[1.12.5] CRE - Stockalike British Rocketry [2.2][02/03/2021]

Beale

@Beale

On 8/7/2018 at 1:43 PM, Beale said:

BAe Multi-Role Capsule
From @steedcrugeon an incredibly neat spacecraft concept from the late 1980s.

5WB3uUh.png

I am sorry, I do not know the current state of development of all the different parts of this mod, but Knes by @Well just recently released the newest version which includes this capsule. Is development going to continue or are you going to try to incorporate the Knes version, or something else?

3 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

@Beale

I am sorry, I do not know the current state of development of all the different parts of this mod, but Knes by @Well just recently released the newest version which includes this capsule. Is development going to continue or are you going to try to incorporate the Knes version, or something else?

The KNES version is the most complete version of this you will find :)
This mod will not include the MRK, but the Blue Steel spaceplane, and maybe something else for crew. (MRK is more late 80s timeframe / early 90s).

Sorry let me review the first page, it is out of date.

Vpudm17.png?width=1440&height=513

Edited by Beale

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/CRE

After a (I must stress this) lot of troubleshooting the Blue Steel wheels are functioning basically as well as the stock landing gears.

Unfortunately they still have a persistent bug that makes them "bounce" on launching, so you should leave the SPH retracted. (This happens with stock wheels sometimes, so is there a fix? Anybody have an idea?).
For this reason, it might be that they are scrapped and we go with skids + drogue chute somehow. Really unfortunate but I am scraping for ideas.

Once we can get over this hurdle more fun rockety things will continue.

mvhbjS7.jpg

Mesh variants? For fuel tanks? You fool, you utter fool.
Note: Black Knight never flew like this, I think, only prototypes had the stringers, but it was a fun idea, and little extra texture space, so why not?

n02oOPt.jpg
GkPXwal.jpg

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Also, is tech tree integration coming soon? Because at the moment I'm pretty sure everything is unlocked from the start

Of course yep, usually one of the things I leave until last, unless anybody wants to dive in and make a pull request, etc. :)

Blue Streak reworked, double the density of stringers, the tanks with stringers can now be stacked.

hJmLbuV.jpg

14 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I much prefer how the new tanks look, but would it be possible to preserve the old-style chequered roll lines, or perhaps have them as a B9PS variant?

Unfortunately not possible, the way things are UV'd it would not quite work:

Of course, all the source assets are free to use / modify so anyone is welcome to try it

r5C2hSG.jpgqRChs7h.jpg
4tgXf4O.jpglrJi2rT.jpg

Edited by Beale

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.