Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

I have the 1.8.0.11 Release candidate ready for testing, you can download it (and other universal storage betas) at this link:
https://1drv.ms/a/s!BPmqbLkW8UIH2aQjaY0fMwyaWq51AA?e=sfZjKsDsHESeq90bXIJ95Q&at=9

Please leave feedback on this thread!

Change log
Compatible with KSP 1.8.0
Includes Modulemanager 4.1.0 and Community Resource Pack 1.3.0.0

Bugs

• #36 Fixed Liquid Fuel / Oxidizer ratio in Liquid Fuel Wedge.
  • #29 Fixed T1 Remote Operations System does not work. It will now correctly show as a probe by default (thanks to Zorg for fixing this one).
  • #35 Fuel crossfeed enabled for all parts.  (this should fix cross feed issues, let me know if it doesn't).

Balance

• Lowered the weight of the Remote Operations System to match a double height Battery (0.034). You can now easily create a craft with a balanced centre of mass.
    This was causing balance issues, now you can mount the ROS and put a double height battery opposite on the core and have a balanced craft.

New parts

• Universal Storage: Cargo Wedge
    A stock cargo system compatible wedge, with 3 slots. It currently uses the same model as the KIS wedge, but may get it’s own model in a later patch.
    This is currently locked to the double height variant as there is an issue with how the part switcher interacts with the cargo system.

[EXC 13:07:07.828] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.DrawDebugLines (UnityEngine.Transform[] sources, System.Single length, UnityEngine.Color c) (at <f5fec1a787044d47aafb267e180fa4ec>:0)
    UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.Update () (at <f5fec1a787044d47aafb267e180fa4ec>:0)

This seems to be happening. Logs can be made available if needed, at the moment building Duna mission.

2 hours ago, Lathari said:

[EXC 13:07:07.828] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.DrawDebugLines (UnityEngine.Transform[] sources, System.Single length, UnityEngine.Color c) (at <f5fec1a787044d47aafb267e180fa4ec>:0)
    UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.Update () (at <f5fec1a787044d47aafb267e180fa4ec>:0)

This seems to be happening. Logs can be made available if needed, at the moment building Duna mission.

Thanks for the report, 

I've uploaded a new version: UniversalStorage2 1.8.0.11 RC02

https://1drv.ms/a/s!BPmqbLkW8UIH2aQjaY0fMwyaWq51AA?e=sfZjKsDsHESeq90bXIJ95Q&at=9

6 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

I have the 1.8.0.11 Release candidate ready for testing, you can download it (and other universal storage betas) at this link:

Please leave feedback on this thread!

Change log
Compatible with KSP 1.8.0
Includes Modulemanager 4.1.0 and Community Resource Pack 1.3.0.0

Bugs

• #36 Fixed Liquid Fuel / Oxidizer ratio in Liquid Fuel Wedge.
  • #29 Fixed T1 Remote Operations System does not work. It will now correctly show as a probe by default (thanks to Zorg for fixing this one).
  • #35 Fuel crossfeed enabled for all parts.  (this should fix cross feed issues, let me know if it doesn't).

Balance

• Lowered the weight of the Remote Operations System to match a double height Battery (0.034). You can now easily create a craft with a balanced centre of mass.
    This was causing balance issues, now you can mount the ROS and put a double height battery opposite on the core and have a balanced craft.

New parts

• Universal Storage: Cargo Wedge
    A stock cargo system compatible wedge, with 3 slots. It currently uses the same model as the KIS wedge, but may get it’s own model in a later patch.
    This is currently locked to the double height variant as there is an issue with how the part switcher interacts with the cargo system.

Can’t wait to test this out! Also are the Russian variant parts that were being worked on in this version, or will that come out at a later time? 

4 hours ago, Teratles said:

Where is still the problem with the fuel transfer if i have Universal Storage in between two tanks.

Sounds like this bug: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/universalstorage2/issues/41/bug-fuelcrossfeed-not-working-due-to-cores

I’m not sure what the underlying problem is, but I’m guessing it isn’t a no-brainer. 

Fyi, it’ll work if you disable “Resource transfer obeys Crossfeed rules” in the difficulty settings, though I admit it’s more a workaround than a fix. 

I did note a ui glitch (with RC 2) that the cores and wedges containing resources have when in the VAB/SPH. If you change their length they will list the resource in the tweakables window multiple times. However, those extra resource lines are a lie and will disappear if you close the tweakable window and reopen it. The correct amount of resources seems to always be in place.

19 hours ago, Jognt said:

Sounds like this bug: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/universalstorage2/issues/41/bug-fuelcrossfeed-not-working-due-to-cores

I’m not sure what the underlying problem is, but I’m guessing it isn’t a no-brainer. 

Fyi, it’ll work if you disable “Resource transfer obeys Crossfeed rules” in the difficulty settings, though I admit it’s more a workaround than a fix. 

Yes it is the problem. And then i disable the difficulty settings i can transfer fuel!

On 11/2/2019 at 12:32 AM, Paul Kingtiger said:

Has anyone had a chance to test the beta, any issues?

One of the issues I have found is tht if you incorporate it into a station or a rather large flight vessel the 2.5 m unit tends to wobble a little . whether this is due to the flight dynamics or the lace of strutting is uncertain.. will test further.

