Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

18 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Any ETA other than soonTM?  The suspense is...well...suspenseful.

I don't know, sorry. We just found a ton of issues with my earliest parts, meaning i need to take them all apart and rebuild everything under the hood. I'm using this opportunity to fix all the holes in the meshes that i can find, which will take a fair while. It's really up to the other guys to push out an update before that, while they're waiting on me :)

1 minute ago, Daishi said:

I don't know, sorry. We just found a ton of issues with my earliest parts, meaning i need to take them all apart and rebuild everything under the hood. I'm using this opportunity to fix all the holes in the meshes that i can find, which will take a fair while. It's really up to the other guys to push out an update before that, while they're waiting on me :)

Thanks for the update and too bad about the issues - that's got to be frustrating.

Best of luck, then, to you and the rest of team.  And, no need for you to be sorry.  It comes out when you're ready...and no sooner.

1 hour ago, Daishi said:

I don't think it ever existed? 

And yep the doors are aware of what's in front of them now. Proper part collision is a requirement for interaction with the new upcoming Dmagic parts. They'll be able to 'see' the bays, and automatically open them when deployed with an action group. :) 

Thanks for the explanation.
I was referring to the bay doors of the 2.5m module of Universal Storage 1.
The difficult point with this large shroud and the collision is the impossibility to use it for a lander with quad lateral tanks. When each door is independent (or half primaries, half secondaries alternatively), we could lock the doors in front of these lateral tanks and store electrics / propellant behind those doors.

Edited by ndiver

19 hours ago, Daishi said:

I like that you are taking the time to perfect your existing parts - those door bottoms were pushing my buttons. :D I'm fairly captious about such things though. Your great parts will only get greater. :prograde:

On 10/14/2018 at 7:35 AM, ndiver said:

Thanks for the explanation.
I was referring to the bay doors of the 2.5m module of Universal Storage 1.
The difficult point with this large shroud and the collision is the impossibility to use it for a lander with quad lateral tanks. When each door is independent (or half primaries, half secondaries alternatively), we could lock the doors in front of these lateral tanks and store electrics / propellant behind those doors.

With US1 the doors were built into the wedges, where as now the shroud/fairing is separate from the wedges and cores.  For a lander you can either lock the primary or secondary doors, and place tanks over them, making sure that the wedges you need in mission access to are under the unlocked doors.  Or go without a fairing all together and have everything exposed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

We should be releasing a new version in the next 24 hours.

Updates include:

• 3 new parts designed to work with Bluedog Design Bureau's stockalike Gemini parts, but also useful with other parts.
  • Switch to stock KSP variant UI to select colour schemes or part types. (not 1.3.1 version)
  • More fuel tank options for core central tanks (Xenon and Monoprop now supported alongside Liquid Fuel and Crew tunnel).
  • Bug fixes and balance changes.

image.png

New version released!

Universal Storage 1.5.1.6 for KSP 1.4.x and higher

Universal Storage 1.3.1.6 for KSP 1.3.

Full information available at http://www.kingtiger.online/uvsii/

Known Issues:

• Parts with size variants appear small in the part picker UI

Change log:

• Adds three new parts, designed to work with Bluedog Design Bureau's stockalike Gemini parts, but also useful with other parts.
  • Core parts now include variants for Xenon and Monoprop central tanks, giving you more service module options.
  • Switched to stock part variant UI (not available for KSP 1.3.1)
  • Due to a bug when resizing the KAS wedge this functionality has been disabled, the part is now only available in the default double height variant (will not affect craft currently in a mission). We hope to fix this bug in the future.
  • Tweaked the animations on some fairing doors to avoid them being blocked by other parts.
  • Hydrogen tank wedge models resized to prevent clipping.
  • Minor model cosmetic improvements, including specular maps added to hatch glass in crew tunnels.
  • Improved readability of .cfg files

As always please post issues or bug reports below.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

12 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

• Adds three new parts, designed to work with Bluedog Design Bureau's stockalike Gemini parts, but also useful with other parts.

So what are these new parts exactly? I checked your website but didn't see anything new in the part catalog.

Thank you for the monoprop central core! That is usually my go-to fuel for command modules. I might have to try a xenon CM for the fun of it too. A 21st century Apollo mission perhaps. :D

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Existe um erro de MM :

GameData \ UniversalStorage2 \ Parts \ Processors \ WaterPurifier.cfg

linha 175 erra um suporte

1 error related to gamedata/universalStorage2/parts/processors/Waterpurifier.cfg ModuleMananger: 57964 patchs aplied, found 1 error.

5 hours ago, Derb said:

So what are these new parts exactly? I checked your website but didn't see anything new in the part catalog.

