[1.12.5] CRE - Stockalike British Rocketry [2.2][02/03/2021]

Beale

Commonwealth Rockets / CRE

CRE is a small parts mod which adds several parts inspired by the British Black Arrow rocket, which flew from 1969 to 1971. The mod also includes parts to make the Black Knight sounding rocket, the ORBA satellite and various solid rockets from the tiny Waxwing to the slightly less tiny Rook. Parts included in the mod are balanced against those in the stock game and should provide a generous and enjoyable experience. For a more realistic profile, playing with a 2 - 3x system rescale is recommended.

Further expansion has also brought the Blue Streak and a few might-have-beens from the British side of the European space program, such as the RZ.20 rocket engine.

CRE is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

GMNm146.pngmC79GnI.png8dOY9U6.png
ZHbmqB0.png2MvXmcW.pnguf7NqqL.png
atMX8jO.png

Download Link (GitHub)

CRE has no dependencies!

But, if you have CRP installed, its own LH2 resource will be swapped for the community hydrogen resource, allowing you to mix and match with other mod's rocket engines and fuel tanks which use hydrogen.

But wait, there's more!

Commonwealth Rockets is best paired with Commonwealth Aeronautics, a related mod by the lovely @Well.
This expands the British hangar to include high-altitude aeroplanes and spaceplanes, including the legendary BLUE STEEL.

WK6S19f.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

Noice!! please don't forget about Europa ETS parts

I'd love to come back to this some day when I can, the Blue Streak parts might need some work but nothing too horrible I think. Finding time to work on them now is difficult.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'd love to come back to this some day when I can, the Blue Streak parts might need some work but nothing too horrible I think. Finding time to work on them now is difficult.

No worries! just saying. Thanks to @Beale and to you for this outstanding work

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

New plan, we end all development here and recreate the British Space Program IRL.

And now this glorious little mod has been added to the ranks of Kottabos reviews:

ETA: I can confirm the bug mentioned in the video - neither of the drone cores use their proper parts names from the localisation file. On examination of the localisation file I discovered a typo had been copy/pasted across all the related data: they all contain the phrase XXX_ProceCore_XXX instead of XXX_ProbeCore_XXX; correcting this leads to most of the expected text being properly located, but the probes both continue to reference non-existent manufacturers and I can't deduce if they're supposed to be either of the included ones or entirely different ones. There's also a non-critical typo in the description of the conic probe, "fairingss".

Edited by JH4C
extra stuffs

On 8/14/2018 at 8:59 PM, JH4C said:

ETA: I can confirm the bug mentioned in the video - neither of the drone cores use their proper parts names from the localisation file. On examination of the localisation file I discovered a typo had been copy/pasted across all the related data: they all contain the phrase XXX_ProceCore_XXX instead of XXX_ProbeCore_XXX; correcting this leads to most of the expected text being properly located, but the probes both continue to reference non-existent manufacturers and I can't deduce if they're supposed to be either of the included ones or entirely different ones. There's also a non-critical typo in the description of the conic probe, "fairingss".

@Kottabos I think it is a real shame you did not mention the IRL British space program and the Black Arrow in the review (unless I missed it), the reason for the mod is to bring awareness to that :) I think your reviews could be good with a little less focus on the stats of every single part (Even if it has helped find a bug in this case :D) and more general gameplay / high level overview, just my feelings.

Regarding FX, this is entirely intentional for the liquid engines - I felt that was a little unfair. SRBs definitely need work though.

(Seriously no conflict intended, there are just a few things I would like to counter here ahaha...)

@JH4C Many thanks, (and even greater thanks for doing the legwork in the configs! I will put a little subtle thanks for you in the parts), fixed for next release :) 

On 8/14/2018 at 7:54 PM, boohey12 said:

This is awesome bring British I always wanted a mod that added our rockets from the past. Can you add rockets of the future we have on paper like skylon and maybe the Daedalus? Cheers

Many thanks.

No plans for Skylon or Daedalus, but HOTOL has been discussed and prototyped.

5Uuf29U.png
Tu90zp3.png
tH7EbRX.jpg

Edited by Beale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2018 at 3:25 AM, A E S T H E T I C said:

Hi. I was trying to build the Balck Forest rocket by using your picture and am having a little bit of trouble. in between the first and second fuel tank, there seems to be a shroud but it doesn't show which engine was used. could you tell me which one it was?

I'm having the same problem, I can't discern what the second-stage engine is from the picture.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:25 AM, A E S T H E T I C said:

Hi. I was trying to build the Balck Forest rocket by using your picture and am having a little bit of trouble. in between the first and second fuel tank, there seems to be a shroud but it doesn't show which engine was used. could you tell me which one it was?

It's the stock aerospike. :) 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.