Rovers (and bugs?)

This is the first time I'm using this forum, so forgive me if I this was discussed already! I did give it a search and nothing came up!

So, for the first time since I upgraded to 1.4.5, I built a rover. And for some apparent reason, whenever I launch it it accelerates to full speed, without any input given.

I tried to check all the settings for the wheels (I tried using both the normal RoverMax and the XL3 versions), and I can't find anything wrong there.
I also uninstalled the game, reinstalled the x64 version instead of the x86 version I was using; but it's still happening.

Oh; and it's definitely not the "it's just rolling on the runway because of it being a flat model"-thing: I put it on the grass outside of the Space Center, and it got all the way to 42m/s!...
It DOES use electricity, and it IS being affected by me pressing "Reverse Motor" (unsurprisingly it just goes backwards instead).

As you can tell I'm assuming it is a bug, but I'm completely open for it being me just missing something obvious here.

Any help is appreciated!!

24 minutes ago, SwedenTH said:

the throttle gauge doesn't move so it shouldn't be the case

Well, the throttle gauge is not affected by pressing 'W' or an equivalent key/stick on a gamepad/joystick.

What happens if you try to launch a rocket or a plane, do they pitch down without any inputs as well or does it just happen on a rover?

24 minutes ago, SwedenTH said:

No they don't pitch down, that's what I ment by "I don't have the issue with anything else, on the computer or in the game" :)

Ok, just wanted to be sure ;)

Since we are talking about gauges...anything visible in the pitch gauge?

I just tried it on my own and everything works perfectly fine, so usually, I would suggest to reinstall the game but you already did that...when you reinstalled the game, did you check for remaining files?

@kleshIf there is no electricity, they do stop, yes.

@4x4cheesecake There's nothing in the pitch gauge, no (or in any of the other ones, for that matter).
Hmm, i did copy over the setting file (so I wouldn't have to re-map my flight-stick), so that is a good point.
I'll check on that!!

Edited by SwedenTH

DING DING DING, it is now resolved!!

@4x4cheesecake You were right; it was the settings file I copied over!
It'll have to assume there was a mistake with the mapping on the Flight-Stick, but I couldn't tell you exactly what...

I kinda feel like an idiot for not realizing that, but hey it is fixed now :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.