Theysen

[1.7.3] Real Solar System v16.4 [26 Nov 2019]

Recommended Posts

I have recently re-installed RSS v18.1 with the textures 18.2 and encountered an issue so to say.  The shoreline flickers and twitches with scatterer installed (screen below), with the ground around KSC reflecting sunlight as if it is made of glass :D one additional issue is that the new installation broke RSSVE and EVEs city lights.  Note I am using the 16k version of the texture.  Any ideas on what is conflicting or how to resolve it? 

Spoiler

Screenshots

xLEOwp.jpg

1JLPrx.jpg

eqxFwY.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16k?? My pc is dead (if it works)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, A.Talvanen said:

I have recently re-installed RSS v18.1 with the textures 18.2 and encountered an issue so to say.  The shoreline flickers and twitches with scatterer installed (screen below), with the ground around KSC reflecting sunlight as if it is made of glass :D one additional issue is that the new installation broke RSSVE and EVEs city lights.  Note I am using the 16k version of the texture.  Any ideas on what is conflicting or how to resolve it? 

It's a Scatterer bug: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/issues/92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the prompt reply, any way I can mess around with the configs to fix or just ignore it until resolved? 
@Nooby_dud Just upgraded my system, wanted to try a couple of things I was unable to do before but it still has some problems here and there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, A.Talvanen said:

Thanks for the prompt reply, any way I can mess around with the configs to fix or just ignore it until resolved? 
@Nooby_dud Just upgraded my system, wanted to try a couple of things I was unable to do before but it still has some problems here and there

There's a fix on reddit for CityLights not working. Idk why it worked tbh, but it did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 1:58 PM, A.Talvanen said:

Thanks for the prompt reply, any way I can mess around with the configs to fix or just ignore it until resolved? 
@Nooby_dud Just upgraded my system, wanted to try a couple of things I was unable to do before but it still has some problems here and there

Aaa n.. i didn't understand u a word...

 

Edited by Nooby_dud
wrong word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do rss 18.1 support 1.6.0??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had KSP 1.9 but i downloaded it to 1.8.1, then 1.6.1 and installed exactly as it says, but it still looks the same. The new launch sites appear but land form shapes are no different than stock KSP.

 

I tried with CKAN and I tried manually.

What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded all of the mods it says for manual install. When I try to download from CKAN the Community Resource Pack won't install and has an error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leedixon2121 said:

i had KSP 1.9 but i downloaded it to 1.8.1, then 1.6.1 and installed exactly as it says, but it still looks the same. The new launch sites appear but land form shapes are no different than stock KSP.

 

I tried with CKAN and I tried manually.

What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded all of the mods it says for manual install. When I try to download from CKAN the Community Resource Pack won't install and has an error

Why 1.6.1? Latest RSS is for ksp 1.8.1.

did you install the textures?

You are not likely to find much help without at least sharing the contents of your GameData folder or you game log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, A.Talvanen said:

I have recently re-installed RSS v18.1 with the textures 18.2 and encountered an issue so to say.  The shoreline flickers and twitches with scatterer installed (screen below), with the ground around KSC reflecting sunlight as if it is made of glass :D one additional issue is that the new installation broke RSSVE and EVEs city lights.  Note I am using the 16k version of the texture.  Any ideas on what is conflicting or how to resolve it? 

  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshots

xLEOwp.jpg

1JLPrx.jpg

eqxFwY.jpg

I'm also having this issue. Did you find a way to resolve it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alvi said:

I'm also having this issue. Did you find a way to resolve it?

I have the same issue as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yi C said:

Can I install this mod in 1.9.1?

No, 1.8.1 is the latest version supported, Kopernicus isn’t updated to 1.9 yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know where I can find the config definition for Peenemunde in the launch_sites config? I remember it was there at one point, and I see some videos where that's an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to downgrade KSP from 1.9.0 to 1.7.3? And theres any update for RSS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can downgrade to any version by right clicking on the game in your Steam library, then on properties. In the Betas tab you can pick a version and Steam will download it for you. RSS works on 1.8.1, since that's the latest version Kopernicus supports.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.8.1

This guide might be of use (it does install more than just RSS though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am having trouble to make mods work can anyone help me, i did search tutorials on instalation but i cant make it work some time it say i dont have the texture downloads but i do, and sometimes it says nothing just i do have the same standard kerbal system cant make it work anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will this get updated to support 1.9.x ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least, when Kopernicus gets updated to 1.9.x. I don't think there's any confirmed timeline for that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I just installed the mod and the space centre is in a giant pit in the ground, all of them are like this, I can't assume that's normal. Any help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DAL1189 said:

Hi

I just installed the mod and the space centre is in a giant pit in the ground, all of them are like this, I can't assume that's normal. Any help?

Make sure you have the correct version of RSS Textures for your version of RSS - if you're using 18.1.2, you will need RSS Textures v18.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, pt1243 said:

Make sure you have the correct version of RSS Textures for your version of RSS - if you're using 18.1.2, you will need RSS Textures v18.2.

I reinstalled via CKAN and all was resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.