[1.5.X] Capsule Corp. L.R.E. (Long Range Exploration)

Gabu

BNtsLVi.png

Release v0.1 (Beta)

Hi guys!

It's been a while, but we'r back! Now with a NASA movie inspired ships parts for your exploration!

I really recomend that you guys use Real Plumes for great effects!

So, here we go:

Titan Class: (Mission to Mars movie)

vSpeA3Vl.png

dSoAbhcb.png  KZSp8iyb.png  f4vKU4db.png  PDUyCu9b.png 

cJ7Ehlcb.png  ohoDE6ub.png  rOv9Xdob.png  aXty7d8b.png  J8GdTcXb.png  ShfxEBLb.png

KHermes Class: (The Martian movie)

wQSc4cDl.png

7m6iXlrb.png  JFHWrnUb.png  q7HC696b.png  GSZbagKb.png  Pr5QE0rb.png  

fPLe221b.png  nFT2wdPb.png  mWfmoseb.png  ATnLvifb.png  iAPwhETb.png  9YVcuiXb.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Enjoy!

Download Link

Craft Files: Download

Other CC's Mods:

Edited by Gabu
more images and craft files

Hi @Gabu, This is really great!  I love two parts in particular, the enclosed boarding 'airlock' for the Titan II Pod, also the Titan Hab Ring.  Nice work. 

I assume that eventually the centrifuges will both rotate?  Any plans for IVAs?

Recently I've been harking back to the ideas that the rotational section could never be properly sealed and so would be placed within a pressure hull, such as in 2001 A Space Odyssey. 

Hence I have a request/ suggestion - a much wider version of the Titan Hab, possibly with two internal 'decks'.  The pressure hull would not rotate, but have some windows to show the movement of the internal centrifuge hull - only for prettiness, these windows are just transparent parts of the outer hull.  I also would made in a flat cylinder too, not a 2001 Discovery spheroid.  To get around the 'windows not rotating' crew in any future IVA would probably use ultra high def LCD "windows" which wouldn't necessarily to attached to the rotational part of the craft.  But not having a rotational outer hull means we could surface attach things to it as well.

Thanks for ongoing Capsule Corp design modding!

Peace.

11 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi @Gabu, This is really great!  I love two parts in particular, the enclosed boarding 'airlock' for the Titan II Pod, also the Titan Hab Ring.  Nice work. 

I assume that eventually the centrifuges will both rotate?  Any plans for IVAs?

Recently I've been harking back to the ideas that the rotational section could never be properly sealed and so would be placed within a pressure hull, such as in 2001 A Space Odyssey. 

Hence I have a request/ suggestion - a much wider version of the Titan Hab, possibly with two internal 'decks'.  The pressure hull would not rotate, but have some windows to show the movement of the internal centrifuge hull - only for prettiness, these windows are just transparent parts of the outer hull.  I also would made in a flat cylinder too, not a 2001 Discovery spheroid.  To get around the 'windows not rotating' crew in any future IVA would probably use ultra high def LCD "windows" which wouldn't necessarily to attached to the rotational part of the craft.  But not having a rotational outer hull means we could surface attach things to it as well.

Thanks for ongoing Capsule Corp design modding!

Peace.

Hi @theJesuit ! I’ll properly reply you in some hours because I’m going to work now. But just for the centrifuges, they do rotate but only on space. I used the KSP default animation group for performance issues so, only on space, on vacuum they rotate. 

I liked the idea of a new centrifuge for Titan class, do you have any mock-up of what your saying just to got the right idea?

thanks!!

2 hours ago, Gabu said:

Hi @theJesuit ! I’ll properly reply you in some hours because I’m going to work now. But just for the centrifuges, they do rotate but only on space. I used the KSP default animation group for performance issues so, only on space, on vacuum they rotate. 

I liked the idea of a new centrifuge for Titan class, do you have any mock-up of what your saying just to got the right idea?

thanks!!

Hey Gabu, great work, any chance for some craft files tho ?

13 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Hey Gabu, great work, any chance for some craft files tho ?

Hey @Jasseji ! Main post updated with download link for craft files!!

On 8/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Cool! How about some IVA pics?

Hi @Barzon Kerman !!  Main post updated with IVA's pics. !!

