[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

I have recently re-installed RSS v18.1 with the textures 18.2 and encountered an issue so to say.  The shoreline flickers and twitches with scatterer installed (screen below), with the ground around KSC reflecting sunlight as if it is made of glass :D one additional issue is that the new installation broke RSSVE and EVEs city lights.  Note I am using the 16k version of the texture.  Any ideas on what is conflicting or how to resolve it? 

Spoiler

Screenshots

xLEOwp.jpg

1JLPrx.jpg

eqxFwY.jpg

22 minutes ago, A.Talvanen said:

I have recently re-installed RSS v18.1 with the textures 18.2 and encountered an issue so to say.  The shoreline flickers and twitches with scatterer installed (screen below), with the ground around KSC reflecting sunlight as if it is made of glass :D one additional issue is that the new installation broke RSSVE and EVEs city lights.  Note I am using the 16k version of the texture.  Any ideas on what is conflicting or how to resolve it? 

It's a Scatterer bug: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/issues/92

19 hours ago, A.Talvanen said:

Thanks for the prompt reply, any way I can mess around with the configs to fix or just ignore it until resolved? 
@Nooby_dud Just upgraded my system, wanted to try a couple of things I was unable to do before but it still has some problems here and there

There's a fix on reddit for CityLights not working. Idk why it worked tbh, but it did.

On 5/28/2020 at 1:58 PM, A.Talvanen said:

Thanks for the prompt reply, any way I can mess around with the configs to fix or just ignore it until resolved? 
@Nooby_dud Just upgraded my system, wanted to try a couple of things I was unable to do before but it still has some problems here and there

Aaa n.. i didn't understand u a word...

Edited by Nooby_dud
wrong word

i had KSP 1.9 but i downloaded it to 1.8.1, then 1.6.1 and installed exactly as it says, but it still looks the same. The new launch sites appear but land form shapes are no different than stock KSP.

I tried with CKAN and I tried manually.

What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded all of the mods it says for manual install. When I try to download from CKAN the Community Resource Pack won't install and has an error

7 hours ago, Leedixon2121 said:

i had KSP 1.9 but i downloaded it to 1.8.1, then 1.6.1 and installed exactly as it says, but it still looks the same. The new launch sites appear but land form shapes are no different than stock KSP.

I tried with CKAN and I tried manually.

What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded all of the mods it says for manual install. When I try to download from CKAN the Community Resource Pack won't install and has an error

Why 1.6.1? Latest RSS is for ksp 1.8.1.

did you install the textures?

You are not likely to find much help without at least sharing the contents of your GameData folder or you game log.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, A.Talvanen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshots

xLEOwp.jpg

1JLPrx.jpg

eqxFwY.jpg

I'm also having this issue. Did you find a way to resolve it?

Does anybody know where I can find the config definition for Peenemunde in the launch_sites config? I remember it was there at one point, and I see some videos where that's an option.

You can downgrade to any version by right clicking on the game in your Steam library, then on properties. In the Betas tab you can pick a version and Steam will download it for you. RSS works on 1.8.1, since that's the latest version Kopernicus supports.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.8.1

This guide might be of use (it does install more than just RSS though).

i am having trouble to make mods work can anyone help me, i did search tutorials on instalation but i cant make it work some time it say i dont have the texture downloads but i do, and sometimes it says nothing just i do have the same standard kerbal system cant make it work anyway

13 minutes ago, DAL1189 said:

Hi

I just installed the mod and the space centre is in a giant pit in the ground, all of them are like this, I can't assume that's normal. Any help?

Make sure you have the correct version of RSS Textures for your version of RSS - if you're using 18.1.2, you will need RSS Textures v18.2.

51 minutes ago, pt1243 said:

Make sure you have the correct version of RSS Textures for your version of RSS - if you're using 18.1.2, you will need RSS Textures v18.2.

I reinstalled via CKAN and all was resolved