[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

Hello I am having some graphical issues with my install and I have no idea what could be causing it because of all these mods. I tried installing the game myself and the planets looked fine and really awesome but nothing else really worked, the nav ball was messed up, the solar system map was all kinds of messed up so I downloaded someone's GameData folder and tried that and everything works great (for the most part) except two things. Planets are really really bright. Bright to the point that I can't make out what I am looking at on the surface so I have no idea if its ocean or land or what kind of land. Also the orbit line of my ship goes through the planet completely which is really annoying. Any idea what mods could be doing this that I should uninstall or change the settings of some way? This is my first time posting here so let me know if there is anything else I should share to fix this problem.

I am running the current KSP release which the guy who I got this folder from said in his post that it worked with the most up to date version of KSP.

EDIT: Literally after posting this I found out which mod to change the settings of so the brightness issue is gone! It was TUFX. However, I can still see orbit lines through planets so if anyone knows how to fix that please let me know!

Spoiler

Hovering over periapsis not being able to read a thing, also showing orbit line through planet.

EDIT: Fixed except orbit lines are still showing through planets.

XlvDNfl.png

Spoiler

Also the Sun is really really annoyingly bright

EDIT: Fixed

fFnAC1n.png

Spoiler

Also here is my GameData folder. I know I should figure out what versions I am running but I will hold off on doing that nightmare in case someone knows exactly what mod(s) could be causing this

kohEZTJ.png

Sorry again if I am leaving important info out. Just let me know and I'll provide anything else I can.

Edited by Sallvian

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Night Raider Xd said:

Kopernicus does not work fore me on 1.9.0 im just stuck on the loading screen and when i uninstall it i load in is there something im doing wrong 

You need the kopernicus bleeding edge instead:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195699-181-111r-t-bs-kopernicus-unified-bleeding-edge-branch/

42 minutes ago, mateusviccari said:

No. You want the stable branch. 

7 hours ago, Night Raider Xd said:

Kopernicus does not work fore me on 1.9.0 im just stuck on the loading screen and when i uninstall it i load in is there something im doing wrong 

Get the latest *stable release* for 1.9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to take a moment to say that this mod looks absolutely fantastic! 

I just sent a probe to venus, as it approached the surface on a side that was in the dark at the time of landing, I turned on the nightvision camera to see an incredibly detailed terrain. It looked more real than I could ever expect it to.

After wiping the drool away, I time warped to the morning.... the whole atmosphere from the surface was incredible. It didn't look like a game.

Funny thing is I didn't even install the highest res textures, I used the 8192 x 4096 textures!

I'd just like to thank you guy's, This game has been transformed into an awesome simulator and this old guy now has a permagrin. :cool:

On 1/31/2021 at 3:39 PM, Patesie said:

I'm new to the forums and this is my first post here and it seems like whatever I do doesn't fix my problem. that problem being not having two engines from Raidernick's Soviet Rockets mod. these engines being the "rn.proton.rd0212" and the "rn,proton.rd253". I've searched for solutions but I've found nothing, and i was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening.

I'm playing on version 1.8.1 if that helps

On 7/31/2021 at 5:14 AM, mateusviccari said:

Don't we have surface features from breaking ground DLC working yet?

It can work.  I have them as an experimental feature in my Less Real Than Real(ism) mod, but no 'official' version yet.  If you feel comfortable editing cfg files you can download the settings and edit out the ':NEEDS[LRTRBreakingGround]' directive.

For some reason the Earth/Kerbin features don't show up, but the others seem to work.  This is experimental though , so don't be too shocked if something doesn't work as expected.

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTR/tree/master/GameData/LRTR/breakingGround

Hey,

Steam user here. I tried to use CKAN to install this mod to get some real earth & moon to play with. I purposefully tried to ignore the realism overhaul mod to avoid information overflow. While CKAN was able to install the addon and I could see real earth on the main menu, I got an error message saying that the RSSVE is out of date or something, but I ignored it and jumped into a new sandbox game. The space center loaded and it was night... I could not get into VAB or other hangar. Only the kerbonaut complex building was working. I could rotate the camera and use time warp to see sun rice and sun set, but that was all. In addition, esc + return to main menu didn't do anything either - had to alt+F4 out. 

Please send help!

1 hour ago, Ozzian said:

Hey,

Steam user here. I tried to use CKAN to install this mod to get some real earth & moon to play with. I purposefully tried to ignore the realism overhaul mod to avoid information overflow. While CKAN was able to install the addon and I could see real earth on the main menu, I got an error message saying that the RSSVE is out of date or something, but I ignored it and jumped into a new sandbox game. The space center loaded and it was night... I could not get into VAB or other hangar. Only the kerbonaut complex building was working. I could rotate the camera and use time warp to see sun rice and sun set, but that was all. In addition, esc + return to main menu didn't do anything either - had to alt+F4 out. 

Please send help!

Sounds like incompatible mods--I recall that's the usual fail case on 1.12, so I'm guessing you're on 1.12. Note that right now RSS is blocked on CKAN for 1.12 due to ModularFlightIntegrator not being available, so I'd suggest downgrading to 1.11 meanwhile.

18 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Sounds like incompatible mods--I recall that's the usual fail case on 1.12, so I'm guessing you're on 1.12. Note that right now RSS is blocked on CKAN for 1.12 due to ModularFlightIntegrator not being available, so I'd suggest downgrading to 1.11 meanwhile.

Thanks for answer!

Yes, I'm on 1.12.x on steam. I was hoping this newest version of the RSS would make it playable - oh well... Gotta wait for updates then :-(

On 8/14/2021 at 7:04 AM, Nicolas xd said:

i play this mod in the 1.12.2 and i didn't have problems

i am playing in 1.12.2 but i am having tons of problems

first at the main menu it said "imcompatible mod detected", and rssve "is not compatible with 1.12.2" and even "is not comcaptible with unity 2019.xxxx"

second when i start a new game i can't even get into sph and vab, and even tracking station! every vessel in the view of the runway is show "locked"

i installed rssve along with rss in ckan. i need to try a clean reinstall...

17 hours ago, KerbalabreK said:

i am playing in 1.12.2 but i am having tons of problems

first at the main menu it said "imcompatible mod detected", and rssve "is not compatible with 1.12.2" and even "is not comcaptible with unity 2019.xxxx"

second when i start a new game i can't even get into sph and vab, and even tracking station! every vessel in the view of the runway is show "locked"

i installed rssve along with rss in ckan. i need to try a clean reinstall...

according to my test it turned out that the same problem also occurs in 1.12.1 

i wondered if there're some mods conflict

Edited by KerbalabreK
i forgot sth. important to say, not wanting to create too many posts.