Edited by Gabu

5 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Thank you !

btw, you should put the links to all the CC mods into your sig - hard to find everything sometimes ;)

You’r right. I forgot that...

Ill update it later. Thanks for the heads up!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a slight glitch.  When I open the Hermes craft file in the hangar or VAB, it looks fine.  But when I send it to the launch pad, or runway it appears that the access way between the CMD and the Probe section displaces forward and unattached of the Probe section.

gxdMSUK.jpg

Even after I Hyperedit it into orbit:

PEVLsBM.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by thomash

On 8/31/2018 at 7:31 PM, thomash said:

I have a slight glitch.  When I open the Hermes craft file in the hangar or VAB, it looks fine.  But when I send it to the launch pad, or runway it appears that the access way between the CMD and the Probe section displaces forward and unattached of the Probe section.

gxdMSUK.jpg

Even after I Hyperedit it into orbit:

PEVLsBM.jpg

Thanks.

Hi @thomash !!

I had the same problem on 1.4.5. I'll release a fix, making this part of fairing to a single part itself.

• 2 weeks later...

@Gabu Super wonderful mod :)

No hurries, but I would so much love a IVA view for the habitation ring. Although I would prefer more texture to the Hermes command pod IVA I do like the spaciousness and custom look of it. It really stands out from the rest and is nowhere near a copy of something else that exists. I can only expect something just as good done to the IVA of the ring habitat modules.

On 9/2/2018 at 2:42 PM, Gabu said:

Hi @thomash !!

I had the same problem on 1.4.5. I'll release a fix, making this part of fairing to a single part itself.

Hi @thomash!!

I had a lot of problems to solve this bug, and the "simple" way to make this was to change the Khermes fairing to a part itself.

It won't break your save but may not look good too... be carefull and make a bkp from your savefile just in case...

Sorry for late response, I'm passing through a major change of my professional life and moving to another state here on Brazil...

On 9/2/2018 at 6:27 PM, thomash said:

Thanks Gabu.

BTW, I made a successful flight to the Mun with Titan, landed and safely returned to Kerbal orbit.  Easy-peasy.  Now I have to figure out how to get my Kerbals back on the ground.  Rescue Mission!  :)

Great!!! Good to know that!! The Titan class its my favorite too... ;) 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:36 AM, Aeroboi said:

@Gabu Super wonderful mod :)

No hurries, but I would so much love a IVA view for the habitation ring. Although I would prefer more texture to the Hermes command pod IVA I do like the spaciousness and custom look of it. It really stands out from the rest and is nowhere near a copy of something else that exists. I can only expect something just as good done to the IVA of the ring habitat modules.

Yoh @Aeroboi !!

Man, this will take some time... it's not on my plans by now. I'll release a last mod that I'm working on and latter I'll take the LRE and make a "Nautillus" class (50% done by now) and THEN i'll go for centrifuge IVA. I don't know how to make the iva to rotate with it... i'll have to learn with the masters 1st so... time needed...

On 8/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, Gabu said:

BNtsLVi.png

Release v0.1 (Beta)

Hi guys!

It's been a while, but we'r back! Now with a NASA movie inspired ships parts for your exploration!

I really recomend that you guys use Real Plumes for great effects!

So, here we go:

Titan Class: (Mission to Mars movie)

vSpeA3Vl.png

dSoAbhcb.png  KZSp8iyb.png  f4vKU4db.png  PDUyCu9b.png 

cJ7Ehlcb.png  ohoDE6ub.png  rOv9Xdob.png  aXty7d8b.png  J8GdTcXb.png  ShfxEBLb.png

KHermes Class: (The Martian movie)

wQSc4cDl.png

7m6iXlrb.png  JFHWrnUb.png  q7HC696b.png  GSZbagKb.png  Pr5QE0rb.png  

fPLe221b.png  nFT2wdPb.png  mWfmoseb.png  ATnLvifb.png  iAPwhETb.png  9YVcuiXb.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Enjoy!

Download Link

Craft Files: Download

How do i launch these peaces on traditional rockets?

5 hours ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

How do i launch these peaces on traditional rockets?

Cmon man... that’s the funniest thing on the game. Built it in pieces in orbit. That’s what I do. ;)

Take time and they are really expensive.

So on career they are intended to late game. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.