Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

40 minutes ago, DStaal said:

CTT is a superset of the stock tech tree - do any of the parts in US2 need to be in a non-stock node?

Seems more like any CTT modifications for US2 would be better handled in another pack that reorders the tech tree, like SETI-UbM, or Probes before Crew.  Otherwise US2 has a hard dependency on CTT.  

What techtree config are you using @garwel? I know PBC has US2 support (but likely not for the new modules especially if they're using DMagicScienceAnimate).

5 hours ago, ragzilla said:

Seems more like any CTT modifications for US2 would be better handled in another pack that reorders the tech tree, like SETI-UbM, or Probes before Crew.  Otherwise US2 has a hard dependency on CTT.  

What techtree config are you using @garwel? I know PBC has US2 support (but likely not for the new modules especially if they're using DMagicScienceAnimate).

I use CTT + SETI-UbM (the latter admittedly outdated).

I've been in this playthrough for almost 2 years already and I really don't want to start again now with a different tech tree.

14 hours ago, Redacted said:

The new wedge models are really nice yet when i compare their size / weight to the equipment its replacing... Granted its hard to compare the two for each serves a specific purpose. However I’m curious to know if the science earned is the same or increased due to the added mass / size? Or... is this a WIP element thats not been fully hashed over?

Size options are limited by the minimum size of a wedge, however they should be comparable, especially as you get two sensors in each wedge.

Cost and mass should be directly matched against the stock parts for the sensors, the goo and material bay are slightly different because they hold multiple uses of each experiment.

For example the goo wedge contains 2 sets of goo, but only costs and masses 1.5x a standard goo bay, so the wedge is cheaper and lighter than the two goo containment units it replaces.  Same with the materials bay.

Over all the Universal Storage science parts are either the same cost/mass as stock or cheaper.  They might be larger in some cases but that shouldn't be as important compared to cost and mass.  The values might change, but having them the same as stock is an easy way to ensure they aren't under/over powered.

10 hours ago, garwel said:

I use CTT + SETI-UbM (the latter admittedly outdated).

I've been in this playthrough for almost 2 years already and I really don't want to start again now with a different tech tree.

If you've unlocked most of the tree already, what's the issue?  From what I could glean from the SETI-UbM MM configs, these seem to be the differences between US and SETI-UbM tree placement, honestly I'd probably keep the US2 placement in most cases, also including the PbC placement, because why not.  The engineering101 for the cores might be inaccurate, also I guess there could be differences between US2 and US1 placement but I'm assuming @Paul Kingtiger kept things pretty consistent:

Name BaseTechRequired SETI-UbM Requirement PbC Requirement
USThermoBaroWedge spaceExploration engineering101  
USFluidSpectroWedge scienceTech electronics  
USGooBayWedge scienceTech precisionEngineering  
USAccelGravWedge advScienceTech    
USMatBayWedge spaceExploration basicScience  
USSabatier electronics shortTermHabitation logistics
USWaterPurifier electronics recycling logistics
USElektron advExploration hydroponics logistics
USDoubleProbeCore precisionEngineering    
USKASRadial spaceExploration   generalConstruction
USKASWedge spaceExploration   generalConstruction
USEVAX electronics    
USFoodWedge spaceExploration storageTech storageTech
USWaterWedge spaceExploration storageTech storageTech
USGreyWaterWedge spaceExploration   storageTech
USSolidWasteWedge spaceExploration   storageTech
USCarbonDioxideWedge spaceExploration   storageTech
USRadialTanks survivability fuelSystems survivability
USAdaptorShroud1500 specializedConstruction engineering101 advConstruction
USCylindricalShroud0625 generalConstruction engineering101 engineering101
USCylindricalShroud125 advConstruction engineering101 generalConstruction
USAdaptorShroud1875 specializedConstruction engineering101 specializedConstruction
USCylindricalShroud250 specializedConstruction engineering101 specializedConstruction
USAdaptorShroud0625 advConstruction engineering101 stability
USOctocore specializedConstruction engineering101 specializedConstruction
USPenticore specializedConstruction engineering101 advConstruction
USHexcore specializedConstruction engineering101 specializedConstruction
USQuadcore advConstruction engineering101 generalConstruction
USACD1500 specializedControl   specializedConstruction
USACDLarge specializedControl   advMetalworks
USACDSmall advFlightControl   advConstruction
USACDTiny advFlightControl   generalConstruction
USACDMedium specializedControl   specializedConstruction
USFuelCellSmal spaceExploration basicScience recycling
USRTGWedge experimentalElectrics   experimentalElectrics
USBatteryWedge electrics   advElectrics
USGuidanceComputer specializedControl    
USFuelCellMedium advExploration   shortTermHabitation
USOxygenWedge spaceExploration storageTech storageTech
USHydrogenWedge spaceExploration basicScience storageTech
USHydrazineWedge advFuelSystems fuelSystems advFuelSystems
USAerozineWedge fuelSystems fuelSystems advFuelSystems