Thank you for the monoprop central core! That is usually my go-to fuel for command modules. I might have to try a xenon CM for the fun of it too. A 21st century Apollo mission perhaps. :D

mf5Im8O.png

New decoupler for the 1.5m profile, with a properly scaled Gemini shroud (based on the dimensions of KSP parts being 0.64m equivalents of the real things). Tapers to 1.875m, so it fits perfectly with the BDB Gemini used with RO.  

To support the wedges inside it, we have a five bay "Penticore", fitted out with our new interchangeable inner variants. Height three is the ideal fit - height four will be used for later shrouds I haven't made yet. 

IPNxon8.png

I0G66HR.png

But yeah, as Dmagic said, just wait a little till we sort out another hotfix :) 
(And yeah, my bad that the renders aren't on the website - we'll get a batch done alongside a bigger content update later on)

Edited by Daishi

This should be the last patch for this release.

• Fixed issue with water purifier
  • Added .version file
  • Fixed duplicate code issue with 1.25m fairing

Download at Space Dock
Ensure you download the right version of your KSP install
Direct download link

I am also in the process of updating the parts catalog.  Waiting on some part renders for the images, but the data will be there in a few hours.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

My computer has been down a few weeks, so i'm kind of lost. When I was last playing, I unlocked the first set of cores under the Storage Technology node. Now there's nothing there. Is this a new update to the mod, or am I running into problems?

edit: for clarity, I cannot find any of the single-height (bay?) cores in my parts list or the tech tree; I can find several of the larger ones under Advanced Construction and Specialized Construction.

Edited by CajunInABox

Here's a wholly basic TexturesUnlimited patch. No attention to detail or trying to figure out how the switching is working yet, just "Make all the metal!" kind of thing. I may visit this later to make sure things like the Porkjet surfaces are ignored so they stay matching and such, but since it uses its own texture switching, I didn't want to delve into all that yet.

Spoiler

// Control
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Control/ACD1500
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Control/ACDLarge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Control/ACDMedium
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Control/ACDSmall
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Control/ACDTiny

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
		float = _Smoothness, 0.75
	}
}

// Electrical
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Electrical/BatteryWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Electrical/FuelCellMedium
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Electrical/FuelCellSmall
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Electrical/GuidanceComputer
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Electrical/RTGWedge

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Fuels
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Fuels/AerozineWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Fuels/HydrazineWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Fuels/HydrogenWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Fuels/OxygenWedge

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// LifeSupport
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Lifesupport/FoodWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Lifesupport/WaterWedge

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Processor
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Processors/Elektron
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Processors/Sabatier
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Processors/WaterPurifier

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Radials
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Radials/RadialTanks

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Shrouds
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Shrouds/AdaptorShroud0625
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Shrouds/AdaptorShroud1500
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Shrouds/AdaptorShroud1875
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Shrouds/CylindricalShroud125
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Shrouds/CylindricalShroud250
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Shrouds/CylindricalShroud0625

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Structural
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Structural/US_Quad
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Structural/US_Penti
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Structural/US_Hex
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Structural/US_Octo

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Utility
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Utility/EVAX
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Utility/KASRadialBay
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Utility/KASWedge

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

// Waste
KSP_MODEL_SHADER {
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Waste/CarbonDioxideWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Waste/GreyWaterWedge
	model = UniversalStorage2/Parts/Waste/SolidWasteWedge

MATERIAL {
		shader = TU/Metallic
		float = _Metal, 0.75
	}
}

I can't recreate either of the missing parts issues above.

There is a known issue at the moment that the part icon in the part catalog UI has changed.

In the VAB / SPH the part will be shown in the default (usually single height) size,  but the space used by the larger variants is also shown, so you end up with a smaller part and lots of blank space.  However in the tech tree it shows the part in it's largest variant, so you'll see all the cores in their quad height size.

Fixing this issue is on the list, but it doesn't appear to be a simple fix so it might take a while.

image.png

Above: Icons in the tech tree

Below: Icons in the part catalog

image.png

So this is from a while back, but I decided to test out both US2 and my ability to clip monoprop tanks so they are invisible. This was the result.
screenshot1948.png

It's an MEV(Munar Encounter Vehicle), and is meant to be used in the same way as Apollo CSM or Orion. I had to change the capsule since it only seats two though.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:27 AM, DeltaDizzy said:

So this is from a while back, but I decided to test out both US2 and my ability to clip monoprop tanks so they are invisible. This was the result.
screenshot1948.png

It's an MEV(Munar Encounter Vehicle), and is meant to be used in the same way as Apollo CSM or Orion. I had to change the capsule since it only seats two though.

I'm curious, what part do you have on the nose there?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.