Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

Awesome, thanks Paul! :D

Edit: They don't seem to be visible (barring the Physical Science unit) in the tech tree on a science\career game. I checked over the .cfgs and I can't see what's causing it, could be autoloc? :\

Edited by Daishi

@Paul Kingtiger it was the capitalisation of the first letter in the TechRequired field! So 'BasicScience' becomes 'basicScience', etc. Then they show up :) 

Also, the fluid spectro wedge seems to have autoLOC fields for the USGooBayWedge, which is also stopping it from appearing in the tech tree. The syntax in the title is a little borked too, and the en localization file has the same thing. 

Edited by Daishi

25 minutes ago, Daishi said:

@Paul Kingtiger it was the capitalisation of the first letter in the TechRequired field! So 'BasicScience' becomes 'basicScience', etc. Then they show up :) 

Also, the fluid spectro wedge seems to have autoLOC fields for the USGooBayWedge, which is also stopping it from appearing in the tech tree. The syntax in the title is a little borked too, and the en localization file has the same thing. 

@Daishi That's some pretty impressive troubleshooting, as usual.

@Paul Kingtiger Based on Daishi's lead, here's a quick list of your parts and their TechRequired variables:

Chilkoot@Laptop-Strix:/Universal_Storage_II-1.6.0.10/GameData/UniversalStorage2/Parts/Science$ grep -ir required * | grep -v "?"

AccelGravWedge.cfg:                     TechRequired = advScienceTech
FluidSpectroWedge.cfg:                  TechRequired = scienceTech
GooBayWedge.cfg:                        TechRequired = BasicScience
MatBayWedge.cfg:                        TechRequired = SpaceExploration
ThermoBaroWedge.cfg:                    TechRequired = SpaceExploration

Looks like an old-fashioned camelCase mismatch on the tech tree requirements.  Happy to help digging down further if there's anything I can do, but it's pretty likely you guys are way better at this than me ;)

6 hours ago, Daishi said:

Fixed and downloads updated.

Hello I have Universal Storage II (Version 1.6.0.9) and while the mod works great, the in-game mod checker says this it's out of date. Which far as I know of, is untrue. While this isn't an error of the mod per say, something is off here. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Note: All my mods are loaded via CKAN, it's cache was deleted and US-II reinstalled.

Thanks in advance!

-Redacted

31 minutes ago, Redacted said:

Hello I have Universal Storage II (Version 1.6.0.9) and while the mod works great, the in-game mod checker says this it's out of date. Which far as I know of, is untrue. While this isn't an error of the mod per say, something is off here. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Note: All my mods are loaded via CKAN, it's cache was deleted and US-II reinstalled.

Thanks in advance!

-Redacted

That's all fixed, check a few posts back. :) It's a harmless error, but the fix means you'll have to install a beta version of the mod. You'll get the fancy science parts, but there's a risk you'll get bugs too.

New part added to the Beta release

Included now is the Universal Storage: Remote Operations System.  It's essentially the Probodobodyne HECS but in wedge format.

Download from: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvmqbLkW8UIH2PsfIYBmSwhNfYG-pw

Please leave bug reports here or on the git: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/universalstorage2
A big thankyou to the people who are logging issues using the link above, it really helps us track and resolve bugs.

Localization

There are a number of people who have offered to help with localization, which is awesome.
To make it easier to work and track changes I have created a new public repo for the localization on bitbucket, which can be accessed here: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/uvsii-localization/src/master/

If you want to help us maintain the current translations or create new ones please follow the link and check the issue tracker for what work it needed.

Pc6bXs8.png

4 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Included now is the Universal Storage: Remote Operations System.  It's essentially the Probodobodyne HECS but in wedge format.

Oh my that's a good-looking model.  Seeing that little screen I *had* to add a kOS module to the part config ;) It's like it was begging for it!

13 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Please leave bug reports here or on the git: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/universalstorage2
A big thankyou to the people who are logging issues using the link above, it really helps us track and resolve bugs.

Localization

There are a number of people who have offered to help with localization, which is awesome.
To make it easier to work and track changes I have created a new public repo for the localization on bitbucket, which can be accessed here: https://bitbucket.org/uvs2/uvsii-localization/src/master/

If you want to help us maintain the current translations or create new ones please follow the link and check the issue tracker for what work it needed.

