[1.12.5] CRE - Stockalike British Rocketry [2.2][02/03/2021]

Beale

• 5 months later...
49 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@BealeAre there any news or is this mod dead?

I wouldn't say dead, but just "complete". At least in its basic form. I am happy where it is for now.
What were you looking forward to if I'm curious?

The planned stuff with @steedcrugeon and @CobaltWolf is on deep-freeze though :)

Edited by Beale

14 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@BealeAre there any news or is this mod dead?

14 hours ago, Beale said:

I wouldn't say dead, but just "complete". At least in its basic form. I am happy where it is for now.
What were you looking forward to if I'm curious?

The planned stuff with @steedcrugeon and @CobaltWolf is on deep-freeze though :)

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Especially I ask for the expansion of Europa-Launcher.

I had big plans for improving the Blue Streak / Europa and making a bunch of new variants related to them, especially alt-history stuff. Blue Streak and it's derivatives (real or not) is one of my favorite rockets, it basically combines the best parts of Titan (strong enough structure for boosters) and Atlas (partial balloon tank for efficiency, kerolox instead of hypergols) into one LV core. Unfortunately, I just don't have time to devote to fleshing it out with how long my to-do list for BDB is (I have literally years of content planned for that mod and I have consistently felt behind schedule on it since I started working on it). I'd like to come back to it some time, but for now the Blue Streak and Europa parts are on indefinite hiatus.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I really would like to learn how you guys do this 

I use Wings3D and Photoshop for production, with Blender for some advanced things. Wings3D is free, Photoshop isn't, but there are many free tools:

• Blender (3D modelling)
  • Krita (Texturing)
  • Gimp (Texturing)

If you are a university student you can probably get your hands on these for free or cheap:

• Maya
  • 3DS Max
  • Photoshop

On the general art side, you must just practice, and practice often - you can become really good quickly (I am not that amazing honestly, and stick to things I know :wink:).

I have a basic KSP modding tutorial here, but it is pretty old:

Edited by Beale

6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I created a real plume for the liquid stages and resized a KW Fairing from  simple adjustable fairings for looks what do you  think

~cool pic snip~

I think that might be too bright(opaque?). The plume on the Gamma 8 engine was very faint, to the point that in some recordings the plume is not visible at all. In others, all you can see is the mach diamonds.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

7 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I created a real plume for the liquid stages and resized a KW Fairing from  simple adjustable fairings for looks what do you  think

Vc6OPje.png

1 hour ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I think that might be too bright(opaque?). The plume on the Gamma 8 engine was very faint, to the point that in some recordings the plume is not visible at all. In others, all you can see is the mach diamonds.

Plumes are allways appreciated, but this is a fair point, the HTP flame was almost white.

1ucov-rWERpuO5v-MDIbpb6zpd2to_k6u0WrzXwa

CIGMGfZ.jpg

@Foxxonius Augustus that was fine no issues here, I picked the hypergolic as it was the closest i got get to almost clear the next closest one was alcolox still trying to master the real plume configs the black arrow ran a really high concentration of htp to kerosene. I might try alcolox see what it looks like

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.