RO thread, but got guided to here. Maybe you guys can help me. I'm running an install with RO/RSS in 1.2.2.

I'm currently working on Venus and Mercury missions but i have massive issues with heat. It starts from venus and then increases pretty high, makes me unable to reach mercury because all the probes will overheat and explode before even reaching Mercury's SOI, i have the same issues in space near Venus, can't even get to touch Venus atm or everything will blow out instantly (but what i read on other thread would explain that by high pressure stress on the probe?).

My designs use coatl aerospace probes and some heat exchangers (which allow me 80kw of cooling). I did not find any other parts that could do the trick fine, so i feel a bit blocked for thoses planets^^. 

Would you guys have any tips for success or is it some kind of bug related to extreme values that i should modify? I noticed that i can ultra cool the probe with a 100x timewrap, but when coming back to RT, boom.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:03 AM, tonimark said:

please update for ksp 1.4.4

I see you only have 3 posts so you may not be familiar with the etiquette. Asking mod authors to update their mods is considered "poking the bear" and is frown upon heavily. Mod authors do their work on their own time and for free; they will get to it when they can. Please be patient and in the meantime either use this mod in 1.3 or play without it until it gets updated.

I am having a strange thing going on with the ship's orbit lines. When I zoom out from the map the orbit line suddenly shows behind the planet. It does not get occluded anymore at a certain zoom rate. Also, if I focus on the planet itself the orbit line always shows behind the planet, no matter what zoom rate.
All mods and dependencies are 1.3.1 (it also happens on a "vanilla" RSS)

wMNgFXS.jpg

d6CDWWv.jpg

Edited by SkyKaptn

Hi All, 

Version 1.3.1 - I have an issue with the Ocean on Earth i.e. anything that I try to splash down just passes directly through the water and eventually impacts the sea floor below :(

Running 1.3.1 RSS plus all of the compatible mods in the RO suit from the spread sheet...

Edit - At the moment my workaround is using the cheat menu to disable part damage just before splash down. The capsule still floats to the bottom of the sea but I can now recover it :).

Edited by C3nturionsparta
update