[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

3 hours ago, IvanOV-104 said:

Is there a way I can get this to be quarter sized?

Yes, through proper editing of the config files that define where the planets are and how big they are.

I think that there is a mod out there which does that already. As a stand alone mod? I think? Don't know what size it was; probably not quarter sized.

3 hours ago, IvanOV-104 said:

There is, but it is for version 1.2

Is there any mod that I can use to rescale it, so I can use it in 1.6?

So what? It's a bunch of config files and it has no plugins, relying on Kopernicus to do the heavy lifting.

But if you're absolutely sure you can't make use of it then the answer to your question is no.

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

So what? It's a bunch of config files and it has no plugins, relying on Kopernicus to do the heavy lifting.

I see, so I can replace the full sized configs for the quarter sized ones?

Sorry to bother yo

Update: I replaced all the configs and I got this

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

But The Earth did show up in the main menu, any idea of what could be causing this?

The same happened when I tried with the original mod

Edited by IvanOV-104

On 6/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, IvanOV-104 said:

I see, so I can replace the full sized configs for the quarter sized ones?

Sorry to bother yo

Update: I replaced all the configs and I got this

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

But The Earth did show up in the main menu, any idea of what could be causing this?

The same happened when I tried with the original mod

It's probably not installed correctly. I don't think you're supposed to install that quarter sized mod OVER RSS but in place of it.  Check that mod's forum page though to be sure. Also don't forget the texture files.

2 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

It's probably not installed correctly. I don't think you're supposed to install that quarter sized mod OVER RSS but in place of it.  Check that mod's forum page though to be sure. Also don't forget the texture files.

I got the textures, and the exact same happened to me with the original configs.

Could it be a problem with Kopernicus?

The original mod was from 1.2, and I'm using Kopernicus for 1.6 of course

I'm going to try with a completely fresh install of KSP

Edited by IvanOV-104

Hi everyone

After building my first rocket and rolling it out, after 3 seconds the universe is deleted and I'm left with this:

DhLCFPy.png

Any help to fix this would be appreciated; ATM it's utterly game-breaking.

Edited by SiriusRocketry

25 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Hi everyone

After building my first rocket and rolling it out, after 3 seconds the universe is deleted and I'm left with this:

DhLCFPy.png

Can you please show us the mod list and log?

HI everyone.  I am so sorry if this is an annoying or repetitive question.  I haven't played KSP for years and years and am jumping back in with both feet.  My question is - I want to run a super realistic real solar system game.  One where life support is critical, distances, fuel consumption, gravity, atmospheric density etc are all in there and taken into account.  I have CKAN installed and already installed this wonderful mod and was hoping the list of "suggested mods" would be larger to include all this but it isn't.  Has someone compiled a list for what mods would best make this possible? 

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me with this.  :)

This is my current mod list:

01yEGO6.jpg

@jpinard

Realism Overhaul is a collection of mods designed to make for a realistic experience. In fact Real Solar System is one of the mods that is required for Realism Overhaul. Some mods are only suggested; others are required.

Edited by Starwaster

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, SiriusRocketry said:

Hi everyone

DhLCFPy.png

Did you hear a snap?

2 hours ago, Peter JY said:

Is there a kind of Real Solar System can be used in Kerbal Space Program 1.7?
原句:有没有适配1.7的RSS?

Even tho RSS is showing 1.6.1, it might be functional on latest kopernicus version. The only problem is that it’s companion and other dependent mods might not function on 1.7.

No, because RSS (like all planet mods) requires Kopernicus and Kopernicus supports 1.7.1 (the initial Breaking Ground release) but not 1.7.2.

If you own KSP on Steam, you can get 1.7.1 through the "Betas" option. If you bought it direct from Squad you need to manually change the download link. As far as I can tell RSS runs fine on KSP 1.7.1, though I've not gone beyond LEO in it. (But Moon landing for Apollo 50th assuming my Saturn V doesn't RUD!)

14 hours ago, cantab said:

No, because RSS (like all planet mods) requires Kopernicus and Kopernicus supports 1.7.1 (the initial Breaking Ground release) but not 1.7.2.

If you own KSP on Steam, you can get 1.7.1 through the "Betas" option. If you bought it direct from Squad you need to manually change the download link. As far as I can tell RSS runs fine on KSP 1.7.1, though I've not gone beyond LEO in it. (But Moon landing for Apollo 50th assuming my Saturn V doesn't RUD!)

I can't find KSC switcher for 1.7 on github, is that KSC switcher for 1.6.1 work on KSP 1.7?

On 7/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, Peter JY said:

Is there a kind of Real Solar System can be used in Kerbal Space Program 1.7?
原句:有没有适配1.7的RSS?

No for as far as I know. But I think 1.6v of RSS works for ksp 1.7 too.

(诶呀看到中国同胞好高兴啊)

Kopernicus for 1.7.3 is out now. RSS will work with it though some of the Breaking Ground features will be missing (special terrain features, ROC. They are defined per CelestialBody and configs only exist for Kerbin right now)

26 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Kopernicus for 1.7.3 is out now. RSS will work with it though some of the Breaking Ground features will be missing (special terrain features, ROC. They are defined per CelestialBody and configs only exist for Kerbin right now)

But anyone doing so shouldn't come back complaining about slow timewarp rates or missing ground tiles on re-entry because those are guaranteed to not be working correctly.

2 hours ago, siimav said:

But anyone doing so shouldn't come back complaining about slow timewarp rates or missing ground tiles on re-entry because those are guaranteed to not be working correctly.

Right, there are severe performance issues  with regards to Kopernicus and surface features. Typically you shouldn’t see more than 1-2 thousand but today I got hit with almost 28 thousand all at once tanking my performance. It was the worst I’ve ever seen

On 7/13/2019 at 3:25 AM, discoreeper said:

No for as far as I know. But I think 1.6v of RSS works for ksp 1.7 too.

(诶呀看到中国同胞好高兴啊)

我试过,我用1.7.0的KSP和1.7.0的Kopernicus加载最新的一套RSS(GitHub上有),会出现错误提示:“以下Mod不支持1.7.0:Real Solar System”

[Translation]
I tried, I used the KSP of 1.7.0 and the Kopernicus of 1.7.0 to load the latest set of RSS (on GitHub), there will be an error message: "The following mod does not support

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation

I have downloaded and installed all the dependencies, the textures and RSS itself but am getting a message telling me that RSS is incompatible. I am running 1.6.1 to try and maximise my chances of getting it to work and have installed a version of Kopernicus for 1.6.1 as this was also incompatible. Any ideas?