Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

16 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

So wait, does the Sabatier reactor produce liquid fuel or does it produce methane?

In the beta, methane.  I've just noticed that the part descriptions are out of date, I've updated them in English and will push the localization changes tonight.

4 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

In the beta, methane.  I've just noticed that the part descriptions are out of date, I've updated them in English and will push the localization changes tonight.

Oh, okay, it said liquidfuel in the editor but in flight nothing was being produced. Makes sense.

4 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

I have streamlined the way in which localization are handled.  There is now a google drive set up that anyone can edit, to make it easier for people to help translate the mod.

More information is available in the translation post.

If US2 migrated over to a Git repo way of being hosted and managed, dummy Intl' localisation files could be made (commented out) that users could potentially just make pull requests to...?

29 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

If US2 migrated over to a Git repo way of being hosted and managed, dummy Intl' localisation files could be made (commented out) that users could potentially just make pull requests to...?

It's been like that for a while, but wasn't proving popular.  I picked google docs as other translation projects are using this method and it makes it easier for non-developers who aren't used to git.
https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/uvsii-localization/src/master/

The main mod is also on a private git, although the issue tracker is public.
https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/universalstorage2/issues?status=new&status=open

On 4/11/2019 at 4:03 AM, Paul Kingtiger said:

My testing so far shows the current beta is fully compatible with KSP 1.7

Has anyone else noticed any issues?

Spent a couple hours messing around with the current released version on 1.7, and no issues seen - all the animations look normal, part functionality seems fine, no issues that I can see.

The Universal Storage team is very excited to announce the release of:

Universal Storage II - Science and Command Update

Uv-Sii-Science-and-Command-Update-1920.p

This is the first release of our new deployment method, using an extensive beta test phase to help squash as many bugs as possible.  But this isn't just a big fix release, it also includes a set of stock science experiments in wedge format and a new probe core part, allowing wedge format unmanned craft!
Download links in the first post of this thread (available via Space Dock and CKAN).
Information on the mod and a parts catalog can be found at http://www.kingtiger.online/uvsii/ 

For help and support please post on this thread, or check the issue tracker (links in my signature).

New features

New science parts

• Universal Storage: Atmospheric Science Unit
  • Universal Storage: Advanced Material Bay
  • Universal Storage: Advanced Goo Unit
  • Universal Storage: Atmospheric Fluid Spectro Variometer
  • Universal Storage: Physical Science Unit

New Probe Core

• Universal Storage: Remote Operations Unit

New Localization

• Brazilian Portuguese (thanks to the hard work of Kastruss)

Bug fixes

• 16: Bug: Part jittering caused by PEM fuel cell when attached to to a Quad core.
  • 14: Bug: Broken localization for #autoLOC_US_Toggle Primary Bays in Tapered fairing 1.5m to 1.875m
  • 18: Bug: Out of date VERSION field in KSP-AVC file
  • 20: Bug: Multiple skins showing on part thumbnail in tech tree
  • 22: EVA-X now has EC to allow data transmission
  • 24: Fixed issue with USI Recycler not working
  • 25: Fuel cells throttle to match demand (UI doesn't always update to show this)
  • Added FlowMode to all ModuleResourceConverter outputs
  • Added localization for Universal Storage: ACD (1.5m)
  • Fixed tech tree code for new parts, they now appear correctly.
  • Fixed a resource amount bug in the Elektron
  • Fixed typo in WaterWedge.cfg
  • Updated Sabatier description to replace Liquid Fuel with Methane.
Edited by Paul Kingtiger

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

The Universal Storage team is very excited to announce the release of:

Universal Storage II - Science and Command Update

Uv-Sii-Science-and-Command-Update-1920.p

This is the first release of our new deployment method, using an extensive beta test phase to help squash as many bugs as possible.  But this isn't just a big fix release, it also includes a set of stock science experiments in wedge format and a new probe core part, allowing wedge format unmanned craft!
Download links in the first post of this thread (available via Space Dock and CKAN).
Information on the mod and a parts catalog can be found at http://www.kingtiger.online/uvsii/ 

For help and support please post on this thread, or check the issue tracker (links in my signature).

