[1.12] CommNet Antennas Extension / Info / Consumptor (2022-03-12)

flart

CommNet Antennas Extension

Add 6 new antennas for CommNet:

• Class 2 direct (5M) — direct comrade for the High Gain Antenna HG-5
  • Class 2+ relay (32M) — exactly what you need for the innerSOI communication 
  • Class 3+ relay (7G) and Class 4+ relay (25G) — more powerful relays for more interesting interplanetary constellations
  • Class 5+ direct and relay (500G) — massive antennas for larger system or for a communication with less powerful antennas, 
    the combinability exponent equals 1.0

the 32M relay assets are taken from the Ven's Stock Revamp (assets are included)
the RemoteTech-redev-antennas (spacedock) it is a dependency, a link in the download section

parts.jpg?raw=true

Download: https://github.com/yalov/CommNetAntennasExtension/releases

Dependency:     https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech-Antennas/releases

Languages: English, Русский, Français.  If anyone is interested in translating  — github

Recommended mod: Community Parts Titles

Donation: Patreon

Link-Spacedock-blue.svg  Link-ChangeLog-blue.svg

CKAN-Indexed-green.svg  CommNetAntennaExtension.svg?label=Versio  speedunitannex.svg?maxAge=3600&label=Lic  

CommNet Antennas Info

A plugin improves Data Transmitter info panel in the VAB/SPH:

• shows a combinability exponent (it's different even among the stock antennas)
  • shows modified ratings (if you have changed antennas or DSN power modifiers in the settings)
  • shows all DSN levels (Custom Barn Kit supported, and isn't dependency)
  • shows DSN ratings, hightlights active DSN level, 
  • shows range to Built-in antenna for relays
  • shows "Consumption" as EC/Mit
  • compact version for internal antennas 

BfGsVrC.jpg  6DAW7g4.jpg

Also the plugin add PAW group, and a button to the Internal Antennas (probes, pods) for showing Vessel Antenna Rating 

GrIwBTF.jpeg     zyUIQ5d.jpeg     

Download: https://github.com/yalov/CommNetAntennasInfo/releases

Languages: English, Русский, Français. If anyone is interested in translating  — github

Similar VAB's info panel improvement mods: Science Lab Info , Science Situation Info

CKAN-Indexed-green.svg  CommNetAntennasInfo.svg?label=Version&co  speedunitannex.svg?maxAge=3600&label=Lic  

CommNet Antennas Consumptor

adds ModuleGeneratorAntenna, which makes antennas consume EC for supporting CommNet.

• Deployable Antennas consume EC when they are extended
  • Un-deployable Antennas support new enable/disable action,
    so they work and consume EC when they are enabled

Default rates depend on Antenna rating and type (changeable in the config):

• Relays rates is exponential and relative to 100G: (Rating / 100E9)^0.4:
    • so 100G Relay is 1 EC/s, and 5M Relay is (5E6/100E9)^0.4 = 0.019 EC/s
  • Direct antennas rates 2 times lower: (Rating / 100E9)^0.4 / 2

Supports DmagicOrbitalScience, NearFutureExploration.

screenshot60_cr.png?raw=true  screenshot61_cr.png?raw=true     YL1Rdpr.jpeg

Download: https://github.com/yalov/CommNetAntennasConsumptor/releases

Languages: English, Русский, Français. If anyone is interested in translating  — github

CKAN-Indexed-green.svg  CommNetAntennasConsumptor.svg?label=Vers  speedunitannex.svg?maxAge=3600&label=Lic  

Commnet Antennas Info was excluded from CommNet Antennas Extension on v2.0.0 (KSP 1.6.0)
Commnet Antennas Consumptor was excluded from Commnet Antennas Info on v3.0.0 (KSP 1.9.1)

Edited by flart

@flart Very nice little mod, and Good Job. ;)

Uh... just one problem tho, you might want to state whether you, yourself, have specific permssion to use the RT models.
If not, then you, yourself may be in violation of licensing. vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

Some of the older parts from Remote tech was from AIES aerospace which where all right reserved 

EDIT- RemoteTech was given the right to use them but RemoteTech cant give you the right to use them 

Edited by Mecripp
edit-

@Mecripp, looks like I am ok there:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/aies   

license:
all pieces AIES are creating Carmics ©
use is free to all users to Kerbal Space Program, however it is not allowed for commercial use, and distribution through other unknown links, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

use is free to all users to Kerbal Space Program — I am doing that

it <AIES-mod> is not allowed for commercial use and distribution through other unknown links — I am not distribute AIES-mod through other unknown links.

@carmics did I understand you correctly?

@TaxiService can you say there, what this is part of RemoteTech and I maintain it?
Or even separate RTparts from RTmod on ckan? Then I can make RTparts hard dependency.

Edited by flart

Hi, I am not aware of AIES-origin of some RT model assets. I need to contact the people behind them first before I can proceed. This may take some time.

@flart Good news, you have an alternative. We have a separate repository (linky) of stockised RT antennas for RT Redev at the same Gihub site. Users can download it separately (I need to publish downloadable release first) and you may need to provide post-RT MM cfgs for your mod if necessary. This will avoid all or most of license issues, if I am not wrong.

However, there is no plan to publish this repository on ckan until whole RT Redev is completed.

