[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Is it normal that when only RSS and the textures are installed (no additional visual mods or RO), using KSP 1.4.5 - the sky and ground at SPC are pitch black?

Did you try to time warp a bit?

I also set my ambient light to ~20%, because it was too dark for me even at high noon

9 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Hm, I have clouds now but the Sun and the polar lights of Kerbin are very garishly.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, Marschig said:

Just delete blocks "EarthAurorasLow " and "EarthAurorasHigh" in RSSVE\Configs\EVE_Configs\Clouds\RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg

Check all SunFlare configs.

wNrXaw1.png

2 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

@Marschig

I would like to try... but I don't know how to do that. Sorry for asking that (I'm totally a numb in programming) but can you, please, share your RSSSVE modified file via Dropbox?

Thanks a lot

RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N9asWb14FSQN0-mRq9z8jKBOAkpyqseO (sorry, I don't have Dropbox)

On 9/14/2018 at 8:57 PM, Marschig said:

RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N9asWb14FSQN0-mRq9z8jKBOAkpyqseO (sorry, I don't have Dropbox)

I tried to apply your modified file but it doesn't work...

Thanks anyway... and if you have room to look the error, here is the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx923qyr6v8rb5m/KSP.log?dl=0

31 minutes ago, LopoMetello said:

I tried to apply your modified file but it doesn't work...

Thanks anyway... and if you have room to look the error, here is the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx923qyr6v8rb5m/KSP.log?dl=0

Sorry ! I'm really a numb... it doesn't work because of the mod BoulderCo. Delete it and now I have the clouds.

Thanks again

Question about RSSVE to avoid confusion about the posts above:

The file GameData\RSSVE\Clouds\RSSVE_Cloud_Config.cfg was shipped with RSSVE.
The file linked above is named different, it's RSSVE_Clouds_Config (plural, Clouds).

Should it be the same file, so overwrite the original one?
Or should it be an additional file?

And what about GameData\RSSVE\Clouds\clouds.cfg ? Just more confusion!

Delete both and replace them with the downloaded one?

Edited by Gordon Dry

I didn’t notice that... actually I have RSSVE working with RSS on KSP 1.4.5 ( I just wanted clouds on Earth). So I deleted rssve.dll and overwrite the original file RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg with the one here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N9asWb14FSQN0-mRq9z8jKBOAkpyqseO/view

It’s not an additional file! And I didn’t touch Clouds.cfg.

Hope that helps.

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The file GameData\RSSVE\Clouds\RSSVE_Cloud_Config.cfg was shipped with RSSVE.

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

And what about GameData\RSSVE\Clouds\clouds.cfg ?

I don't see these files in the latest RSSVE. Only RSSVE\Configs\EVE_Configs\Clouds\RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg

@Marschig: luckily I had drag'n'dropped the link to the github to my archive, the OP of RSSVE got the link deleted - I had an outdated version (well, the latest version is also outdated, but not that much).
So I downloaded the latest release v1.3.1-5 - but I will give RSSVE-Lite a try first, because I never use scatterer (my rig is not fallen from a wormhole, coming from 2525).

First time using RSS because it finally caught up with latest version of the game.

So far I'm pleased with it (Scatterer still not scattering atmosphere, I don't need EVE and its clouds, I just want scattering) but I have one complaint. Why were false color maps used for the planetary bodies? I mean if it's real Solar system...

Edited by lajoswinkler

Let me explain what I meant with each example from this mod:

Mercury texture - false color, lowered saturation; should be almost entirely gray with a barely noticeable tint of brown

Venus texture - false orange color on a radar map where lightness represents slope and radar reflectivity. Literally nothing like Venus terrain appears to human eyes. Its surface is actually dark gray, volcanic and doesn't glow.

Earth texture - oversaturated colors more fitting to a topographical map than our planet watched with our eyes

Jupiter texture - enhanced color and too high contrast made by "citizen scientists" playing with Juno's raw data. Jupiter doesn't have intense blue splotches

There are more examples, like Neptune being way too blue and Uranus being too green (myth dragging itself through education system and encyclopedias) and oversaturated gas giant satellites.

I could offer help with correcting this. There's no need fpr KSP players to avoid the realistic beauty of worlds in our neighborhood.

Ok. Pretty sure nobody is going to listen to me since:

1. Nobody deals with Newbies who just got the game

2. There is a 95% chance that this forum is abandoned, but this is my last piece of hope to install a small segment of Realism Overhaul.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Anyway, this is just a curious question: How do I install the mod since I am really confused into how to use and download mods? I have something called Ckan or something... There's something called kopernicus which is supposed to be some (RSS) system. I install that, and everything is so dark. Everything is black. No it's not night time, I literally time-warped a few times, and still nothing happens. I got Extra Visual Enhancements, I got planet-shine, and still nothing happens. However, I have no idea how to install, frankly any mod? I think I used planet shine wrong, whenever I run EVE it crashes... I am really bad at this.

I might sound like I know a thing or two about mods, however it's just because I did (a bit)* of research over realism overhaul, and I am (somewhat) tech savvy... I really want this mod, because I know you admins worked on this a lot, and I would like to acknowledge your work.

*lies... Does 7 hours of research and watches 12 video tutorials about how to install realism overhaul, gives up and last reserve to this forum which I am pretty sure NOBODY will listen to me... My last hope...

Sorry to bother you guys... Admins, please forgive me if I missed anything said in the forum, I won't ask for 1.4.4 compatibility, I am just happy with 1.2.

Anyway, welcome to the forum rubikscubeworld... I guess I said that just to make myself feel better?

Man that took a while to say, and MAN do I have a headache searching up all that. Please help...:wacko::/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see all of you guys downloading all these mods in forums, talking to each other, and I think you guys are just speaking Kerbol...

Edited by rubikscubeworld
Forgot to say something. I have put out all my effort into this, and poured out all my hope into you guys, I believe that I might get this back.