Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

Update:

It wasn't any of those. It was KRnD. 

The following line needs to be added to blacklist.cfg in the KRnD subfolder to fix the problem. 

BLACKLISTED_MODULE = USFuelSwitch

Then everything goes back to working as normal. I'll post this over in the KRnD thread too. 

Hi. Brilliant, high quality work! Thank you.

I'm not sure if Universal Storage (1.7.0.10) science parts work as they should with Kerbalism (2.1.2) [KSP 1.7] (or maybe vice versa?).

I'm talking about things like "xmitDataScalar" - for example for Advanced Goo Unit or Atmospheric Science Unit.

Parts from Universal Storage still work like in stock KSP (so for example goo data is transmittable, and only a percent of science is rewarded - when it should not be transmittable at all, and if it is, the reward should be 100%).

Edited by Szperacz

1 hour ago, Szperacz said:

Hi. Brilliant, high quality work! Thank you.

I'm not sure if Universal Storage (1.7.0.10) science parts work as they should with Kerbalism (2.1.2) [KSP 1.7] (or maybe vice versa?).

I'm talking about things like "xmitDataScalar" - for example for Advanced Goo Unit or Atmospheric Science Unit.

Parts from Universal Storage still work like in stock KSP (so for example goo data is transmittable, and only a percent of science is rewarded - when it should not be transmittable at all, and if it is, the reward should be 100%).

This question goes in the Kerbalism topic, as it changes how all science systems work.

@Paul Kingtiger Minor issue for consideration, I don't know if anyone else has brought it up, or if I've got some thing strange in my install but there appears to be a slight imbalance between the liquid fuel to oxidizer ratio in the US 2 liquid fuel parts. Ended up with .85 units of oxidizer left in each tank when I ran out of liquid fuel.

9MuN8on.jpg

15 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Paul Kingtiger Minor issue for consideration, I don't know if anyone else has brought it up, or if I've got some thing strange in my install but there appears to be a slight imbalance between the liquid fuel to oxidizer ratio in the US 2 liquid fuel parts. Ended up with .85 units of oxidizer left in each tank when I ran out of liquid fuel.

I'll take a look, thanks for the report!

[Update]

Found and fixed the issue, it'll be included in the next release.

In the meantime you can download Universal_Storage_II-1.7.0.10 Patch 1 from the My KSP onedrive folder link in my sig.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

On 4/22/2019 at 7:53 AM, JohnTomato said:

My scientist can't collect the data from SC3 Advanced Goo Unit and SC4 Advanced Material Bay. Is this intended? Can this be bypassed?

I am running into the same problem, for some reason the two units believe that they are already full and will not run a new experiment.  Anyone else dealing with this and did you figure out a fix?  Thanks!

@Paul Kingtiger Cosmetic question, what are the 1.5m shroud and central core units meant to mate too? I'm not finding an adapter, or a 1.5m part that matches them. I don't know if I'm just overlooking something, or if they were built to match parts from a mod I don't use? Just curious, as anytime I try and use them, I either end up with a under hang or over hang between the 1.25 or 1.875.

13 hours ago, Jason Allaway said:

I am running into the same problem, for some reason the two units believe that they are already full and will not run a new experiment.  Anyone else dealing with this and did you figure out a fix?  Thanks!

@Daishi this sounds exactly like what happened on stream the other day where my Scientist could not even activate the materials bay after it had been used twice.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

@Paul Kingtiger Cosmetic question, what are the 1.5m shroud and central core units meant to mate too? I'm not finding an adapter, or a 1.5m part that matches them. I don't know if I'm just overlooking something, or if they were built to match parts from a mod I don't use? Just curious, as anytime I try and use them, I either end up with a under hang or over hang between the 1.25 or 1.875.

They are primarily designed for the Bluedog Design Bureau Gemini parts.
There is a 1.875m cylindrical fairing coming in a future release which will support the 5 bay core.

