Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

1 hour ago, jkadarn said:

Well... It seems I got confused.

I just sent a craft with the part to the mun, and it didn't work.
Setting the value of usageReqMaskInternal to 2 as you said got it to work.

Reveal hidden contents

lT7Y5Uf.png

I was referring to this line of the wiki for ExperimentUsageReqs, explaining my question:

Name Value Notes
CrewInVessel 2
  Experiment can only be used if vessel is crewed.

On 9/8/2022 at 2:30 AM, infinite_monkey said:

Yeah, I got the same error, it can't find GameData\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC-V2.dll.

That can happen on the first start after installing a mod that came with MiniAVC. ModuleManager first scans the list of loaded DLLs, then ZeroMiniAVC renames the file and MM can't find it afterwards.

Restart KSP, it should launch fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have discovered that if you build a ship with a universal storage module placed between an ISRU and the empty tank in the stack, the ISRU won't work (can't see the empty tank).  Interestingly it CAN access ore tanks on the other side of the US module.  Anybody noticed this and know of a way to fix it, other than just putting the US core somewhere else?

14 hours ago, Cruzo said:

I seem to have discovered that if you build a ship with a universal storage module placed between an ISRU and the empty tank in the stack, the ISRU won't work (can't see the empty tank).  Interestingly it CAN access ore tanks on the other side of the US module.  Anybody noticed this and know of a way to fix it, other than just putting the US core somewhere else?

Had the issue where the USModule would block the fuel flow from a tank on its opposite side. Removing then reinstalling the part "solved" it but I was not really confident it would last.. Solution for me was to swap their positions.

2 hours ago, Surefoot said:

Had the issue where the USModule would block the fuel flow from a tank on its opposite side. Removing then reinstalling the part "solved" it but I was not really confident it would last.. Solution for me was to swap their positions.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing.  I was hoping maybe there was a setting on the core or the fairing that I was missing  and not just what seems to be a bug.

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer Sorry for posting in Github, but I read an earlier post that said to do it.  

I'm reinstalling all my mods 1by1 and these entries pop up in KSP log when I installed Universal Storage II Finalized.

[LOG 12:50:28.296] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UniversalStorage2/Parts/Science/AdvancedMicroSatWedge/USAdvancedMicroSatWedge'
[ERR 12:50:28.299] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 12:50:28.308] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 12:50:28.314] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UniversalStorage2/Parts/Science/BasicMicroSatWedge/USBasicMicroSatWedge'
[ERR 12:50:28.317] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 12:50:28.321] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 12:50:28.324] PartLoader: Part 'UniversalStorage2/Parts/Science/BasicMicroSatWedge/USBasicMicroSatWedge' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:50:28.326] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UniversalStorage2/Parts/Science/CargoStorageWedge/USCargoStorageWedge'
[WRN 12:50:28.329] [Part]: Cannot add ModuleCargoPart as this Part 'USCargoStorageWedge' already has a ModuleInventoryPart PartModule and they are mutually exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone in this post figured out how to add part volume modules to the parts?
I would like to make the EVA Extender backpack into a stock prop that kerbals can wear like the parachute and jetpack using Benjee's Wearable Props plugin. The problem is that I cannot add a part volume to the part. Any thoughts?

PS: I don't know how to use this mod that automatically adds volume to all parts and it quite messes with my game as it's already heavily modded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New release, 4.0.0.8

• Thanks to github user @jvosk for this:
    • Simple typo fix; Brimary -> Primary
  • Fixed CargoSTorageWedge missing a field: packedVolumeLimit in the ModuleInventoryPart (needed for KSPPartVolume)
  • Fixed small memory leak by not removing a callback from a game event
  • Thanks to user @2Fat2Fly for this fix:
    • Fix attN = Null for NodeSwitchable parts

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Does US2 still need the patch for the 1.875m fairings to line up correctly?

This one....

