Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

1 hour ago, garwel said:

This is awesome. I'm going to switch to US2 after my current Duna mission with lots of US1 parts returns. Do you plan to add a CTT patch?

If someone wants to do us a massive favor and make one, of course we'll add a patch :D 

50 minutes ago, RocketPCGaming said:

Amazing work! You don't know how much you need this mod until you use it, then you wonder how you ever got by without it! o7 

o7

16 minutes ago, scottadges said:

I know it sounds silly... but O.M.G. :P Really nice surprise to see this already!

Downloading right now. Literally.

Already? It's been two years :P

14 minutes ago, Daishi said:

Already? It's been two years :P

Well, considering I just started using US 1 about a week or so ago (and it's now my favorite mod) and here I'm seeing US 2 already, you guys are working at break-neck speed from my POV.

Already started playing with the various part configurations. They seriously rock. Can I be more effusive? I think I'd probably run out of adjectives. :P

Edited by scottadges

Minor update for Universal Storage II for KSP 1.3.1
The wrong version of Module Manager was packaged with the mod which caused a crash at start up.
This has been fixed, but if you've already sorted the problem yourself, you can ignore this update.

EDIT:
I have added direct links to the download version on the first post, to help avoid any confusion.

IMPORTANT
Make sure you download the correct version of the mod.  
Click on Change Log in SpaceDock to select which version.

image.png

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

Firstly, thanks to all the authors.  I know this mod has been a long time coming, but it appears to be worth the wait.  You guys have been fantastic with your updates, answers to questions and teasing pics for over a year.  I'm looking forward to giving this mod a spin in a GPP modded game.

Secondly, is anyone working on a netkan file for CKAN?

Another thing, I really love how you present the OP for this mod with all the information clearly laid out, lots of detailed images, well-written text, and all the appropriate copyrights & thank-yous.

There should be a sticky on the KSP forums that says "If you want to make a professional mod listing page, go here: <Universal Storage II Thread>"

Edited by scottadges

6 hours ago, dannway said:

A quick bug report:

There's an error message popped on the loading screen: 1 error related to GameData/UniversalStorage2/Parts/Processors/WaterPurifier.cfg

Hi, I'm seeing this as well. KSP 1.4.5 using the US2 version. Plus I've got Kerbalism, etc. installed (if that is connected).

Here's what's in my log:

[LOG 15:43:27.199] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 14415 patches applied, found <color=orange>1 error</color>
1 error related to GameData/UniversalStorage2/Parts/Processors/WaterPurifier.cfg

Let me know if I can provide any other info or if this isn't the right place to put this information.

Thanks to Scottadges we found and fixed a bug with the Water Purifier when running Kerbalism.  The bug was caused by a single missing character!

The bug will effect both versions of the mod so I have fixed and updated both.  There is no localization file for this part when Kerbalism is running so it'll be in English only until we push out he next big update, but that might not be too long.

Download at Space Dock
Ensure you download the right version of your KSP install
Direct download links

image.png

On 8/8/2018 at 8:53 AM, Daishi said:

If someone wants to do us a massive favor and make one, of course we'll add a patch :D 

I may try to do it, but not any time soon. Like I said, I first need to bring home my Duna mission (which BTW is stuck there without fuel) before I switch to US2.

Edited by garwel

Is this mod supposed to be showing up in CKAN? I'm not bugging you to do it, I'm just wondering, because I can't see it, but I can see Universal Storage.

Sorry, somehow I missed the other person asking that same thing on this page (I searched, but poorly, sorry!)

Edited by r1chardj0n3s

@Daishi this is just... absolutely sensational work.  Oh boy was it worth the wait. 

The way the resource containers resize with completely different looks took me by surprise. So good.

The only thing I'd like to see added would be some kind of Greenhouse wedge for life support.  Other than that, you seem to have all the bases pretty much covered for me.

Many thanks and congratulations to you and the rest of the team.

3 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Any chance for 3.75 size bays?

Not any time soon, sorry. I still haven't finished the current range of shrouds yet :sealed:

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Hello,

according to KSPedia there should be 1.875m variant of cylindrical payload shroud, but I don't see any - for this size there is only 1.875- 2.5 m adaptor. Am I missing something? Thanks for help

It'll be in the next update to match the 1.875m ACD, there's a lot of work in starting off a new size profile (getting the internal animations done, new texture atlases, etc) and i wasn't too keen on making you guys wait longer :)

2 minutes ago, Boop said:

@Daishi this is just... absolutely sensational work.  Oh boy was it worth the wait. 

The way the resource containers resize with completely different looks took me by surprise. So good.

The only thing I'd like to see added would be some kind of Greenhouse wedge for life support.  Other than that, you seem to have all the bases pretty much covered for me.

Many thanks and congratulations to you and the rest of the team.

We'll see, got science parts to do next. Thankyou for your kind words :D

@Daishi

I don't usually write such things, but I have to say that you guys are great. I really do not know what amazes me more - how good this mod is, or how helpful you are for the community. Really thank you.

Edited by Walker

1 hour ago, Daishi said:

got science parts to do next.

Ah, excellent - glad the science parts are still planned for including in US2. I wasn't going to ask/pester/beg for those....But since you diiiiiddd mention it.....  :P  can't wait for those. 

I'm already working on a Mun lander, Mun transfer, and potential Mun base using these parts along with Kerbalism life support. I'll share some screencaps when they're up and running.

Edited by scottadges

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.