[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

17 hours ago, Observe said:

I asked, because sometimes mods still work, in spite of game version change.

I understand that - very often mods get upddated but the title of the thread does not change "for a while".

And learning which mod devs are very disciplined and change the title immediately and whose won't - needs some time of forum experience.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, Tyko said:

I answered the question of whether it might work or not in my very first post. I've been trying to give you useful info from the beginning and never attacked you...

Since you asked, any mod that messes with the planets needs, at a minimum, Kopernicus to be updated. So you won't see any planet mods updated until sometime after that. 

Good news, Kopernicus seems to be updated...

Has anyone had trouble using HyperEdit to place a craft at a specific location on Earth? If so have you found a solution? I mentioned it to the HyperEdit dev but they're stumped.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:26 AM, winged said:

Better Pluto textures created with a freeware program GIMP.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7k7v5ubbj6h6fn/PlutoColor.dds?dl=0

Beautiful! Thank you!

Does anybody have been able to run any visual enhancement mods with the RSS 1.4.5 release?

I've got RSSVE running with their 1.3.1 configuration, and it runs mostly fine, but it has this annoying bug with scatterer not working between 140km and 200km in low orbit.

I'm open to any visual mod with clouds, I like scatterer but I think I'll be able to live without it if there's no solution for that bug.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:14 AM, danilov_space said:

Does anybody have been able to run any visual enhancement mods with the RSS 1.4.5 release?

I've got RSSVE running with their 1.3.1 configuration, and it runs mostly fine, but it has this annoying bug with scatterer not working between 140km and 200km in low orbit.

I'm open to any visual mod with clouds, I like scatterer but I think I'll be able to live without it if there's no solution for that bug.

That's been like that forever and I have no idea why.... and I've tried to figure it out.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:14 PM, danilov_space said:

but it has this annoying bug with scatterer not working between 140km and 200km in low orbit.

4 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

That's been like that forever and I have no idea why.... and I've tried to figure it out.

The installation instructions clearly document the required versions of the dependencies. In this case the installed Scatterer version should be 0.0320b as every release after it has a bug regarding upscaled solar system bodies.

31 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

The installation instructions clearly document the required versions of the dependencies. In this case the installed Scatterer version should be 0.0320b as every release after it has a bug regarding upscaled solar system bodies.

Yeah, not using RSSVE, I just saw 'scatterer not working between 140km and 200km in low orbit.'

On 4/2/2018 at 8:30 PM, Trenkiw said:

I don't get clouds :(

H3ZKaLk.png

Well, you see, a cloud is an aerosol consisting of a visible mass of minute liquid droplets, frozen crystals, or other particles suspended in the atmosphere of a planetary body. Air can become saturated as a result of being cooled to its dew point or by having moisture added from an adjacent source. Clouds form as a result of this process.

:D

I know I'm seven months late making this joke. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, Starwaster said:

Yeah, not using RSSVE, I just saw 'scatterer not working between 140km and 200km in low orbit.'

Even if you don't use RSSVE, the RSSVE thread provides useful information on which version of Scatterer and other visual mods work properly with RSS.

Edited by RoboRay

Brand new to the mod, love how realistic everything is.  Maybe someone with experience can help me out.  I'm looking for a landing site on mars, flat enough to place some colony units to start a habitat.  I cannot, for the life of me, find any spot on mars that isn't just rolling hills all closely connected to one another.  Are there any flat plains on mars where I could land a stable craft without it toppling over and rolling around? I don't need exact coordinates, just an idea of where to start looking.

Edited by brutalitron

3 hours ago, brutalitron said:

Brand new to the mod, love how realistic everything is.  Maybe someone with experience can help me out.  I'm looking for a landing site on mars, flat enough to place some colony units to start a habitat.  I cannot, for the life of me, find any spot on mars that isn't just rolling hills all closely connected to one another.  Are there any flat plains on mars where I could land a stable craft without it toppling over and rolling around? I don't need exact coordinates, just an idea of where to start looking.

I would suggest grabbing the ScanSat mod and generating your own maps of Mars. Specifically the slope map allows pinpointing the flattest areas on planetary bodies.

I can't get this to work.

On 4/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, Theysen said:

[1.4.5] Real Solar System v14.0 [03 Sep 2018]

Title says 1.4.5 yet it says

On 4/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, Theysen said:

1. Download Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 and create a fresh install on your hard drive.

So is it 1.4 or 1.3.
I tried both 1.3 it says to use 1.4. I tried 1.4 and it doesn't work either. 

http://prntscr.com/loqgpi
When it loading it was a small window. It had all the launch site icons but to small window.
When I expanded to full screen the icons blacked out.
I have all the mods and a few that have nothing to do with rss.
http://prntscr.com/loqjbo