Jump to content

Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Using the B2 build from 27 Mar, (without the patch suggested a few posts up yet), and in career mode I'm running into an issue where the 2.5m core isn't showing up. The three other core sizes (1.25, 1.5, 1.875) are all there, but not the 2.5. All the fairings (including 2.5) are there fine.

Thoughts? 

Okay, I added the patch up above, and that fixed this. Problem solved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's already there and I'm just not seeing it, but is there an Experiment Storage Unit wedge for this? If not, would it be possible to add? Always unsure where to place the stock one, and would be so nice if I could just place it as a wedge on a USII core. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, a version of the Capacitor from Near Future Electrical, would be awesome. Especially if it was expandable like the battery already in this mod is. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Svish said:

Maybe it's already there and I'm just not seeing it, but is there an Experiment Storage Unit wedge for this? If not, would it be possible to add? Always unsure where to place the stock one, and would be so nice if I could just place it as a wedge on a USII core. :)

Since MechJeb got added to every core by default, the US2 Guidance Computer became a bit redundant but it makes a terrific experiment storage unit.  Simple MM patch:

@PART[USGuidanceComputer]:NEEDS[UniversalStorage2]:FINAL
{
    {
        name = ModuleScienceContainer
        reviewActionName = Review Stored Data // #autoLOC_502201 //#autoLOC_502201 = Review Stored Data
        storeActionName = Store Experiments  //#autoLOC_502202 //#autoLOC_502202 = Store Experiments
        evaOnlyStorage = True
        storageRange = 1.3
        canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
        canTransferInVessel = True
        showStatus = True
    }
}

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Friznit said:

Since MechJeb got added to every core by default, the US2 Guidance Computer became a bit redundant but it makes a terrific experiment storage unit.  Simple MM patch:


@PART[USGuidanceComputer]:NEEDS[UniversalStorage2]:FINAL
{
    {
        name = ModuleScienceContainer
        reviewActionName = Review Stored Data // #autoLOC_502201 //#autoLOC_502201 = Review Stored Data
        storeActionName = Store Experiments  //#autoLOC_502202 //#autoLOC_502202 = Store Experiments
        evaOnlyStorage = True
        storageRange = 1.3
        canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
        canTransferInVessel = True
        showStatus = True
    }
}

 

Interesting. How do I add such a patch though? Never used MM myself before. :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Svish said:

Interesting. How do I add such a patch though? Never used MM myself before. :/

Copy patch into a text editor (like Notepad) and save it as a file with the extension .cfg into your GameData folder.  Make sure you're saving as plain text.  ;)

Best practice is to create your own sub-folder for patches like this, named something unique.  Then you can just copy them between KSP installs as you upgrade.

Oh, and thanks @Friznit - I'd been thinking of doing something similar, but never gotten around to it...  (Honestly, I find the probe core and guidance computer in this pack fairly underwhelming - by the time I've unlocked them, I've got cores that are both better and smaller.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Friznit said:

Since MechJeb got added to every core by default, the US2 Guidance Computer became a bit redundant but it makes a terrific experiment storage unit.  Simple MM patch:


@PART[USGuidanceComputer]:NEEDS[UniversalStorage2]:FINAL
{
    {
        name = ModuleScienceContainer
        reviewActionName = Review Stored Data // #autoLOC_502201 //#autoLOC_502201 = Review Stored Data
        storeActionName = Store Experiments  //#autoLOC_502202 //#autoLOC_502202 = Store Experiments
        evaOnlyStorage = True
        storageRange = 1.3
        canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
        canTransferInVessel = True
        showStatus = True
    }
}

 

This is awesome. Wanted this myself, but was too lazy to figure out the MM patch for one. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, not sure what's wrong, but I tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried all the US2 probe cores I've got, and the kOS Guidance Computer, none of them have a Store Experiments or Review action.

Oh, using the debug console I confirmed the kOS GuidanceComputer is the USGuidanceComputer part mentioned above in the patch.

Edit: I added MODULE at the beginning, and that added the collect all function from another mod, I believe, but not the buttons. I then just pasted this whole bit, plus MODULE into the US2 USGuidanceComputer part config file in the US2 mod, and now it works. Not sure why the mod didn't.

Edited by AmpCat
Link to post
Share on other sites

24zpv9w.jpg

Is anyone else having issues like this with the textures for some of the variants?

Nevermind, I did a reinstall of the mod and now the colours are showing up correctly.

Edited by PhantomC3PO
Found my solution
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Okay, not sure what's wrong, but I tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried all the US2 probe cores I've got, and the kOS Guidance Computer, none of them have a Store Experiments or Review action.

