[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

On 11/6/2019 at 11:08 AM, nasaholic said:

Yay. Installed the latest version for 1.7.3 and its working flawlessly. Now my question is: is it doable without RO, and if so are there any non-RO mods that you can recommend to at least be able to reach orbit? :lol:

You can create a GravParameter.CFG file, using the following lines:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]
{
    @name = Real Solar System
    @Body,*
    {
        @Properties
        {
            @gravParameter *= 0.25 
        }
    }
}

// Charge gravParameter to any positive number from 0.1 to 0.9  Lower the number the least amount of G's. Greater the number greater the G's.  This will change the G's to all Planets and moons.

Edited by znscott

12 minutes ago, Likasombodee said:

Anyone figure out how to get this to work for 1.8.1? I get an endless loading screen most likely associated with Kopernicus, I've tried deleting all the other gunk in Kopernicus folder.

Well, there is no "gunk" in Kopernicus it's all necessary. Your issue is that kopernicus is not updated for 1.8.1. if you want to play RSS you need to stick to the version it's updated for which is 1.6.1.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, nasaholic said:

Yay. Installed the latest version for 1.7.3 and its working flawlessly. Now my question is: is it doable without RO, and if so are there any non-RO mods that you can recommend to at least be able to reach orbit? :lol:

SMURFF- I use it with RSS and 1.7.3 It also means all my non RO mods like gravity turn are are still useable and tbh makes RSS an epic experience. You can make it as hard or easy as you want with Smurff.

Edited by Sunscreen

On 11/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, nasaholic said:

It's a little self promotional but you could try this:

It rescales stock parts to something like realistic size/mass/performance, supports a few popular stock part mods, and gives the full RP-1 experience with a lot less of the realism.  If you don't want the contracts or tech tree, you can just extract the two config files from the root folder (lrtr-part-tweaks.cfg and lrtr-resize.cfg) and put them somewhere in your GameData folder.

Edited by Pehvbot

On 27.11.2019 at 10:55 AM, Pehvbot said:

It's a little self promotional but you could try this:

It rescales stock parts to something like realistic size/mass/performance, supports a few popular stock part mods, and gives the full RP-1 experience with a lot less of the realism.  If you don't want the contracts or tech tree, you can just extract the two config files from the root folder (lrtr-part-tweaks.cfg and lrtr-resize.cfg) and put them somewhere in your GameData folder.

Now this might be just what the doctor ordered. Will definitely try out

I don’t even know whether to put this modification ... I want to, but there are a few things that cannot be circumvented for RSS to work correctly:
1. The size of Kerbals. They were still shorties, and they remained far from real human.
2. The scale of the parts, but the engines and fuel banks can be increased. But such details as command modules and various residential structures remain for small Kerbols as before. Real humans won't even fit in there ...
I’m already silent about the fact that these are almost the same eggs as without RSS, just here the rockets need to be built thicker and the orbit will be long.

Maybe it would be better to just play with the stock Kerbal system?
While adhering to "common sense" those building rockets of size adapted to the size of Kerbin.
That is, you just need to keep in mind that ~ 30 tons of a Delta-V ~ 2400 m / s rocket will be enough to enter Kerbin with a small capsule or light cargo. Instead of exaggerating everything and building monsters like many inexperienced players do it.

Does anyone know why breaking ground surface features don't spawn in RSS? I tried editing the rocdef file- nothing. If there's an actual way to get them to spawn,  it would be so cool to build a colony on Europa with geysers all over the place...

Edited by Domksp

I have tried using versions 1.8.1, 1.7.3, and 1.6.1 all with no success. The date and time was changed correctly, and the new launch sites appear, but the system is the same and they are spread out across Kerbins surface in strange ways. To the best of my knowledge, I have installed Kopernicus, the textures, the module manager, and RSS correctly. I put the textures into GameData and that didnt work, so I tried putting the PluginData within that folder in the main one, and that didnt work either. Is there something Im missing? I just need the Solar System to load into the game correctly. I greatly appreciate anyones help.vMo1ieI.png

https://imgur.com/vMo1ieI

On 12/18/2019 at 8:59 PM, Squishchin Chubbs said:

I have tried using versions 1.8.1, 1.7.3, and 1.6.1 all with no success. The date and time was changed correctly, and the new launch sites appear, but the system is the same and they are spread out across Kerbins surface in strange ways. To the best of my knowledge, I have installed Kopernicus, the textures, the module manager, and RSS correctly. I put the textures into GameData and that didnt work, so I tried putting the PluginData within that folder in the main one, and that didnt work either. Is there something Im missing? I just need the Solar System to load into the game correctly. I greatly appreciate anyones help.vMo1ieI.png

https://imgur.com/vMo1ieI

I have the same problem i have made a new install new RSS install and redownloaded all the mods and i keep getting kerbin instead of earth.

Okay so i fixed it but i think something might be bugged with the downloads because i found a old copy of RSS RO installs of ksp and kopercis on ksp 1.6.1 so something is buggy with the download i'm not sure but the old copies work they were from 6/25/2019.

I'm using the 16.2 version of rss from my old files and its the same one on the github i think its kopercias download thats buggy. It is pretty old Feb 25 2018.

after doing some more research on the version the download link on RSS forum is for ksp 1.3.1 not the up to date versions @aviralc22 use this download link if you want RSS for 1.6.1 https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.6.1-2 or look go to the github and find the version of Kopernicus you want for your install 

• 3 weeks later...

@Theysen Sorry for what could be a very dumb question, but is the latest version of the texture packs backward compatible with *all* past versions of RSS itself? ... or were there changes along the line to the texture packs/base mod that would break backward compat somewhere along the line?
No need to go into any specific detail, just pretty much yes or no would work... if yes, then I will go back and do the digging myself to figure out what would/would not work with what... ;)
I have 8.7 Gigabytes of RSS-related .zips alone, and am trying to clean house... :P
Thanx!

Edited by Stone Blue

On 1/9/2020 at 1:39 PM, Miza said:

How do I get scatterer to work with RSS on 1.7.3? I copied the config listed on it's page and followed the instructions, but it doesn't work in game and the ocean's all gone. 

Anyone? :blush: