Can't use my keyboard ingame.

Hello

I am new to Ksp and can't use my keyboard ingame Ingame except shift and Alt+F4 but my Mouse still works fine.

I have no Add-ons installed and reinstalled Ksp multiple times. I also tryed Restarting my Computer and Pressein Alt+F12 but that diden't fix annything.

Yesterday it worked fine but now it dosen't , to the point that i can't even open the Menu. But sometimes it works for a split second but then it stops again.

I have no Idea why this dosen't work .

The bug is in every Mode and in the Main Menu but I can type in Inputboxes (like the naming of my craft) .

I use a German copy of the game and the "qwertz" layout is recognized .

Pls help me I have no idea what I need to do ...

Welcome to the forum :)

That's an unusual issue...

1 hour ago, RedstoneMedia said:

I have no Idea why this dosen't work . 

Me neither, but we can try some stuff :D

First of all, some more informations would be nice:

• KSP version (also: standalone or steam/gog)
  • OS
  • In this case: Keyboard model

You say, the layout is correct recognized, so I guess your settings window looks like this (except for the text language of the menu)?

Spoiler

ZE8wINm.png?1

When you reinstalled the game, did you check for remaining files before installing the game again? Some settings and savegame files are not deleted when using the uninstall option of steam/windows.
Just for fun, you can delete/rename the 'settings.cfg' file in your KSP install directory so a new default file will be created as soon as you restart the game.

Did you install some other software or an update recently?

Ok I am on Windows 64 bit and my version is 1.4.5. the keylayout that you send is right. And I deleted the settings file multiple times ( diden't fix it ) . I will try to delete ksp like you said next morning ...

Edited by RedstoneMedia
Errors

This is the Log (Not the full version):

[Giant browser-destroying log file snipped by moderator]

By the way I now Installed a new mod called "Kprc" to controll my craft at least a littel bit for the time that the keyboard controlls don't work . It works fine and I can controll ksp with that (at least to some point) .

Edited by Snark
Giant browser-destroying log file snipped by moderator

First, please dont post logs in the forum, it really causes problems.  Put them on a file sharing site, or Dropbos and post a link.

second, do you have any programs insralled outside of KSP which might be some sort of keyboard manager which might be interfering?

16 minutes ago, RedstoneMedia said:

Folders and files in GameData:
client
GameData
schema
Stock folder: Squad

COPYING
COPYING.LESSER
kRPC.pdf
LICENSE
LICENSE.Google.Protobuf
LICENSE.KRPC.IO.Ports
LICENSE.KRPC.SpaceCenter
README.txt
VERSION.txt

Is KRPC running? The mod is not installed properly...anyway, that's a different topic ;)

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

do you have any programs insralled outside of KSP which might be some sort of keyboard manager which might be interfering?

That's my best guess as well and the reason why I've asked for the keyboard you are using. I.e. my Roccat RYOS keyboard comes with a software which allows to create different profiles with different key settings and I can rebind every single key. If your keyboard is capable to do something similar, it is possible that you accidentally changed the running profile and the keybindings changed.

First of Kprc is running well. and I use a realy crapy China Keyboard with no extra software with it. its and Fujitsu Model : "KB400-.-B1" . And it also worked in ksp but after a day it diden't and I think I diden't change annything .

Ok I think i found somethin I can't belive I found this earlyer I found this "logger.exe" in my Process explorer : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1deL7ShqUXXvZeppMbn3RDhb5mMmCn2rZ .

I think this is a key logger I killed It and now Ksp works fine ...

ok the Keylogger is in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Default_group and there is a file called log.txt and logger.exe !

Thanks for helping me out now I have to change my passwords . good that i have 2 wai auth .

Edited by RedstoneMedia

3 hours ago, RedstoneMedia said:

This is the Log (Not the full version):

Hi @RedstoneMedia,

We're sorry, but we've had to snip the log file out of your post.  Pasting gargantuan text files into the forum causes all kinds of problems (it messes with people's browsers, and folks on mobile devices may lock up entirely).

Providing log files is helpful and often necessary.   :)  Instead of putting the content into the forum itself, though, please upload your log file to some third-party site and then just link to it here.  That way, your log is available to people who need it, without causing issues with people's browsers.

Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.