Pc6bXs8.png

Would you like to translate into Brazilian Portuguese? Fortunately I'm Brazilian and I can help if you want, it's going to be good, because I'm a mod user. =)

Example: The text of screen:  "::128k RAM AVAILABLE::  KEROS V.301 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  PRESS ANY KEY WHAN READY "

Translate: :: 128k RAM DISPONÍVEL::  KEROS V.301 TODOS OS DIREITOS RESERVADOS  PRESSIONE QUALQUER TECLA QUANDO ESTIVER PRONTO:

Edited by Catatau_27

10 minutes ago, Catatau_27 said:

Would you like to translate into Brazilian Portuguese? Fortunately I'm Brazilian and I can help if you want, it's going to be good, because I'm a mod user. =)

Example: The text of screen:  "::128k RAM AVAILABLE::  KEROS V.301 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  PRESS ANY KEY WHAN READY "

Translate: :: 128k RAM DISPONÍVEL::  KEROS V.301 TODOS OS DIREITOS RESERVADOS  PRESSIONE QUALQUER TECLA QUANDO ESTIVER PRONTO:

Translating the screen's going to be unlikely - that's a texture, so it's a graphic file that doesn't get changed when you change the language setting in the game.

I'm sure though that they'll be glad to have your help with the part names and descriptions.

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Translating the screen's going to be unlikely - that's a texture, so it's a graphic file that doesn't get changed when you change the language setting in the game.

I'm sure though that they'll be glad to have your help with the part names and descriptions.

In fact, but I guarantee that if it were possible to translate everything referring to the piece we would have many happy Brazilian users. xD However, I only used the example.

Adding translations for the textures isn't really feasible (it's technically possible but very complicated). Squad can do it because they can selectively deliver files based on language selection.

For a mod that would require different mod download bundles for each language. And it would require users to manually select the right file to download.

Edited by DMagic

I just recently installed US2 (I had to get rid of all the US1 vessels and one of them took long) and it looks great. One question/request though: do you consider adding a CTT compatibility patch? With so many different parts and compatibility with various advanced mods, I guess it makes sense to spread US2 resources across the CTT tech tree. I might do it myself, but I'm not familiar enough with this mod yet.

6 hours ago, garwel said:

I just recently installed US2 (I had to get rid of all the US1 vessels and one of them took long) and it looks great. One question/request though: do you consider adding a CTT compatibility patch? With so many different parts and compatibility with various advanced mods, I guess it makes sense to spread US2 resources across the CTT tech tree. I might do it myself, but I'm not familiar enough with this mod yet.

By the looks of Nertea's tutorial it doesn't seem too hard to pop one together. But yeah, definitely get a feel for the balance of your game and this mod first before putting a patch out. I know Unkerballed Start  interprets US2 and spreads it around a tree that looks just as large, so grab some inspiration from that :) 

21 minutes ago, Redacted said:

@Paul Kingtiger

Would it be possible to add additional fuel types to the service bay cores? Argon would be especially nice to have here.

Thanks in advance!

Redacted

Changing the fuel without adding a new model is easy enough.  I assume this would be for Kerbalism?

Small beta update

New .dll for the 1.3.1 version, activating custom modules for the science parts (required as some of the parts have more than one experiment)

@Paul Kingtiger

The new wedge models are really nice yet when i compare their size / weight to the equipment its replacing... Granted its hard to compare the two for each serves a specific purpose. However I’m curious to know if the science earned is the same or increased due to the added mass / size? Or... is this a WIP element thats not been fully hashed over?

Anyways as for the service-bays, they make f’n awesome build structures for satellites and unmanned landers. Which is why i requested that Argon be added for use with Hall-Thrusters. Granted the Hall thruster is not as efficient as the Dawn electric thruster but the build cost makes them 100% worth using with one-shot science probes.

/Cheers

Redacted

Edited by Redacted

17 hours ago, garwel said:

CTT is a superset of the stock tech tree - do any of the parts in US2 need to be in a non-stock node?