Oh, using the debug console I confirmed the kOS GuidanceComputer is the USGuidanceComputer part mentioned above in the patch.

Edit: I added MODULE at the beginning, and that added the collect all function from another mod, I believe, but not the buttons. I then just pasted this whole bit, plus MODULE into the US2 USGuidanceComputer part config file in the US2 mod, and now it works. Not sure why the mod didn't.

Hm, tried it now, and doesn't seem like patch works here either... :/ What exactly did you paste into where, @AmpCat?

 

@DStaal Any idea what might be wrong? I put it in a .cfg file in a folder called MyPatches in the GameData directory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Svish said:

Hm, tried it now, and doesn't seem like patch works here either... :/ What exactly did you paste into where, @AmpCat?

 

@DStaal Any idea what might be wrong? I put it in a .cfg file in a folder called MyPatches in the GameData directory.

I pasted this, right before the line that reads // Special. So starting at line 45, in the file UniversalStorage2\Parts\Electrical\GuidanceComputer.cfg

	MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleScienceContainer
        reviewActionName = Review Stored Data // #autoLOC_502201 //#autoLOC_502201 = Review Stored Data
        storeActionName = Store Experiments  //#autoLOC_502202 //#autoLOC_502202 = Store Experiments
        evaOnlyStorage = True
        storageRange = 1.3
        canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
        canTransferInVessel = True
        showStatus = True
    }

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using the latest hotfix version in 1.8.1 and just wanted to let you know that the fuel switching for the different lengths of soyuz shroud doesn't work. It doesn't increase the quantity above the amount for the single level ones. Also the 1.25m shroud with the toridial tanks doesn't add in the fuel of you switch variants (the model changes but no fuel)

 

If this is a 1.9.1 feature only I understand.

 

Just want to say thanks heaps for these parts, they make the game awesome

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, AmpCat said:

Using the B2 build from 27 Mar, (without the patch suggested a few posts up yet), and in career mode I'm running into an issue where the 2.5m core isn't showing up. The three other core sizes (1.25, 1.5, 1.875) are all there, but not the 2.5. All the fairings (including 2.5) are there fine.

Thoughts? 

Did you try it with the HOTFIX?? I have the hotfix and all items are showing

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 4:17 AM, JohnTomato said:

I'm getting "Cannot run experiment; science module full" after using the advanced materials bay on Universal Storage for the first time in a mission (I was trying to reset it). Not using [x] Science, but ScienceAlert. Any thoughts?

The science experiments in US2 seems to be a bit bugged or something, I have the same issue with [x] Science, so I trigger the materials and goo experiments manually or via scientist now :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

i am having an issue where EVA movement controls don't work at all,  but stuff like grab, board, RCS works. and if they are landed they act as plastic dolls, i am writing this here because when i asked my freind to check the logs he said the problem was with US2,
 

Quote

here's the convo
Zm92CVx.png

here's the log:
https://gofile.io/?c=kwZSFC

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, PhantomC3PO said:

Is anyone else having issues like this with the textures for some of the variants?

Nevermind, I did a reinstall of the mod and now the colours are showing up correctly.

Very strange, never seen that happen before. Good to hear a reinstall fixed it :)

On 4/12/2020 at 5:28 PM, PhantomC3PO said:

I'm using the latest hotfix version in 1.8.1 and just wanted to let you know that the fuel switching for the different lengths of soyuz shroud doesn't work. It doesn't increase the quantity above the amount for the single level ones. Also the 1.25m shroud with the toridial tanks doesn't add in the fuel of you switch variants (the model changes but no fuel)

 

If this is a 1.9.1 feature only I understand.

 

Just want to say thanks heaps for these parts, they make the game awesome

Thanks for the love! :D Yeah those soyuz shrouds only have a single toroidal tank at the bottom so it's not really intended to have more capacity the higher the part is toggled. When you mention the 1.25m shroud in the third sentence, are you referring to the standalone Vostok one with the monoprop? There is an issue with the mod not 'adding' the quantities together from the spherical tanks and the toroidal when you partswitch. The fuel switching is a bit fiddly with these so we're trying to work out the kinks :)

15 hours ago, Svish said:

The science experiments in US2 seems to be a bit bugged or something, I have the same issue with [x] Science, so I trigger the materials and goo experiments manually or via scientist now :/

Yeah they need special coding to work with those mods, been an issue for a while sorry. Do you run Kerbalism? They need some kind of workaround, talked to the devs so i hope they've got something up their sleeve. 

