[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any modifications to ore percentages in RSS? I scanned the Moon and found a measly ore concentration of 1.1%, and the resource overlay from the survey scanner doesn't show any concentrations of ore whatsoever. I thought maybe this was a display bug and tried landing a mini-drill at the south pole (where I think most real life plans for ISRU production are) but got a message along the lines of "No resources to be harvested." Is this intentional? If not, is there any place I can go in the code files to either find out what parts of the moon actually have that 1.1% (since the colored overlay doesn't show me anything), or to increase the percentages? Thanks!

7 hours ago, GP_LeChuck said:

Are there any modifications to ore percentages in RSS? I scanned the Moon and found a measly ore concentration of 1.1%, and the resource overlay from the survey scanner doesn't show any concentrations of ore whatsoever. I thought maybe this was a display bug and tried landing a mini-drill at the south pole (where I think most real life plans for ISRU production are) but got a message along the lines of "No resources to be harvested." Is this intentional? If not, is there any place I can go in the code files to either find out what parts of the moon actually have that 1.1% (since the colored overlay doesn't show me anything), or to increase the percentages? Thanks!

The 'code files' would be the resource config files and the base problem is probably that there is no Moon config for the stock Ore resource. There are five other resources from the CRP (using the stock name of Mun since it can't actually be renamed; instead its display name is set to Moon). With no configs for the stock Ore resource, KSP is probably using some default values which is probably resulting in you seeing some non-zero concentrations.

Ore concentration has to exceed a certain threshold  or the harvester will report  "Insufficient resource abundance" followed by the needed concentration. (I don't think I've ever seen it say outright that there are no resources to be harvested)

The default HarvestThreshold for the drill is 0.025 (or 2.5%) - 1.1% is considerably lower than that so you're probably not going to mine any ore today.

I can only think of one attempt to replace the stock resource harvesters with anything else and that would be Real ISRU. It's still not well developed right now but it will allow you to harvest enough to create fuel (harvest water from hydrates from various planets including Earth's moon and use the electrolyzer to split it into O2/H2 and then liquefy it.  On Mars you can additionally harvest CO2 and use a Sabatier reactor to produce methane gas and use the liquefier to produce LqdMethane + LqdOxygen (which you got from harvesting and electrolyzing the water). Like I said, it still needs work but it hasn't had much done on it lately though I've contributed some things myself and when I get the time I'll try to improve what's there.

RSS is running for me on KSP 1.7.3

Manual installation

-Real solar system version 14.0.0 for KSP max 1.4.5

-last RSS textures

-RSS dateTime version 1.2.0 for KSP 1.3.1

-Modular flightIntegrator 1.2.6.0 for KSP max 1.5.90

-KSC Switcher 1.6.1.0 for KSP max 1.6.99 (optional)

-Kopernicus 1.7.3.1 for KSP 1.7.3

I don't use any visualEnhancement

with this I use

000_AT-Util version 1.8.1 for KSP max 1.7.2

000_ClickThroughblocker 1.7.2 for KSP 1.5.1

000_Toolbar

001_ToolbarControl version 1.8.2 for KSP 1.5.1`

Module Manager 4.0.2

latest version of WorldStabilizer for KSP 1.7.99

latest version of KerbalJointReinforcment for KSP 1.7.99

and RealChute, RealPlume and RealPlume Stock all for KSP 1.6.99

and also Smokescreen

It runs pretty well on Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6

Very happy to have gotten RSS and RO installed and running.  Now I'm just a bit confused about trying any visual enhancements.  From reading the notes here I see that the Visual Enhancement mod recommended here is only compatible with KSP  1.2.2 or back.  I went and installed RSS and RO into 1.6.2.  Can someone provide advice for visual enhancement mod that will work with 1.62?  Thanks.  

18 minutes ago, GungaDin said:

Very happy to have gotten RSS and RO installed and running.  Now I'm just a bit confused about trying any visual enhancements.  From reading the notes here I see that the Visual Enhancement mod recommended here is only compatible with KSP  1.2.2 or back.  I went and installed RSS and RO into 1.6.2.  Can someone provide advice for visual enhancement mod that will work with 1.62?  Thanks.  

https://github.com/PhineasFreak/RSSVE/wiki/Installation

Hello i installed manually all config like GungaDin

I can see the EVE control window on the screen with all the config in RSSVE for Terrain clouds...etc...

But whatever rocket I launch or when I am on the  tracking center screen, Earth appears with no cities and no clouds....

23 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello i installed manually all config like GungaDin

I can see the EVE control window on the screen with all the config in RSSVE for Terrain clouds...etc...