I'm having an issue with the Remote Operations System: Kerbnet doesn't seem to work. The upper left corner shows no control what-so-ever. No red, yellow, or green probe, no kerbal. No signal strength. No connection indicator. Just an empty box. If I go to "Kerbnet Access" on the probe core it says "KerbNet offline".  It shows up as "debris" and the only control I can input is full throttle or no throttle. MechJeb works.

If I give it an OCTO it works fine, so the ROS is the part that's broken. I've tested this as KSP Vanilla + US2 only and have the same problem.

Spoiler

KSP-US2-Probe-Broken.png

On 4/29/2019 at 12:14 AM, Erzengel said:

I'm having an issue with the Remote Operations System: Kerbnet doesn't seem to work. The upper left corner shows no control what-so-ever. No red, yellow, or green probe, no kerbal. No signal strength. No connection indicator. Just an empty box. If I go to "Kerbnet Access" on the probe core it says "KerbNet offline".  It shows up as "debris" and the only control I can input is full throttle or no throttle. MechJeb works.

If I give it an OCTO it works fine, so the ROS is the part that's broken. I've tested this as KSP Vanilla + US2 only and have the same problem.

Hide contents

KSP-US2-Probe-Broken.png

Ok thank, I'll take a look.

[UPDATE]
Yep, that's not working as it should.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

On 4/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, JohnTomato said:

My scientist can't collect the data from SC3 Advanced Goo Unit and SC4 Advanced Material Bay. Is this intended? Can this be bypassed?

On 4/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jason Allaway said:

On 4/24/2019 at 3:06 AM, Poodmund said:

@Daishi this sounds exactly like what happened on stream the other day where my Scientist could not even activate the materials bay after it had been used twice.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:42 PM, Fr8monkey said:

Any word on the science packages not being recycled with a scientist? 

Anyone have more details on this problem? Is the problem collecting data from the part? Or resetting the part after collecting data? Or collecting data after resetting the part? All of the above?

Do the options for collecting or resetting the part appear in the right click menu? Do any screen messages appear related to this?

Does it work during normal use, from inside the vessel, but not on EVA?

12 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Anyone have more details on this problem? Is the problem collecting data from the part? Or resetting the part after collecting data? Or collecting data after resetting the part? All of the above?

Do the options for collecting or resetting the part appear in the right click menu? Do any screen messages appear related to this?

Does it work during normal use, from inside the vessel, but not on EVA?

If you run the experiment, My scientist cant collect it and reset it either from the capsule or IVA.  It just says it cannot be removed.

9 hours ago, GamerGuest64 said:

Any idea if this works with Community Tech Tree?

Yes.  If I'm not mistaken all that CTT does is extend the stock tech tree to allow places for mods that want to comply with CTT.  It'll work...whether you like the nodes into which the mod places the parts is another question entirely.

What I am doing wrong here? The Cylindrical Fairing does not clear the Advanced Material Bay wedge's door when open. Or is it normal to just not use a fairing for these parts?o6deCeE.png

Edited by lordcirth

8 hours ago, EasyAce said:

I seem to be missing the "cores"

http://www.kingtiger.online/uvsii/cores/

Any known bugs about that?

In my installation, Service Cores, with the CTT mod, start appearing under the Advanced Construction node of the Tech Tree.  Do you have access to the other parts (researched and paid for)?

Have you tried the Quick Search mod?  Most of the time it can help you narrow your part search in the R&D centre and the VAB.  In the VAB, Janitor's Closet can also help.  Searching for "Service Core" finds them.

2 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

In my installation, Service Cores, with the CTT mod, start appearing under the Advanced Construction node of the Tech Tree.  Do you have access to the other parts (researched and paid for)?

Have you tried the Quick Search mod?  Most of the time it can help you narrow your part search in the R&D centre and the VAB.  In the VAB, Janitor's Closet can also help.  Searching for "Service Core" finds them.

Yes, I've passed advanced construction and do find the US2 minituized material bay under miniturization. I also have the first US2 fairings. But they are useless without the core.