8 hours ago, moguy16 said:

i am having an issue where EVA movement controls don't work at all,  but stuff like grab, board, RCS works. and if they are landed they act as plastic dolls, i am writing this here because when i asked my freind to check the logs he said the problem was with US2,

here's the log:
https://gofile.io/?c=kwZSFC

Hm, that's a huge log. There are a ton of errors (missing fuel tank parts from Kerbalism, missing resource definitions, Omega's Stockalike Structures are missing assets) but the thing that's really spamming it is that events check in the US2 advanced science module. I'll ask Dmagic, see if he has any idea :)

On 4/10/2020 at 5:45 AM, Svish said:

Maybe it's already there and I'm just not seeing it, but is there an Experiment Storage Unit wedge for this? If not, would it be possible to add? Always unsure where to place the stock one, and would be so nice if I could just place it as a wedge on a USII core. :)

On the way! 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daishi said:

Hm, that's a huge log. There are a ton of errors (missing fuel tank parts from Kerbalism, missing resource definitions, Omega's Stockalike Structures are missing assets) but the thing that's really spamming it is that events check in the US2 advanced science module. I'll ask Dmagic, see if he has any idea :)

thanks a lot, but please hurry because this bug is ruining my game, and for now the only option i have is to delete this mod but i really like it

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, moguy16 said:

thanks a lot, but please hurry because this bug is ruining my game, and for now the only option i have is to delete this mod but i really like it

Had a deeper look. There are a lot of errors with Luna Multiplayer applying Harmony patches to a lot of different part modules at startup, including the KerbalEVA and USAdvancedScience modules. We assume that it's to help sync persistent data (fuel capacities, whether science experiments have run, etc) from your computer to the server and back again, but we don't play multiplayer and don't really know what it's doing or how it works. 

If you were to uninstall our mod i'm not sure it would fix the problem - it would potentially make things worse if your server requires US2 for the multiplayer system to function. KerbalEVA and USAdvancedScience have nothing to do with each other so we don't know what to suggest, outside contacting the Luna Multiplayer devs and enquiring about how they're interacting with those modules and what might be going wrong. 
 

Even going by their "supported mods" page, I'm not even sure they're supporting anything outside Kerbal Engineer and Mechjeb. It's a fair bit out of date though. 
 https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/wiki/Supported-mods

 

6 hours ago, Fasekel said:

Hello guys,

despite the hotfix I have the problem that the 1.875m fairings are not shown in the game :(.
Maybe there is a workaround?

1.875 cylindrical shrouds? They don't actually exist yet, that's not a bug :) They're coming in the next big update. 

Edited by Daishi
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Daishi said:


If you were to uninstall our mod i'm not sure it would fix the problem - it would potentially make things worse if your server requires US2 for the multiplayer system to function. KerbalEVA and USAdvancedScience have nothing to do with each other so we don't know what to suggest, outside contacting the Luna Multiplayer devs and enquiring about how they're interacting with those modules and what might be going wrong. 
 

so deleting LMP will help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, Daishi said:

 

Thanks for the love! :D Yeah those soyuz shrouds only have a single toroidal tank at the bottom so it's not really intended to have more capacity the higher the part is toggled.

 

That makes sense, the only reason I thought it scaled with the size is that in the config (line 222-225) it has;

                resourceNames = Structural;Structural;Structural;Structural|LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer|MonoPropellant;MonoPropellant;MonoPropellant;MonoPropellant
                
                resourceAmounts = 0;0;0;0|40,48;80,96;120,144;160,192|40,80,120,160
                initialResourceAmounts = 0;0;0;0|40,48;80,96;120,144;160,192|40,80,120,160
 

Which makes it look like a size 4 option should have LF/OX of 160/192.

 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, Daishi said:

When you mention the 1.25m shroud in the third sentence, are you referring to the standalone Vostok one with the monoprop?

 

AJtjylC.jpg

This is the one I was meaning, when you select the Liquid fuel option it adds the toridial tank and Kerbal Engineer shows that it's trying to add fuel and Ox, but nothing is added.

 

If there's anything else I can test/check to help please let me know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe people have asked about this (I can't seem to search properly for this "string" on the US2 thread) but can someone shed light on the significance of the Morse code included in the CFG files for US2? I can't be the only person who noticed this??

Spoiler

    // .- -- .- --.. .. -. --.     --. ..- -.-- ...

 

Edited by scottadges
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Maybe people have asked about this (I can't seem to search properly for this "string" on the US2 thread) but can someone shed light on the significance of the Morse code included in the CFG files for US2? I can't be the only person who noticed this??

  Hide contents

    // .- -- .- --.. .. -. --.     --. ..- -.-- ...

 

Try http://www.csgnetwork.com/morsecodedeconv.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...