There's also some discussion over at the SETI-UbM thread, one person appears to have made a continuation/extended mod.  

Edited by ragzilla

I would like all Restock and Restock Plus parts to follow the same pattern in the color palette that you used, a white, a standard gray, a black and a black and white, would be great, besides combining, would leave that SQUAD pattern that we already see the years, their choice of colors are perfect, they pass a very real and attractive metallic impression.

I'm experiencing several issues with the strength of the crafts I build with this mod. When the engines run the Universal Storage part gets compressed and my last attempts to build a satellite with this always end in a complete disassembly as soon the fairings open.

I already tried autostruts but doesn't seen to help. What can I do?

2 hours ago, FellipeC said:

I'm experiencing several issues with the strength of the crafts I build with this mod. When the engines run the Universal Storage part gets compressed and my last attempts to build a satellite with this always end in a complete disassembly as soon the fairings open.

I already tried autostruts but doesn't seen to help. What can I do?

I would say the fix right now is to grab the latest beta: what you're describing is a known issue with some of the parts in the release version.  There have been so many new features and parts under development lately that a new release may be a ways off - only the author(s) can provide guidance on that.

The beta has been fantastic for me personally, though your mileage may vary.  Find Paul's post a few above yours, and you'll see a link in the signature his OneDrive folder with the beta release.  If you're a CKAN guy and need a bit of help installing a mod from "raw files", post here and someone will almost certainly point you in the right direction without *too* much grief ;)

We're looking for help to translate Universal Storage to other languages.

We currently have files for German, Italian and Spanish, but with new parts being added those files need updating.

We'd also like to add more langages to the mod!

To make working on the files easier I have created a BitBucket Repository with a wiki 

https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/uvsii-localization/wiki/Home

If you're able to help with translations it will be massivly appresiated.

Issues-detail.png

12 hours ago, FellipeC said:

No lucky here. Got the beta, but as soon my faring stages, it goes crazy https://imgur.com/a/Ev59rGF

EDIT: Recorded it to help find the cause

The recording was a big help, great idea!
I can't recreate the issue though, not using a similer craft but with only stock + Universal Storage II parts.  Maybe something from DMagic orbital science is causing the issue?  Or a conflict with another mod.

Hey there @Paul Kingtiger there's a part in the latest beta called "Recycling Module" which doesn't seem to be working with USI Life Support.

I've had a good look through the config (WaterPurifier.cfg) and I can't find what's wrong.  Because of the way the swap/recipe is presenting, I think it might be a simple typo somewhere, as the USI-LS module stuff appears OK.  I even went as far as to paste the module code from the USI recycler part in, and it still didn't work, hence the general typo thought.

Happy to help troubleshoot if you want to flip me any .cfg's to test out.  I may try building one from scratch to try and isolate the issue.

I see you pushed a fixed part to your OneDrive before I even finished troubleshooting/posting.  Get out of my head!

