[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

30 minutes ago, Initial-Dee said:

i'm trying to get it to work for me. i know it's unrelated to this thread, but how did you get RO to work, if you did? i have it installed, but none of the rocket engines from stock are showing up at all.  

I'm not using RO, just RSS, SMURFF and Transmogrifier (see link in my sig).

On 7/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, C3nturionsparta said:

Hi All, 

Version 1.3.1 - I have an issue with the Ocean on Earth i.e. anything that I try to splash down just passes directly through the water and eventually impacts the sea floor below :(

Running 1.3.1 RSS plus all of the compatible mods in the RO suit from the spread sheet...

Edit - At the moment my workaround is using the cheat menu to disable part damage just before splash down. The capsule still floats to the bottom of the sea but I can now recover it :).

thats a kopernicus problem

I've started using RSS with 1.4.5 and the newest Kopernicus (1.4.5.4) a couple of days ago and the only issue I have so far is that Earth/KSC seems to be... shaking quite a bit sometimes. Is that a known issue? I didn't try to debug this issue yet and it may be caused by some weird mod interaction, but I just wanted to ask, if someone has encountered this before.

5 hours ago, Marandil said:

I've started using RSS with 1.4.5 and the newest Kopernicus (1.4.5.4) a couple of days ago and the only issue I have so far is that Earth/KSC seems to be... shaking quite a bit sometimes. Is that a known issue? I didn't try to debug this issue yet and it may be caused by some weird mod interaction, but I just wanted to ask, if someone has encountered this before.

I haven’t seen that. Is it just visual or is stuff moving around?

16 hours ago, Nightside said:

I haven’t seen that. Is it just visual or is stuff moving around?

After trying to drive around KSC in a simple "rover", I can confirm it's not only visual, athough I've also observed some visual-only glitches, like the flags on flagposts going completely nuts :)

UPDATE FOR KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM 1.4.5

• Updated for KSP 1.4.5
  • Added a patch to fix the density and size of the asteroids.
  • Cleaned up the RSS source to remove obsolete code.

Thanks to PhineasFreak for providing the patches and fixes for this release.

Follow the usual installation steps and enjoy the real solar system experience in KSP 1.4.5!

Did anyone try RSS with this unofficial 1.4.5 recompile for FAR ? Most importantly, is there any real, objective improvement to the base game that justifies updating from 1.3.1 to 1.4.5 for anyone completely uninterested in Making History? Changes like 2-5 FPS more on average for surface ISRU bases, reduced memory leaks or better OpenGL rendering support. Depending on the answer to the latter, for those who consider RSS and FAR indispensable, it might be better to stick to 1.3.1, at least until both are officially updated.

This may be a Kopernicus issue so may be in the wrong forum but the errors relate to the loading of planets, gets as far as loading callisto data then crash's

Win 10 64 Bit

16 GB RAM

Core I7 -6700K 4GHz (10% overclock)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 @1920x1080

KSP 1.4.5

Kopernicus 1.4.5-4

KSC_Switcher-master

Real Solar System 14.0.0 (Theysen)

RSSDateTime 1.2.0.0

RSS Texture pack  8192 (also tried 4096)

Module Manager 3.0.7

KSP was run once bare to check install then the above mods were installed. 

GAMEDATA looks correct (No nested Gamedata folders)

Game gets to the initial start screen ( Start Game -- Settings etc)

Kopernicus error message on screen "Kopernicus was not able to load custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process"

Logs https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbds9wo8nu3ywrx/AAAeoD5xD9Y9MqzA-lo0qfcBa?dl=0

Kopernicus log indicates an out of memory exception as does KSP's log which I don't think is the issue (16GB)

11 minutes ago, Agnemon said:

Kopernicus log indicates an out of memory exception as does KSP's log which I don't think is the issue (16GB)

Actually it is because you run the 32bit version of KSP. Launch it through the 'KSP_x64.exe' ;)

Also:

11 minutes ago, Agnemon said:

KSC_Switcher-master 

Looks like you grabbed the wrong file, this one seem to be just the source code. You should download the the actual mod instead: https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher/releases/download/1.4.5.1/KSCSwitcher_1.4.5.1.zip

:)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Maybe the answer to this question might be obvious, but when playing RSS is it absolutely necessary to have RO? Or really anything else besides procedural parts and tweakscale? I know the stock delta v requirements are fairly wack. Yet, there are people who have done things like this without RO.

12 minutes ago, Ringotuna said:

Maybe the answer to this question might be obvious, but when playing RSS is it absolutely necessary to have RO? Or really anything else besides procedural parts and tweakscale? I know the stock delta v requirements are fairly wack. Yet, there are people who have done things like this without RO.

No, you don't need RO. You can use SMURFF to fix the stock fuel.

13 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Are there any Scatterer configs available for RSS? I tried snagging the old RSSVE from github but got some serious weirdness with it (a brightly glowing ring around the poles in map view, for instance).

Just delete blocks "EarthAurorasLow " and "EarthAurorasHigh" in RSSVE\Configs\EVE_Configs\Clouds\RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg

3 hours ago, Cousnouf said:

Hello, I really like this mod but of course as you know the stock rockets are not adapted for this new solar system size. What are the minimum mods to put with RSS to have the proper delta v's and so on?

Thanks a lot.

Check out SMURFF https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117992-*, it should be sufficient to play with "stockalike" mods :)