Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

On 6/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, timeb said:

I managed to get the 1.9.1 B2 version working, was just a bit tricky digging out all the hotfixes throughout the many pages and working out which version they applied to or not.

Perils of playing with a beta version, so I'm not complaining.

@timeb Can you remember the steps to get 1.9.1 B2 or the latest working?

16 hours ago, SkiRich said:

Can someone explain when I would use the guidance computer wedge?

Looking at the cfg file it seems it only adds all the open MechJeb functions.

I was thinking it was like the stock guidance computer rings.

http://www.kingtiger.online/uvsii/other_mods/

The Guidance Computer works with MechJeb or kOS. If you're not using either mod, then it has no purpose.

hey all,

so, I don't know if I should ask this here or over in the USI-LS topic, but can anyone give me even just a rough idea on how I could add USI-LS "supplies" to the EVA-X backpack like it has for TAC? I have a basic-ish understanding of the cfg file system from mucking about in Crusader Kings 2, but I don't want to needlessly bork my files if this isn't possible - given that it isn't a feature of the part already, I imagine there is a good reason.

Thanks in advance.

Trying this in 1.9.1

Part switching does not affect TAC Life Support Solid Waste values.

Some other parts regarding TAC LS stuff also don't work. I checked the cfg files and found that in for example the Hydrogen tank, the values are all separated by colon (;) while in the TAC LS stuff, some values are separated by commas (,).

Going to try changing the commas for colons and will update this post accordingly.

Edit 1: Also the amounts seem excessive even for the smallest version of the parts. Carbon Dioxide at 56400 on first size lasts like 2 years for 3 kerbals.

Edit 2:
I made some MM patches for the Life Support related parts. I tweaked the sizes to some I feel more confortable with, feel free to tweak them back. But keep the colon separation (;)

Spoiler

Patches for UniversalStorage 2 And TAC LS

@PART[USComboLifesupportWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 21.94
        maxAmount = 21.94
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 2220.76
        maxAmount = 2220.76
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 14.5
        maxAmount = 14.5
    }
}

@PART[USFoodWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    @MODULE[USFuelSwitch]
    {    
        @resourceNames = Food;Food;Food;Food
        @resourceAmounts = 65.82;131.64;197.46;263.28
        @initialResourceAmounts = 65.82;131.64;197.46;263.28
        @tankCost = 0;179;358;537
        @tankMass = 0.000;0.100;0.200;0.300
    }
}

@PART[USWaterWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    @MODULE[USFuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames = Water;Water;Water;Water
        @resourceAmounts = 43.5;87;130.5;174
        @initialResourceAmounts = 43.5;87;130.5;174
        @tankCost = 0;150;300;450
        @tankMass = 0.100;0.200;0.300;0.400
    }
}

@PART[USOxygenWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    @MODULE[USFuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames = Oxygen;Oxygen;Oxygen;Oxygen
        @resourceAmounts = 6662.28;13324.56;19986.84;26649.12
        @initialResourceAmounts = 6662.28;13324.56;19986.84;26649.12
    }
}

@PART[USCarbonDioxideWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    @MODULE[USFuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames = CarbonDioxide;CarbonDioxide;CarbonDioxide;CarbonDioxide
        @resourceAmounts = 5754.78;11509.56;17264.34;23019.12
        @initialResourceAmounts = 0;0;0;0
        @tankMass = 0;0.1;0.2;0.3
    }
}

@PART[USSolidWasteWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    @MODULE[USFuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames = Waste;Waste;Waste;Waste
        @resourceAmounts = 6;12;18;24
    }
}

@PART[USGreyWaterWedge]:FOR[UniversalStorage&TacLifeSupport]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    @MODULE[USFuelSwitch]
    {
        @resourceNames = WasteWater;WasteWater;WasteWater;WasteWater
        @resourceAmounts = 55.44;110.88;166.32;221.76
    }
}

@PART[USSingleProbeCore]:FOR[UniversalStorage&KerbalEngineer]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FlightEngineerModule
    }
}

@PART[USDoubleProbeCore]:FOR[UniversalStorage&KerbalEngineer]:AFTER[UniversalStorage]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = FlightEngineerModule
    }
}

Enough stuff/space in each container to keep 3 kerbals alive for 60 days. The combination life support can keep 3 Kerbals alive for 13 days (water, oxygen, food)

Also added kerbal engineer to the probe cores.

Edited by Darkona
new info

On 5/31/2020 at 5:34 AM, Smurfalot said:

All of them I have tried so far, but I am not certain I have unlocked 100% of them. Also the two 1.25 cylinder fairings with the LFO/Mono tank options are also having problems. One does not have a tank no matter which option you select and the other always has Mono no matter which other options you select.