New features

New science parts

• Universal Storage: Atmospheric Science Unit
  • Universal Storage: Advanced Material Bay
  • Universal Storage: Advanced Goo Unit
  • Universal Storage: Atmospheric Fluid Spectro Variometer
  • Universal Storage: Physical Science Unit

New Probe Core

• Universal Storage: Remote Operations Unit

New Localization

• Brazilian Portuguese (thanks to the hard work of Kastruss)

Bug fixes

• 16: Bug: Part jittering caused by PEM fuel cell when attached to to a Quad core.
  • 14: Bug: Broken localization for #autoLOC_US_Toggle Primary Bays in Tapered fairing 1.5m to 1.875m
  • 18: Bug: Out of date VERSION field in KSP-AVC file
  • 20: Bug: Multiple skins showing on part thumbnail in tech tree
  • 22: EVA-X now has EC to allow data transmission
  • 24: Fixed issue with USI Recycler not working
  • 25: Fuel cells throttle to match demand (UI doesn't always update to show this)
  • Added FlowMode to all ModuleResourceConverter outputs
  • Added localization for Universal Storage: ACD (1.5m)
  • Fixed tech tree code for new parts, they now appear correctly.
  • Fixed a resource amount bug in the Elektron
  • Fixed typo in WaterWedge.cfg
  • Updated Sabatier description to replace Liquid Fuel with Methane.

I hate to be that guy, and I'm truly sorry for this, but was this designed to be backwards compatible with 1.6.1? I'm playing with the Kerbalism mod, and that PEM fuel cell would be really useful, but I've run into that part jittering tearing my ships apart issue, and I'm not ready to move up to 1.7. I can see in the bottom right corner the 1.3.0+ to 1.7.0+ Indicator, so I'm assuming it was built to be backwards compatible, but we've all heard what happens when you assume..

44 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I hate to be that guy, and I'm truly sorry for this, but was this designed to be backwards compatible with 1.6.1? I'm playing with the Kerbalism mod, and that PEM fuel cell would be really useful, but I've run into that part jittering tearing my ships apart issue, and I'm not ready to move up to 1.7. I can see in the bottom right corner the 1.3.0+ to 1.7.0+ Indicator, so I'm assuming it was built to be backwards compatible, but we've all heard what happens when you assume..

The current release was beta tested mostly on 1.6.1 (more so than 1.7!) it will be fine.

27 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The current release was beta tested mostly on 1.6.1 (more so than 1.7!) it will be fine.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I had already downloaded it and was testing myself, but sometimes even if everything looks good, surprises can still sneak up and bite you in the rear if the mod wasn't built for the older versions.

I'm having an odd issue in the early game using the double height 4slot 1.25m service bay where I have the Central spoke of the service bay hooked up to the bottom of a Mk1 command pod, and I load up the service bay with extra monopropellant, life support pods, science gizmos and the like, I make sure the weight is distributed evenly, then attach the service faring, and put a 1.heatshieldeild on, then add moar boosters till It has the dV to make orbit. When either launching or attempting reentry with the pod+service bay that the pod starts to rock back and forth, presumably on the service bay core, causing some weird physics issues when the bay faring clips with the pod and then it starts vibrating all over the place... that is assuming the whole thing doesn't just explode.

I'm at work at the moment, so I can't provide any logs, but this is easily reproducible in my game and I can get a log file for you if one is needed.

Would Auto-strutting to the service bay core to the Command pod, and each individual service module auto strut to the service bay core, and then the Faring to the bay core it's attached to help?

1 hour ago, aceman67 said:

I'm having an odd issue in the early game using the double height 4slot 1.25m service bay where I have the Central spoke of the service bay hooked up to the bottom of a Mk1 command pod, and I load up the service bay with extra monopropellant, life support pods, science gizmos and the like, I make sure the weight is distributed evenly, then attach the service faring, and put a 1.heatshieldeild on, then add moar boosters till It has the dV to make orbit. When either launching or attempting reentry with the pod+service bay that the pod starts to rock back and forth, presumably on the service bay core, causing some weird physics issues when the bay faring clips with the pod and then it starts vibrating all over the place... that is assuming the whole thing doesn't just explode.

I'm at work at the moment, so I can't provide any logs, but this is easily reproducible in my game and I can get a log file for you if one is needed.

Would Auto-strutting to the service bay core to the Command pod, and each individual service module auto strut to the service bay core, and then the Faring to the bay core it's attached to help?

What version of KSP and Universal Storage II, any other mods installed?

I'll see if I can recreate the issue.

