Is there a way to find the height of buildings in the game?

Nightside

Go at the  bottom  of  the  building and measure  the  height  over sea  level.

Then  go at the top of  the building and measure the height over sea level. 

Subtact the two values and you'll get the  building's  height.

Or you can use Kebnet, but it has an accuracy of only 10m.

Another way is to use trigonometry.  Angles  can be  measured   via the NavBall, but you'll still need a distance measurement, which can be done on the ground much more easily

If you just need height, as others suggested, use the altimeter. If you need width/depth too, then my way would be to use a Winch from the KAS mod. Place winch at one end, grab the connector and walk to the other end. Then right click on the winch and it'll say how much "rope" has been spooled out.  It's basically a tape measure!

2 minutes ago, katateochi said:

If you just need height, as others suggested, use the altimeter. If you need width/depth too, then my way would be to use a Winch from the KAS mod. Place winch at one end, grab the connector and walk to the other end. Then right click on the winch and it'll say how much "rope" has been spooled out.  It's basically a tape measure!

That's ingenious! I never thought of that... But have used it to measure depth of the water...

1 minute ago, Nightside said:

Thanks for the great ideas all, maybe I will have to start my own mission report, Adventures of the Kerbal Surveyors Club!

Hmmm.... first mission: just how tall is a Mun-arch???

Edited by Just Jim

I think the buildings aren't to any scale.  They just are the size that looks right for most of the (stock) rockets coming out of them.   The real key would be to take a kerbal up next to a regular "people" door on one of the buildings, and see if the size of a pedestrian door is appropriate for a kerbal. 

17 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmm.... first mission: just how tall is a Mun-arch???

If I recall correctly when I placed an Arch at the KSC using KK, it was roughly 200 meters ASL (give or take 10-20 meters). Easily taller than the VAB for reference.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

If I recall correctly when I placed an Arch at the KSC using KK, it was roughly 200 meters ASL (give or take 10-20 meters). Easily taller than the VAB for reference.

Something like that... I think... 

Ahhh... there it is... I'm not sure!!!

We need @Nightside to go verify the exact distance... lol... ;)

On 8/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, Nightside said:

What scale are KSC buildings?

Another method  you could  try is the BDA targeting camera ,  which gives accurate raycast measurement between craft and target and displays it on an easily readable screen ,  using vessel mover you could position a small craft anywhere you fancy and measure  to ground, or perhaps if going the mission report way,  with the cam attached to a small rover and targeting a kerb placed survey marker  However if you cant be fussed with the fuss ,  I've pretty accurate (scalable)  in game ruler part , i have a static based version for KK also , let me  know if needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.