Booots

[1.7.x] Kerbal Wind Tunnel 1.2.1

after statin issue above, installed FAR and that solved my problem.. is FAR dependency or isn't the current 1.7 working properly with stock aero.

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 7:42 AM, dxeh said:

trying to run this in 1.7 but Flight Envelope remains at: 

"Calcualting... (100.0%)"

Any idea's? AoA Curves etc seem to work normal, the graph just wont generate

That happens for me when the craft can't take off with the engines that are enabled in the first stage.

Speaking of engine switching, @Booots, it would be even nicer if the optimal ascent calculation also let you pick the starting conditions, for planning the flight of spaceplanes after switching engines or engine modes.

Also, should the new axis settings work to calculate the flight envelope over a wider range of conditions? I'd really like to be able to plot spaceplane performance all the way up to the top of the atmosphere and orbital speed.

Edited by Johould

Posted (edited)

Is a 1.7 compatible version on the way? I need this for a retractable gear high wing turboprop powered racing plane.

Edited by eagle92lightning

It seems to work in 1.7. The flight envelope only gets stuck at 100% if the craft can't lift off with the active first-stage engines.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, AloE said:

at least for version 1.2.2 @Booots indicated in the release "Still no FAR support, just a little more work to do."

Yeah... I got real close, but was running into threading issues (which are always a huge pain to sort out) and then got distracted with other projects because stock aero was good enough for me (since I don't personally use FAR). When I have more time for modding I'll take another crack at it. Probably in the fall or early winter when I'm less inclined to be hanging out outdoors or doing house renovations.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:07 AM, Johould said:

It seems to work in 1.7. The flight envelope only gets stuck at 100% if the craft can't lift off with the active first-stage engines.

This is true. I still mean to build a mode for gliders (to help with EDL), but that will involve a significant amount of work since the level-flight assumption is, by definition of gliding, no longer accurate.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

4 hours ago, Booots said:

fall or early winter when I'm less inclined to be hanging out outdoors

I totally endorse the being outdoors (whether doorstep or open spaces :-)  Thanks very much for the update on your effort investigating it & even considering taking another look at it in the winter!