[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

5 hours ago, KerbalabreK said:

according to my test it turned out that the same problem also occurs in 1.12.1 

i wondered if there're some mods conflict

after some tests, RSS seems to conflict with FAR in 1.12. removing far makes everything work again

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place for my question, I have just started playing RSS with RP-1 and it works like a charm, mostly.

However I run into this  problem,

It doesn't matter how I configure the actuation toggles in the VAB, or if I use staging or set them to active.

using the KIJLHN keys for translation, the RCS all work fine.

Whenever in flight the RCS controls for roll pitch and yaw instantly switch to OFF whenever I press any of the  WASD keys to steer, resulting in no RCS control.

Whenever I let go of the key, the actuation toggles back to ON, also when the SAS tries to use the RCS to adjust the attitude the  roll pitch and yaw channels of the actuation toggles switch to off.

edit:

I just found out that by removing mechjeb I also removed the problem. As I’m not a great MJ user I can live with this. I leave this here in case anyone else has this issue.

cheers! 
Rico

Edited by Ricovandijk
Found the culprit

Hey guys,
I would like to know if it is possible to turn off the other 
launch sites ? I did not install that switcher plugins as i would 
only like the default launch site. I like to use remote tech to 
build a satellite system around the solar system in order to make 
unmanned missions difficult, but I am getting all the extra launch 
sites none the less. I can't switch to them as i did not install the 
switcher plugin, yet they still exists and work to relay a signal
to the craft, I would like to have this disables as well, but it seems
to come with RSS

If this is possible, this would be very awesome

On 8/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, GeneralGizmo said:

I like to use remote tech to build a satellite system around the solar system in order to make unmanned missions difficult, but I am getting all the extra launch sites none the less.

RSS comes with a RemoteTech patch (RemoteTech_Settings.cfg), you can probably just delete that, or remove everything but the Cape Canaveral station from it.

• 1 month later...

Changelog

• Fix wrong atmospheric pressure being shown in CelestialBody KBApp @NathanKell
  • Set default surface/orbital navball transition altitude for all bodies @al2me6
  • French body names by @eggrobin in #244
  • Fix the bad tangent in Venus pressureCurve @siimav
  • Add comets to Custom Asteroids config by @Starstrider42 in #226

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this is asked and answered; I tried to read through the whole thread, but it is very possible I missed it.

Anyhow, which celestial bodies are capable of being landed on?  In the opening post, some are bolded and some are not, which lends itself to being that some are capable of being landed on while others are not.  And I couldn't find anything that stated it definitively or not.

Why am I asking?  I'm currently doing the Kerpollo Chsllenge, where you get 8 launches to land on every body in the Kerbol system.  When I'm done with that, I want to see if I can take that challenge in a different direction and do that with RSS...but I need to know which bodies can be landed on first so I can design my way through it.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Venus can be problematic if part pressure limits are enabled. I'm actually unsure if there are parts capable of surviving Venusian pressure.

I don't really know, I've only tried to land a probe there once and it blew because of the pressure some few thousand meters above the ground

25 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Well, i was kind of hoping for an actual list...

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon, Mars, Phobos, Deimos, Vesta, Ceres, Io, Europa, Ganimede, Callisto, Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus, Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, Oberon, Triton, Pluto, and Charon.

Edited by mateusviccari
I forgot the moon

3 hours ago, ksp player said:

Do I put the textures in the RSS file, or do I put it seperate from the RSS folder?

Separate. Inside your game data, there must be a RealSolarSystem with Comaptibility, Localization, Plugins, etc. inside, and another inside GameData called RSS-Textures, with PluginData, Earth_NRM.dds, etc. inside.

11 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

Separate. Inside your game data, there must be a RealSolarSystem with Comaptibility, Localization, Plugins, etc. inside, and another inside GameData called RSS-Textures, with PluginData, Earth_NRM.dds, etc. inside.

Got it.

Edit: also, it says that kopernicus isn't supported on 1.12.2, what do I do?

https://imgur.com/gallery/rGqffpr

Edited by ksp player

Hi,

just a question... do i need any addon for going... anywhere??? I'm playing stock parts and science mode, and i doubt i'm going to be able to just orbit earth with my low profile engines etc ...

Thank you in advance.

Edited by SpaceObli

1 hour ago, SpaceObli said:

Hi,

just a question... do i need any addon for going... anywhere??? I'm playing stock parts and science mode, and i doubt i'm going to be able to just orbit earth with my low profile engines etc ...

Thank you in advance.

You can use SMURFF  to adapt the stock parts (and plenty of mods) to more realistic mass and dry/wet weights so you can use them in RSS without the massive behemoths I think you'll need if you just use the stock parts as they come. You will still need bigger diameter parts than the stock ones for lifter stages, so you should download a few part mods. Near Future Launch Vehicles and SpaceY have 5-10 meter parts. SSTU isn't covered by SMURFF.

Alternative, you can go all the way and use the entire Realism Overhaul pack

On 11/20/2021 at 6:54 AM, SpaceObli said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Nope!  It's hard and requires skill and dedication, but you can go everywhere with purely stock parts.

On 11/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, juanml82 said:

You can use SMURFF  to adapt the stock parts (and plenty of mods) to more realistic mass and dry/wet weights so you can use them in RSS without the massive behemoths I think you'll need if you just use the stock parts as they come. You will still need bigger diameter parts than the stock ones for lifter stages, so you should download a few part mods. Near Future Launch Vehicles and SpaceY have 5-10 meter parts. SSTU isn't covered by SMURFF.

Alternative, you can go all the way and use the entire Realism Overhaul pack

Oh, thank you for your advice. Finally i've installed RO RP1 and i'm enjoying every sencond of gameplay (first orbit yesterday!).

On 11/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, SpaceObli said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

If you're still undecided, take a look at the settings I just released, to play the game with stock parts and real fuels, with a performance similar to the stock game:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems getting jet aircraft beyond the speed of sound? No matter how sleek the craft or overpowered the engine there's no getting past 330ish m/s.

I had realistic atmospheres installed but removed it thinking it was wigging out but it didn't change anything.

This is a fresh install with less than 60 (very light) mods installed.

Edited by 1FingerSalute