But whatever rocket I launch or when I am on the  tracking center screen, Earth appears with no cities and no clouds....

Same thing with me.  Love RSS and RO but would also live to take this last step if anyone can help us.  I used the EVE version by Phineas Freak (you hippie!) but I'm a bit confused about a 'config' file.  The notes say to use one from an earlier version so I went and found one and when I did the little EVE icon appeared for me...once and then when I closed and re-entered the game it dissipated and like gilflo I get no cloud or terrain effects.  I DO very much appreciate all of the work and assistance that is provided to improve this wonderful game.

Edited by GungaDin

I know I'm being greedy here but I want it all!  I have RSS and RO loaded and still trying to figure out EVE.  In the mean time I tried taking my favorite historic rockets up for a spin and they seem to now be undersized. 

For instance I take my Soyuz rocket and it fliers great straight to heaven but never reaches escape velocity or make it to orbit.  I get that this is due to the RO so the question is - are there rocket 'craft' files anywhere that are sized for RO?.

12 hours ago, GungaDin said:

I know I'm being greedy here but I want it all!  I have RSS and RO loaded and still trying to figure out EVE.  In the mean time I tried taking my favorite historic rockets up for a spin and they seem to now be undersized. 

For instance I take my Soyuz rocket and it fliers great straight to heaven but never reaches escape velocity or make it to orbit.  I get that this is due to the RO so the question is - are there rocket 'craft' files anywhere that are sized for RO?.

I don't believe so, that is of course if you are expecting them to use the stock parts without changes to the configs.

There are Several mods out there that can give you an approximation of real sized/powered lifters but the most close approximation will be RO.  Do a CKAN install - you won't regret it.

Edited by Wallygator

I can not for the life of me install RSS Visual Enhancements. Whats the correct file path? I've tried everything, and the installation guide is so vague. Im trying to use the 1.6.1 RC1 version, but it just doesnt work even if i try to do what it says to do. Im using a 1.6.1 world install btw.

Edited by SkeletorHottestPersonAlive

3 hours ago, SkeletorHottestPersonAlive said:

I can not for the life of me install RSS Visual Enhancements. Whats the correct file path? I've tried everything, and the installation guide is so vague. Im trying to use the 1.6.1 RC1 version, but it just doesnt work even if i try to do what it says to do. Im using a 1.6.1 world install btw.

you should probably be asking this in the rssve thread not here, this is just for base rss

I would really appreciate some help with this issue.  I have finally installed RSS and it's beautiful!  So far I only have oine issue but it's a mean one.  Every time I switch over to map view and then come back - I lose control of my staging, thrust and pitch and yaw controls.  I can stage by manually right clicking on the part and I can activate and deactivate engines but that's it.  Is it just me and is there a fix?  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, GungaDin said:

I would really appreciate some help with this issue.  I have finally installed RSS and it's beautiful!  So far I only have oine issue but it's a mean one.  Every time I switch over to map view and then come back - I lose control of my staging, thrust and pitch and yaw controls.  I can stage by manually right clicking on the part and I can activate and deactivate engines but that's it.  Is it just me and is there a fix?  Thanks.

Sounds like maybe input locks of some kind are getting enabled and then not being disabled.

Either that or you have exceptions happening at the wrong time. You can check either one by pressing Alt-F12. Look in the console for exceptions. 

And there's also a tab in there that will let you check what input locks are enabled. There will be a set of them for having pressed Alt-F12 and there is also an option in that screen for turning off all input locks. 

Could even be a combination of the two where some exceptions are being generated which halted some critical code execution before input locks could be disabled. (these locks are there to prevent the player from doing certain actions when menus are active)

12 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Sounds like maybe input locks of some kind are getting enabled and then not being disabled.

Either that or you have exceptions happening at the wrong time. You can check either one by pressing Alt-F12. Look in the console for exceptions. 

And there's also a tab in there that will let you check what input locks are enabled. There will be a set of them for having pressed Alt-F12 and there is also an option in that screen for turning off all input locks. 

Could even be a combination of the two where some exceptions are being generated which halted some critical code execution before input locks could be disabled. (these locks are there to prevent the player from doing certain actions when menus are active)

I tried 'clearing the input locks (whatever they are)  after Alt-F12 but it just locks up again.  I think I've solved it though - for some reason it seems to clear my controls when I click back on the  'staging'  mode button. 

11 hours ago, GungaDin said:

I tried 'clearing the input locks (whatever they are)  after Alt-F12 but it just locks up again.  I think I've solved it though - for some reason it seems to clear my controls when I click back on the  'staging'  mode button. 

That sounds then like another KSP (or mod) window had focus. (to prevent click-through but the keyboard control gets locked too)