I am currently using UniversalStorage2 1.9.1.12 B2.zip, should I try B5 instead? I do not see it on the Onedrive.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:48 PM, timeb said:

Something is definitely wonky with the 1.9.1.12 B2 release, the OctoCore doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the VAB or tech tree.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, JedTech said:

@timeb Can you remember the steps to get 1.9.1 B2 or the latest working?

On 6/20/2020 at 5:21 AM, sushisundays said:

Hey there; I'm not able to get onedrive to work, does anyone have the 1.8.1 beta/hotfix in maybe a dropbox or mega? Thanks :)

Sorry for the delay, alternative Dropbox download link for Beta\Hotfix 5 is here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjosxxf5ojuhu75/AADKtg3KqcDlvtVsGVra0sS8a?dl=0 Copy and replace over an existing Universal Storage 2 install. Onedrive link remains at https://1drv.ms/f/s!As-w_rlhH66Hl7QLCNdqc4h37igUJg

Edited by Daishi

48 minutes ago, KIMCHI said:

Is there a changelog for the newest release? Love this mod!

The 1.9.1 Spacedock\newest release is the Beta 5 version of the Pioneer update, which is a few months old now. Most of the reported bugs above have been fixed (missing octocores, ACDs, etc), so I hope we're stable enough to go mainstream now :) Changelog is as follows: 

i3iHwbk.jpg

New parts and edits:

• This update is themed around interfacing with Beale's Tantares revamp, focused around the Russian segment of 50's to 70's space exploration. Most parts now have colour variants that match Tantares and Restock, with some parts made to the same size profiles.
  • New Vostok 1.25 -> 1.5m service module, with integrated monopropellant spheres, and an optional toridial fuel tank. This includes a socketed top to interface with a 0.625m acd\decoupler, and his equivalent Vostok crew capsule. Four bay, early tech tree. Integrated quadcore. Includes optional radiator module (cosmetic).
  • New Soyuz 1.25 -> 1.5m service module, adjustable to 1 - 4 high. Heights 2,3,4 have solar panels integrated into the doors. This also features the toroidal fuel tank, with fuel options. Four bay. Olive, white, grey, black themes.
  • New 1.25 -> 1.875m mini gemini service module, designed with an inset socket to house an 1.25m ACD\decoupler and the Restock MK1 capsule. Five bay. Two colour variants, two interior variants.
  • New variants to most of the ACDs to match their corresponding shroud. Olive, tan, silver, black, grey, etc.
  • New 1.5m cylindrical shroud, made to emulate the Vostok transfer stage\SM. Adjustable. Five bay, with toroidal tankage. Olive, tan, silver, grey. Solar panels in the main bay doors.
  • New rounded domes on the 0.625 adaptor shrouds, designed to appear when the bottom node is used.
  • New Olive, white, grey, black skins on most existing shrouds. 0.625 adaptor shroud, 1.25m cylindrical, 2.5m cylindrical, 2.5m ACD. The 2.5m Olive and Tan variants are based off the Mir space station core body, and the Zvesta (ISS) core body. Both have modelled radiators.
  • New solar panels built into large bay doors on most shrouds.
  • New single high advanced probe core
  • New single high combo food and water bag, for early pioneering flights. Two variants.
  • New Breaking Ground equipment storage wedge.

Known Bugs:

• 1.5m Cylindrical Shroud cannot use bulkhead alongside torodial switching, config locked to one or the other.
Edited by Daishi

Glad to see a release!  US2 is one of my favorite mods so I'm glad to see its 1.9 update out of beta.

I created Bitbucket issues for several bugs that are still present in the release.  They're things I'd reported earlier in the forum thread, but probably "fell off the radar", so to speak, as the thread moved on.  (I should've put them into Bitbucket earlier, but it gave me errors last time I tried to do that.  It worked this time, though.)

3 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Glad to see a release!  US2 is one of my favorite mods so I'm glad to see its 1.9 update out of beta.

I created Bitbucket issues for several bugs that are still present in the release.  They're things I'd reported earlier in the forum thread, but probably "fell off the radar", so to speak, as the thread moved on.  (I should've put them into Bitbucket earlier, but it gave me errors last time I tried to do that.  It worked this time, though.)