Spoiler

@PART[USCylindricalShroud125ResizedTo1875-1]:LAST[UniversalStorage2]
{
    @MODEL
    {        
        @scale = 1.4625, 0.975, 1.4625
    }
}

@PART[USCylindricalShroud1500ResizedTo1875-2]:LAST[UniversalStorage2]
{
    @MODEL
    {        
        @scale = 1.21875, 0.975, 1.21875
    }
}

On 12/26/2022 at 12:39 PM, Squeaky said:

Does US2 still need the patch for the 1.875m fairings to line up correctly?

This one....

Hide contents

@PART[USCylindricalShroud125ResizedTo1875-1]:LAST[UniversalStorage2]
{
    @MODEL
    {        
        @scale = 1.4625, 0.975, 1.4625
    }
}

@PART[USCylindricalShroud1500ResizedTo1875-2]:LAST[UniversalStorage2]
{
    @MODEL
    {        
        @scale = 1.21875, 0.975, 1.21875
    }
}

yes

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 7:38 AM, Morphisor said:

Any idea what would be causing this logspam? It's continuous during flight, I tried with versions 4.0.0.8 and 4.0.0.7, both were the same. KSP 1.12.3, JNSQ.

aqKZggn.png

I'm getting a similar error: USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, CurrentSelection: 0

This completely breaks Delta-V calculation (every stage shows as 0m/s), although it shows up fine in VAB. Only happens if I use the Advanced Sub-Satellite, but I suppose there are other parts causing this issue too.

I'm running KSP 1.12.4, mod version is 4.0.0.8.

On 12/28/2022 at 2:38 AM, Morphisor said:

Any idea what would be causing this logspam? It's continuous during flight, I tried with versions 4.0.0.8 and 4.0.0.7, both were the same. KSP 1.12.3, JNSQ.

aqKZggn.png

Seeing the same logspam in VAB version 4.0.0.8 

Tried 4.0.0.6 and this logspam doesnt appear.

Edited by OldMold
tried different version

On 12/28/2022 at 3:59 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

yes

No it doesn't.....

Misread, sorry

Also, @linuxgurugamer

The other 1.875m fairing (4 doors) has it's height incorrectly scaled,

It's height doesn't match the wedge core for 3 of the 4 height settings

Edited by RB101

On 1/26/2023 at 10:19 PM, RB101 said:

Anyone else find the sub satellites useless?

They have tiny antenna ranges, or are they bugged for me? 

I think there's something not quite right with them.

I wanted to play with advanced one, and I have two problems: first is that its solar panel isn't generating any power, so it can't do much before battery is depleted, and second problem is with its engine. If engine is deactivated, I can control satellite (eg. use MechJeb to orient it, run and transmit experiments - though without solar power it can't actually be done), but when I actvate its engine, satellite becomes unresponsive - I can't control its attitude etc.,  I still can run experiments though, but can't transmit them (RemoteTech show "no control"). I can however control thrust if I set it to independent and engine will fire. 
I don't know if it doesn't play well eg. with TCA, or is something wrong with satellite itself.

Oh, and yeah, antenna seems useless. I added external solar panels and antenna and it kinda works, but there's still that problem with engine.

Edited by Krzysztof z Bagien

22 hours ago, Krzysztof z Bagien said:

I think there's something not quite right with them.

I wanted to play with advanced one, and I have two problems: first is that its solar panel isn't generating any power, so it can't do much before battery is depleted, and second problem is with its engine. If engine is deactivated, I can control satellite (eg. use MechJeb to orient it, run and transmit experiments - though without solar power it can't actually be done), but when I actvate its engine, satellite becomes unresponsive - I can't control its attitude etc.,  I still can run experiments though, but can't transmit them (RemoteTech show "no control"). I can however control thrust if I set it to independent and engine will fire. 
I don't know if it doesn't play well eg. with TCA, or is something wrong with satellite itself.

Oh, and yeah, antenna seems useless. I added external solar panels and antenna and it kinda works, but there's still that problem with engine.

Yeah, the solar panels don't work for me either. How did you add solars to it?

• 2 weeks later...