Space_Coyote

7 hours ago, Teratles said:

Yes it is the problem. And then i disable the difficulty settings i can transfer fuel!

This bug is caused by something other than the crossfeed system itself. The crossfeed problem is just a symptom of it.

I'm not sure whether the devs have reproduced it (or if my bug report was sufficient to understand it), so @Paul Kingtiger -> If you could use more info/details on this bug, let me know.

4 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

One of the issues I have found is tht if you incorporate it into a station or a rather large flight vessel the 2.5 m unit tends to wobble a little . whether this is due to the flight dynamics or the lace of strutting is uncertain.. will test further.

Space_Coyote

Wobble? I did notice the 2.5m core inducing thrust torque, most likely the west-west-north node is off by a fraction. (or the east-east-south node)

On 11/3/2019 at 7:01 AM, Einarr said:

I did note a ui glitch (with RC 2) that the cores and wedges containing resources have when in the VAB/SPH. If you change their length they will list the resource in the tweakables window multiple times. However, those extra resource lines are a lie and will disappear if you close the tweakable window and reopen it. The correct amount of resources seems to always be in place.

Yep I noticed that too last night.  I'll add it to the list, thanks for the confirmation. 

16 hours ago, Jognt said:

This bug is caused by something other than the crossfeed system itself. The crossfeed problem is just a symptom of it.

I'm not sure whether the devs have reproduced it (or if my bug report was sufficient to understand it), so @Paul Kingtiger -> If you could use more info/details on this bug, let me know.

When I try to recreate the problem I revert to the VAB and the craft no longer retains the resource levels (the tanks are full up again).
I'm doing more research on the issue but I imagine this issue and the multiple resource sliders issue are related.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

4 minutes ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Yep I noticed that too last night.  I'll add it to the list, thanks for the confirmation. 

I noticed it yesterday on some parts from other mods (Near future mods), so it can be stock issue.

1 hour ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

When I try to recreate the problem I revert to the VAB and the craft no longer retains the resource levels (the tanks are full up again).
I'm doing more research on the issue but I imagine this issue and the multiple resource sliders issue are related.

I did not encounter the tank amounts resetting though the PAW lines being duplicated is caused by Stock KSP modifying PAW entries recently (1.7-ish), mods like Snark's SimpleFuelSwitch had to update for it too.

The only difference I noticed besides crossfeed suddenly no longer working was in the savefile itself where the end node of the USII core 'lost' its connected part and had it set to -1 or whatever the default/unconnected is. The tank (B) that was attached to it suddenly had its parent set to the tank below (C) that which had the tank above it (B) as its parent. In other words, they formed a circle reference.

This breakage in the tree structure is most likely what caused the crossfeed problem. (Technically the parts were no longer connected to the main vessel, which is why it does work when " Resource transfer obeys crossfeed rules" is disabled because then it'll just flow through the whole vessel regardless of connections)

Edited by Jognt

I have uploaded release candidate 4 to the beta folder.

The plugin has been updated for KSP 1.8.x which fixes the issue with duplicate resource sliders appearing when changing part variants.  This is due to a change in Unity for 1.8.x

This also means that this version will only work in KSP 1.8.x and later so we have also released a version for 1.7.x, make sure you use the right one.

Note this doesn't fix the issue with resource amounts resetting (to full) when reverting to the VAB, we're still working on that.

In addition we now have the new part model for the Breaking Ground compatible cargo wedge (the placeholder we have in the earlier beta has been removed, so if you're using this in craft don't instal this version yet.

1 hour ago, Pell said:

I've noticed some texture issues with some parts, mainly the decouplers. This is porkjet colour scheme. The white parts will be visible even when there is no light.

x5Qf4JF.png

We'll take a look, thanks for letting us know :)

Edit: All fixed, it was due to some overlooked material settings on parts that didn't have normal maps. Seemed to only happen under KSP 1.8, fixes should be available to download soon.

Edited by Daishi

Possible bug: ScienceAlert Realerted has problems with wedge AMS and Mystery Goo; the experiments show up in the window, but when activated via ScienceAlert they can't be reset and data can't be collected from them. 
Additionally, OrbitalScience wedge parts can't be activated at all using ScienceAlert. 

I'm aware that this might be a ScienceAlert bug, but both mods worked well with each other in 1.7.3.

Using 1.9.8.4 for ScienceAlert and RC5 beta version posted just above for UnivStorage, but the bug also occurs in the latest stable release.
It seems to be a similar bug to what was reported here with [x]Science: 

39 minutes ago, Physical Copy said:

Possible bug: ScienceAlert Realerted has problems with wedge AMS and Mystery Goo; the experiments show up in the window, but when activated via ScienceAlert they can't be reset and data can't be collected from them. 

Additionally, OrbitalScience wedge parts can't be activated at all using ScienceAlert. 

I'm aware that this might be a ScienceAlert bug, but both mods worked well with each other in 1.7.3.

It seems to be a similar bug to what was reported here with [x]Science: 

Using 1.9.8.4 for ScienceAlert and beta RC5 posted just above for Universal Storage II.

As i said in the other thread, please post a log file

On 11/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

As i said in the other thread, please post a log file

Posted it in the other thread but I'll drop it here as well: https://ufile.io/dipsh9qx. I'll also add that after clicking the "Deploy all" or "Deploy all but EVA" buttons, the EVA Report option doesn't show up when arriving in the new biome.