(and thanks, of course ;) )

Edited by Chilkoot

Pushed a new update to the Beta built (see my sig for links)

• Fixed the USI Recycler bug
  • New part: Probe core with working gyroscope model (the gyro maintains the same facing while the probe core rotates around it)
  • Some minor fixes to the Science parts
  • 2.5m cylindrical fairing now has optional solar panels on the inside of the bay doors.  These panels will only work when the doors are open and of course must be facing the sun.  You can select between including panels or not in the VAB/SPH and there will be an additional part cost if you take the panels.  This part and function is brand new so extra testing and feedback is welcome!

For a complete list of everything included in the beta build check the Relase Issue in BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/universalstorage2/issues/21/version-release-16010

Recommending an Agroponics (USI-LS) wedge be added to mostly close the LS loop in that environment as there are already fertilizer, supplies, and mulch wedges.  Maybe that doesn't fit with the design plan as the other agroponics modules generally have "non-interior" artwork, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Absolutely loving this mod - thanks again for all the effort!

2 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

Recommending an Agroponics (USI-LS) wedge be added to mostly close the LS loop in that environment as there are already fertilizer, supplies, and mulch wedges.  Maybe that doesn't fit with the design plan as the other agroponics modules generally have "non-interior" artwork, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Absolutely loving this mod - thanks again for all the effort!

Im not sure an agroponics module can be small inaf to be in a wedge

@Paul Kingtigerafter installing the new beta i found i am missing a part "USCylindricalShroud250" i think the new Shroud is not compatible whit ships that has the old one

Edited by danielboro

9 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

The recording was a big help, great idea!
I can't recreate the issue though, not using a similer craft but with only stock + Universal Storage II parts.  Maybe something from DMagic orbital science is causing the issue?  Or a conflict with another mod.

I experienced the same problem. Sorry I have no images or video but the problem seems to be based on my testing that the smallest US wedge, the one that has 4 radial attachment point, is doing to much contracting and compressing based on the forces applied, then it starts to wobble to a point of catastrophic disassembly. In short, the wedge doesn't seem to be rigid enough. I experienced this problem when the wedge was larger than length one. I tested it with basic batteries and stuff not other modded US parts like DMagic. The symptom is the same as in @FellipeC's video.

10 hours ago, danielboro said:

Im not sure an agroponics module can be small inaf to be in a wedge

@Paul Kingtigerafter installing the new beta i found i am missing a part "USCylindricalShroud250" i think the new Shroud is not compatible whit ships that has the old one

It was designed to be compatable with exsisting craft so that's a bug, we'll look into it.

In the meantime, the original part is in the download under GameData\UniversalStorage2\Parts\Shrouds\CylindricalShroud250.zip so you can swap them out to fix the issue while we work on it.

9 hours ago, bokrif said:

I experienced the same problem. Sorry I have no images or video but the problem seems to be based on my testing that the smallest US wedge, the one that has 4 radial attachment point, is doing to much contracting and compressing based on the forces applied, then it starts to wobble to a point of catastrophic disassembly. In short, the wedge doesn't seem to be rigid enough. I experienced this problem when the wedge was larger than length one. I tested it with basic batteries and stuff not other modded US parts like DMagic. The symptom is the same as in @FellipeC's video.

The four bay core is physicsless in the current beta so it can't compress and cause this issue.  In GameData\UniversalStorage2\Parts\Structural check US_Quad.cfg in notepad and check it has the following line:
If it doesn't then you're not on the latest beta version (you can manually enter the line in your install to fix the issue.  If you do have the line and it's compressing then another mod must be conflicting with the build or I don't know what's going on.

himage.png

I'm having an issue with the Universal Storage science experiments. They no longer seem to exist. I can only find the original game versions of the experiments. I downloaded US2 from Ckan but not the original US. It looks as though it isn't compatible anymore. Did I miss something or forget to do something? I'm kinda new to this lol.