Urk, i'll have a look. Been a bit hectic :)

Version 1.9.1.2 is now live on Spacedock -> https://spacedock.info/mod/1933/Universal Storage II

Bugfixes

• Added Kerbal Attachment support to both probe cores
  • Added Snacks support to EVA-X
  • Added Snacks Soil recycler (uses Water Purifier model)
  • Added wider mod support to the Combination lifesupport bag; added Hydrogen and Oxygen for stock US2 (fuel cell support)
  • Increased 1.5m Cylindrical shroud torodial tank capacity to a reasonable amount
  • Liquid waste tank meshswitching no longer breaks capacities
  • Solid waste tank meshswitching no longer breaks capacities
  • Radial tank no longer broken when Snacks is installed
  • Solid waste wedge now supports Snacks as a Soil canister
  • Community Resource Pack is included in the mod again
  • Module manager included in the mod again, updated to 4.1.3
  • Waste tanks no longer default to filled, and are empty on attachment.

Big thanks to Wyzard, Jognt,  Zorg, and other keen-eyed bugfixers! :) 

On 6/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, Daishi said:

Version 1.9.1.2 is now live on Spacedock

Nice!  I diffed the old & new files, and saw that you found and fixed a bunch of stuff beyond the places I'd reported — additional parts with commas instead of semicolons in the switcher, something else that was mistakenly patching the radial tank, more parts that were missing from ModuleKISPartMount, that sort of thing.  Thanks for the thorough bugfix pass.

On a separate note — are there any plans to add a 1.875m cylindrical fairing in a future update?  It looks like the only thing that's currently compatible with the the 1.875m 6-bay core is the 1.875-to-2.5 tapered fairing, and that only fits the core's quad-height variant.  (Or maybe I'm overlooking something?)  I know the whole 1.875m diameter is still sort of a second-class citizen in KSP, so it's not really a big deal, but I figured I'd ask.

(The reason I went looking for a 1.875m fairing is that I have a satellite design with a bunch of DMagic experiments on a 3-height 1.25m core, and I wanted to widen it to 1.875m to match the CYL satellite parts from Near Future Exploration, and shorten it to 2-height in the process.  That quad-height 1.875-to-2.5 fairing seems too bulky for the satellite, since it's twice as tall as needed.  Also, the petal doors get in the way of the DMagic RPWS wedge's long antenna arms — though there are a few places where it fits without clipping.)

On 6/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, Wyzard said:

Nice!  I diffed the old & new files, and saw that you found and fixed a bunch of stuff beyond the places I'd reported — additional parts with commas instead of semicolons in the switcher, something else that was mistakenly patching the radial tank, more parts that were missing from ModuleKISPartMount, that sort of thing.  Thanks for the thorough bugfix pass.

On a separate note — are there any plans to add a 1.875m cylindrical fairing in a future update?  It looks like the only thing that's currently compatible with the the 1.875m 6-bay core is the 1.875-to-2.5 tapered fairing, and that only fits the core's quad-height variant.  (Or maybe I'm overlooking something?)  I know the whole 1.875m diameter is still sort of a second-class citizen in KSP, so it's not really a big deal, but I figured I'd ask.

(The reason I went looking for a 1.875m fairing is that I have a satellite design with a bunch of DMagic experiments on a 3-height 1.25m core, and I wanted to widen it to 1.875m to match the CYL satellite parts from Near Future Exploration, and shorten it to 2-height in the process.  That quad-height 1.875-to-2.5 fairing seems too bulky for the satellite, since it's twice as tall as needed.  Also, the petal doors get in the way of the DMagic RPWS wedge's long antenna arms — though there are a few places where it fits without clipping.)

It's on its way lol, everyone asks about that piece :P Just omitted it from this release because it was taking so much time and I was keen on getting something out. It'll be in the next update, don't worry! 

On 7/5/2020 at 5:51 PM, Gyger said:

The battery wedges are not being added to the EC total for the craft.

I had that problem in 1.9.1. In the VAB, everything looks fine, but on the launch pad and after launch there's no EC.

On 7/6/2020 at 2:51 AM, Gyger said:

The battery wedges are not being added to the EC total for the craft.

7 hours ago, majNUN said:

I had that problem in 1.9.1. In the VAB, everything looks fine, but on the launch pad and after launch there's no EC.

A stock install, or with other mods? Might need to have a look at your log files if that's ok :| 

2 hours ago, Gyger said:

With some other mods.

If you're having trouble posting a link to your log file, read the topic linked in my sig block.  I know Daishi said "..might need to..." but it's generally a good idea to provide it anyway, just on spec.  There's plenty of good troubleshooting potential when you post a log.

12 hours ago, Brigadier said:

If you're having trouble posting a link to your log file, read the topic linked in my sig block.  I know Daishi said "..might need to..." but it's generally a good idea to provide it anyway, just on spec.  There's plenty of good troubleshooting potential when you post a log.

@Gyger @majNUNYes I might need the full set of logs, this is very strange :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.