There's a second variant theme button?

Here is the list of my mods (RealNames is for BDB which I haven't added yet, I was checking if the button will go away if I remove most of my mods):
RyHILqU.png

And here's an image of the problem I have, all this button does is contain a list of all parts (including mods):
BVP2WlG.png

I have no idea how to get rid of it, any help?

EDIT: The button mentioned is the beige teardrop on the left

EDIT 2 (oof): I play on 1.4.5

Edited by space_powder

16 minutes ago, space_powder said:

I have no idea how to get rid of it, any help?

I never noticed this one before :o

You can delete it like every other custom category: right click on it, a new window will open which will provide a delete button (and several other things) ;)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Just now, 4x4cheesecake said:

I never noticed this one before :o

You can delete it like every other custom category: right click on it, a new window will open which will provide a delete button (and severeal other things) ;)

Ah, I forgot to mention the most important part:

It keeps coming back, every single time I delete it

This seems to start to happen after you add a custom category and then delete it. After that, every time you enter the VAB the extra button will be there no matter how many times you try to delete it. Happens on a stock install. No idea how to get rid of it.

Also, if you have multiple games on the same install then all games will be affected.

Edited by mystifeid

16 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

This seems to start to happen after you add a custom category and then delete it. After that, every time you enter the VAB the extra button will be there no matter how many times you try to delete it. Happens on a stock install. No idea how to get rid of it.

Also, if you have multiple games on the same install then all games will be affected.

I think removing all my mods and reinstalling KSP should do it, right?

23 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Thanks for the hint, that helped me to find a workaround (not a good one):

The custom categories are saved in 'KSP_Install_Dicrectory/GameData/Squad/PartList/PartCategories.cfg'
This file does not exist if you have never created a custom category!

As soon as you create such a category, the file contains something like this:

CUSTOM_PARTLIST_CATEGORY
{
	categoryName = VariantThemes
	icon = stockIcon_variants
}
CUSTOM_PARTLIST_CATEGORY
{
	categoryName = test category
	icon = stockIcon_techlevel
	SUBCATEGORY
	{
		categoryName = Unknown
		icon = stockIcon_fallback
	}
}

The first category is the one we are talking about, the second 'test category' is the one I've actually created.
You can delete the automatically created category in this file, so it will just show this:

CUSTOM_PARTLIST_CATEGORY
{
	categoryName = test category
	icon = stockIcon_techlevel
	SUBCATEGORY
	{
		categoryName = Unknown
		icon = stockIcon_fallback
	}
}

This will delete the unwanted category from your game but it will reappear everytime you create a custom category. Since this happens in a stock game, you might want to raise an issue at the ksp bugtracker

edit:
@space_powder I hope you read my post before you start reinstalling all the stuff :o

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
ping

17 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

This file does not exist if you have never created a custom category!

So, if you don't actually want any custom categories, the real easy fix would seem to be just to delete PartCategories.cfg

Edited by mystifeid

1 minute ago, mystifeid said:

So, if you don't want actually want any custom categories, the real easy fix would seem to be just to delete PartCategories.cfg

Correct.

4 minutes ago, space_powder said:

Oof, already finished reinstalling anyway, I only played on sandbox and never got beyond Duna, so nothing important was lost

That's unfortunately, but at least you know it for the next time ;)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.