I commend you on trying to recreate it, so here's my CKAN mod file for you to throw a fresh 1.7 install (although I was getting the same issue in 1.6.1). Ignore the B9partswtich errors, from what I've read from that mod's thread, it's just throwing a hissy fit from the new version and isn't anything game-breaking (I was able to test another rocket this morning with no issues).

I've also included the craft file for testing, I tried without Auto-strut and Rigid attachment, and with Auto-strut (Root) and Rigid attachment on the USII bay fairing. Both oddly survived this time, although the Fairing and everything in it (except the cores) were destroyed in both splashdowns (despite coming in at 5-6m/s, totally safe for stock service bays in my experience. Probably needs maor chutes).

Also, don't timewarp while in atmo during launch, rocket becomes a noodly Kraken treat, the rocket has enough dV to get to an 80km orbit, and to de-orbit both main stage and second stage, it's nothing pretty. It's also using just Squad/SquadExp and Universal Storage 2 parts.

Mods CKAN file and Craft File here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YQU-s-x3-4dGgCvEYMaw1CyLVmAFdlLV

Edited by aceman67

On 8/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

There is a problem with X science experiment!
Although it contains lots of wedge parts, DMagic Orbital Science is a separate mod.  Universal Storage 2 does not contain any science parts, so if that's what you're having trouble with check the Orbital Science thread for support.

Should probably change this, since there are now science parts included in this! :) 

On 8/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

There is a problem with X science experiment!
Although it contains lots of wedge parts, DMagic Orbital Science is a separate mod.  Universal Storage 2 does not contain any science parts, so if that's what you're having trouble with check the Orbital Science thread for support.

Should probably change this, since there are now science parts included in this! :) 

On 9/26/2018 at 8:57 AM, Paul Kingtiger said:

Very likely.  There are some new fuel parts coming soon so we'll probably wait for them before adding RF integration.

Hate to quote such an old comment, but I couldn't find any more recent ones. +1 to RealFuels, please :)

I got most of the way through building an Apollo CSM with the 1.4.x parts and US2 and realized that the modules didn't have RealFuels. Of course, short-term I could get around that with a real tank, but what's the current status on RealFuels integration? Should something be added to the Issue Tracker?

6 hours ago, coolguy8445 said:

Hate to quote such an old comment, but I couldn't find any more recent ones. +1 to RealFuels, please :)

I got most of the way through building an Apollo CSM with the 1.4.x parts and US2 and realized that the modules didn't have RealFuels. Of course, short-term I could get around that with a real tank, but what's the current status on RealFuels integration? Should something be added to the Issue Tracker?

I think this is more a case of, if someone created a module manager file we'll look at adding it to the mod, but making UvSii Real fuels compatible is outside of the scope of the mod.

9 hours ago, coolguy8445 said:

Makes sense. I was assuming it'd be in-scope since UvS1 had RealFuels configs. I believe the RealFuels folks themselves keep a *vast* repository of compatibility patches for other mods, so I'll poke around their page. Thanks!

Someone did the RF configs for US1 for us and we added it in.  Same story with Community Tech Tree and Modular Fuel tanks.

I'd love to get more compatibility patches in UvSii, but a combination of limited available time and not being a user of some of the mods means it's probably best left to other people.  I'm very happy to include them in the mod, with appropriate credit of course!

On 8/27/2018 at 2:56 AM, commanderbunbun said:

Has anyone been having issues with the Batteries? I don't see the charger on the batteries.

I'm having this problem, too. 

On closer investigation, when in the VAB the part is behaving normally, but when launched, the resource amounts are being set to zero:

name = ElectricCharge
					amount = 0
					maxAmount = 0
					flowState = True
					isTweakable = True
					hideFlow = False
					isVisible = True
					flowMode = Both

Here are the mods I have in common with commanderbunbun:

000_AT_Utils
ClickThroughBlocker
USI Tools
ToolbarControl
B9 Part Switch
Community Category Kit
Community Resource Pack
CommunityTechTree
Firespitter
Interstellar Fuel Switch
KAS
Kerbal Inventory System
KSP-AVC Plugin
OPT Legacy Spaceplane Parts
OPT Reconfig
TweakScale
USI-LS
Universal Storage II
World Stabilizer - 0.9.2

I will try to investigate this further tomorrow.

Edited by Kielm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.