Embed images

KingDominoIII

Imgur is a bit tricky.

I find the best solution is to right click the image and open it in a new tab, then copy paste the address of that tab to here by using the "insert other media" then "insert image from URL" button.

Here's an example of an image I'm quite fond of lol.

Spoiler

KxUHaU0.jpg

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

10 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Imgur is a bit tricky.

I find the best solution is to right click the image and open it in a new tab, then copy paste the address of that tab to here by using the "insert other media" button.

This or right click -> copy image location, which will copy the image link to your clipboard.

If you actually want to link a whole gallery, this feature seems to be bugged for some time (at least since I'm joined the forum but I promise, these actions are not related^^)

edit: Just saw your post in the selfie by the temple 'challenge' and want to add something: To embed an image automatically by copy&paste the link, you need a direct link which end with .png so whenever you try to embed an image and it doesn't work, check for the filename extension ;)
In example: https://i.imgur.com/xxxxxxx.png

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

12 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

This or right click -> copy image location, which will copy the image link to your clipboard.

Yup, this.  Quoted to emphasize how easy it is.   This should work for any image you see on the web.  Although, google search results get a little tricky without going to the source page. 

Moving to Kerbal Network, since this is about the forum rather than about the KSP game itself.

21 hours ago, KingDominoIII said:

Not sure if this belongs here, but how do you imbed Imgur images?

My embeds always end up leaving a link to the gallery.

• You can't actually embed a gallery (that's a feature that AFAIK has sometimes worked in the past, but I don't think it works, these days).  Yes, there's an "Imgur album" button on the post toolbar.  It's broken.  Don't use it.
  • The way to embed is to post a link to the image itself.  IMPORTANT, not the image page on imgur.  You need a link to the image.  If your URL that you're pasting doesn't end in an image extension like .png or .jpg or .gif, it won't work.

As suggested above, the easy way is to go to Imgur, right-click on the image, choose "Copy Image Location".  Now paste that into your forum post and it will automagically get converted to an in-line image.

Note that this works for any image-hosting site, not just imgur.  There's nothing special about imgur.com here... it just happens to be the site that most people here use, simply because it's so convenient to use and allows anonymous use (i.e. you don't have to set up an account to post stuff there).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.