[1.12.5] CRE - Stockalike British Rocketry [2.2][02/03/2021]

Beale

Do you plan to just clean up the historical parts, or are you thinking about making the early ETS Europa parts as well? You'd probably only need a couple extra, since most of the second/third stage parts are handled by Knes. The 1.875m Tank and angled mount for the RZ.2s would probably be  enough.

Edited by Machinique

2 hours ago, Machinique said:

Do you plan to just clean up the historical parts, or are you thinking about making the early ETS Europa parts as well? You'd probably only need a couple extra, since most of the second/third stage parts are handled by Knes. The 1.875m Tank and angled mount for the RZ.2s would probably be  enough.

Quite a difficult question to answer right now - I think first I will replicate the existing CRE catalogue, and then go forward.

Big things on my wishlist beyond what is already in CRE:

• RZ.20 engine
  • Blue streak parts
  • Europa follow on parts
  • maybe an early crewed capsule inspired by Vostok or Mercury

ETS stuff? Not sure, I want to stick to the real Europa and follow on ideas.

For the base Europam @Well's KNES does a great job, this can just provid the lower stage, and maybe the Astris if that's needed.

XIEgOxq.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 2/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, Virtualgenius said:

@Foxxonius Augustus that was fine no issues here, I picked the hypergolic as it was the closest i got get to almost clear the next closest one was alcolox still trying to master the real plume configs the black arrow ran a really high concentration of htp to kerosene. I might try alcolox see what it looks like

I'm going to be a adding a couple of new plumes, brand new Alcolox and Hydyne plumes in the next update which is coming soon. The alcolox one pictured below I think will be suitable. It also might be better for you to do the pull request once its out to RealPlume-Stock so the plume can be adjusted and maintained on that side. Thats the arrangement @Beale and I came to with Tantares as well.

oTwK0Lt.jpg

Edited by Zorg

@Zorglooking at the footage of the plume its opaque with a hint of orange they ran like 8:1 mix HTP to Kerosene if i get the plume right and peeps are happy is it ok to get it added to the pack or add it to the cre pack

Edited by Virtualgenius

59 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

@Zorglooking at the footage of the plume its opaque with a hint of orange they ran like 8:1 mix HTP to Kerosene if i get the plume right and peeps are happy is it ok to get it added to the pack or add it to the cre pack

Yup you can make a pull request to RealPlume-stock :) 

GitHub
https://github.com/Tantares/CRE
The rework, 50 years on you can fly your very own R0. The Waxwing is not available yet, but you have a bunch of parts.
Type "Black Arrow" or "Blue Streak" in the VAB to get some parts.

Parts are liable to change, so be careful to not get too attached to any.

VMZj6Wb.jpg
PGdEIft.jpg

Edited by Beale

Strarting to get places.

The Blue Steel will be the only crewed vehicle of this mod. It's a small spaceplane, and I'm planning a little flexibility between three configurations:

• Cargo
  • Passenger
  • Space Station

There's a little overlap on all of them to give you the necessary minimum things you need.

yTecpBZ.jpg
Tn35j9z.jpg
Lik9wf3.jpg
0O35Oww.jpg

9 hours ago, Beale said:

0O35Oww.jpg

I love it so much

giphy.gif

In fact that look like a Baby Skylon, but with a really specific shape! so fun!

Did you plan to use stock part? or to make a new model for every part? (Inline Dock?)

Did you have tested Aero rentry with that thing ? 

1 hour ago, Well said:

I love it so much

giphy.gif

In fact that look like a Baby Skylon, but with a really specific shape! so fun!

Did you plan to use stock part? or to make a new model for every part? (Inline Dock?)

Did you have tested Aero rentry with that thing ? 

To answer the questions:

1. Plan is custom parts for everything, body, fins, dock, engine.
  2. Aero entry is... not good. But working on it :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.