Edited by TaxiService

1 hour ago, flart said:

@Mecripp, looks like I am ok there:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/aies   

use is free to all users to Kerbal Space Program — I am doing that

it <AIES-mod> is not allowed for commercial use and distribution through other unknown links — I am not distribute AIES-mod through other unknown links.

@carmics did I understand you correctly?

@TaxiService can you say there, what this is part of RemoteTech and I maintain it?
Or even separate RTparts from RTmod on ckan? Then I can make RTparts hard dependency.

That is on the bottom of page but he still has it 

License

All Rights Reserved

in the license spot

But much like TaxiService has post a patch would do the trick just as good and no worries on license problems

Edited by Mecripp
EDIT-

5 hours ago, TaxiService said:

stockised RT antennas for RT Redev

can I include these assets to the mod?
Or did you mean to add a second download link for the RT Redev parts, and to convert my mod to MM-patches + VenAntenna + Plugin? Then I can't load it to ckan or Spacedock...

Edited by flart

7 minutes ago, flart said:

can I include these assets to the mod?
Or did you mean to add a second download link for the RT Redev parts, and to convert my mod to MM-patches + VenAntenna + Plugin? Then I can't load it to ckan or Spacedock...

The latter option. Does it help if I publish the RT-antenna repository to CKAN? It is less or more completed, and it is planned to publish all RT Redev modules (core+optional packages) to CKAN instead of 1 consolidated package.

@TaxiService   

RemoteTech-Antennas into RemoteTech folder? But RemoteTech-Anntennas is not for working with RemoteTech... 

And this can fail

"conflicts": [
        { "name": "RemoteTech" }
    ],
    "depends": [
    { "name": "RemoteTech-Antennas" }
    ]

Maybe better GameData\RemoteTech2\RemoteTech-Antennas\ or GameData\RemoteTech-Antennas\ ?

22 hours ago, flart said:

@TaxiService   

RemoteTech-Antennas into RemoteTech folder? But RemoteTech-Anntennas is not for working with RemoteTech... 

And this can fail

"conflicts": [
        { "name": "RemoteTech" }
    ],
    "depends": [
    { "name": "RemoteTech-Antennas" }
    ]

Maybe better GameData\RemoteTech2\RemoteTech-Antennas\ or GameData\RemoteTech-Antennas\ ?

Oops, I didn't realise this naming conflict. I renamed to RemoteTech2 per your suggestion and sent it up SpaceDock and Ckan.

Thanks!

Edit: Turned out it isn't CKAN naming issue. Just odd metadata regex of CKAN on directory. I reverted the new change in SpaceDock and CKAN. It (v0.1) should be in CKAN soon.

Edited by TaxiService

• 1 month later...

For some reason none of the antennas phone home after I leave the sphere of influence of Kebal. I have 4 25M rlay dishes on the way to Duna with a relay network around Kerbal and they lost connection as soon as they left. I have the dependency. Any idea what could be wrong?

Coatl aerospace has weird programming. It seems once it detects remotetech folder(even with only antenna model) it disables its antenna function. So  commnet antenna extension is not compatible with coatl aerospace until coatl lad patched it.

Edited by ssd21345

27 minutes ago, ssd21345 said:

It seems once it detects remotetech folder(even with only antenna model) it disables its antenna function.

@TaxiService, it looks like a problem about placing parts into "RemoteTech" folder. It's about MM-patches now.

@PART[part]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

is triggered by RemoteTech-Annennas.
Maybe place them into "RemoteTech-Antennas"?

Edited by flart

20 hours ago, flart said:

@TaxiService, it looks like a problem about placing parts into "RemoteTech" folder. It's about MM-patches now.

@PART[part]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

is triggered by RemoteTech-Annennas.
Maybe place them into "RemoteTech-Antennas"?

Yah, I don't know MM does this too. I already renamed the main folder to 'RemoteTechRedev' and pushed the new update to Spacedock and CKAN (linky).

@ssd21345, can you please update to the latest version and check?

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Yah, I don't know MM does this too. I already renamed the main folder to 'RemoteTechRedev' and pushed the new update to Spacedock and CKAN (linky).

@ssd21345, can you please update to the latest version and check?

it's fixed, thanks you!

(version file still marked as 1.0 rather than 1.1)

Version 0.9.5

• check working with updated RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1
  • add MM to archive
  • update desc

Version 1.0.0

• recompiled plugin for KSP 1.5.0
  • update MM to v3.1.0
  • Russian localization

@TaxiService , on your .version file you still have VERSION 0.1, so last 0.1.1 unavailable on SCAN for KSP > 1.3.0. Also, can you make KSP_VERSION_MAX something like 1.99.99, for no needs further updating ?

Edited by flart

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 1:35 AM, flart said:

Version 0.9.5

• check working with updated RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1
  • add MM to archive
  • update desc

Version 1.0.0

• recompiled plugin for KSP 1.5.0
  • update MM to v3.1.0
  • Russian localization

@TaxiService , on your .version file you still have VERSION 0.1, so last 0.1.1 unavailable on SCAN for KSP > 1.3.0. Also, can you make KSP_VERSION_MAX something like 1.99.99, for no needs further updating ?

My bad, I forgot to replace the version file when I repackaged my mod. Thanks for noticing this. I am stealthily overwriting the release files.

Also, I bump max ksp version to "infinite" per suggested. Very unlikely to update often and big.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.