Brando

Can't move or place parts after entering VAB after a couple launches

Question

After a couple flights the A button on the Xbox controller doesn't select parts in the VAB. The only way around is to restart the game, very annoying. Is there any other way to fix this?

17 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Brando said:

After a couple flights the A button on the Xbox controller doesn't select parts in the VAB. The only way around is to restart the game, very annoying. Is there any other way to fix this?

Not that I've found; having the exact same issue.

Exactly the same problem. Except I lose any progress since the save BEFORE I last turned the console on and I need to reinstall the game to free it up. Obviously this means I even when I reinstall any subsequent progress is lost and I need to reinstall again. Essentially rendering the game an unsavable sandbox mode only wasteel of money.

Same problem here . I'm on ps4 . Cant connect parts after couple of launches. And constantly have to reboot 

Same issue here on my PS4 Pro.  I got this game after hearing all the great reviews and having my daughter come back from space camp loving the experience.  I thought what better than to build your own space program.  However this inability to add/edit items on the rocket is frustrating to the point of making the game unplayable.

Posted (edited)

I have the same bug but I have found a workaround. 

The only thing that works for me is completely shut the game down and reload. 

Im on enhanced edition Xbox one

Edited by Juicydangler
At game console

Ok, that works, however it's super annoying.  Add a few parts then restart the game?  Also the restart takes quite some time, so is super annoying.  Hopefully a fix comes soon.

Same here just bought the game and thought I was going crazy until I found this. Seems like it would be a great game, back to the store until they fix this, more than just a bug it makes it unplayable. Xbox one S

I've been in touch with KSP support and they know about the issue and are trying to recreate the problem but are having issues.  I sent them this video to illustrate the issue, but you might consider sending them an email to see if there's any other data they need. 

support@kerbalspaceprogram.com

i have found a tempory fix if u revocer vessell and go to the plane hanger and then go back to rocket hanger u can load the veichle and make changes

I am having the same problem. It seems like it started when I upgraded the vehicle assembly building. Once i got it too level two it started happening.  

This exact same thing happened to me on the ps4 while I was on the mun I left a comment in another section though

I had the same problem on my Xbox one X. Works after restarting the Game. ;)

• Like 1

So I found a workaround. Once the ship has landed and you are ready to recover, instead of pressing start and going to recover, go to the tracking station. You can recover there and still be able to edit your ship for the next launch. 

• Like 1

I'm also having this problem - xbox one s - glad I'm not the only one. Fingers crossed for a fix.

Its now december and i just bought the game and the issue is still going on... does anybody have an update on when this is gonna be fixed? :)

1 hour ago, Eagle02am said:

Its now december and i just bought the game and the issue is still going on... does anybody have an update on when this is gonna be fixed? :)

Squad/T2 are working on a ee version with an unity update, stuff like this will probably be adressed on that, i guess but a real info what they do havent been announced jet and welcome to the forums

Edited by PrvDancer85

Had this game since the first Xbox release

who knows, maybe someday if will effing work, though frankly I doubt it at this point given the number of issues that occur fast enough you wonder if anyone tried to play it when testing

if I had the option of a refund I’d take it, this could be one of the best games going...

if it worked