[1.12.5] CRE - Stockalike British Rocketry [2.2][02/03/2021]

Beale

screenshot1434.png?width=1092&height=615
aVfD4eG.jpg

If you're... confused. Understandable. This craft is based on the Blue Steel, which was a nuclear hypersonic missile. A not amazing weapon that became obsolete quickly. There was some proposal to turn this into a manned rocket plane, a.k.a. British X-15. This takes it one step further and makes an orbital plane.

victor-ii-aeroplane-with-the-rocket-powe

Edited by Beale

10 hours ago, Beale said:

screenshot1434.png?width=1092&height=615

That for sure a great concept, a really interesting spacecraft to add in KSP, this wake up on me some good vintage retro-sci-fi vibes.

Many thanks for those parts. That already fun to play with it

@Beale That blue and gold scheme gives off some major "Vault Tech" vibes, or maybe Sweden... I guess... if you're into that sort of thing. ;) 

Is the Blue Steel intended for use with the Gamma 2, or is Stentor planned? It would probably have to be either a dual mode setup or multiple parts in order to work correctly, so I can understand if it's not in the works.

It's looking great regardless!

17 hours ago, Mudwig said:

@Beale That blue and gold scheme gives off some major "Vault Tech" vibes, or maybe Sweden... I guess... if you're into that sort of thing. ;) 

Is the Blue Steel intended for use with the Gamma 2, or is Stentor planned? It would probably have to be either a dual mode setup or multiple parts in order to work correctly, so I can understand if it's not in the works.

It's looking great regardless!

For sure, Stentor will be made.

GitHub

Black Blue Steel + balances.

https://github.com/Tantares/CRE

dsZG41l.jpg
0utUx3x.jpg
eqXh0iM.jpg

I’m loving the wings, will be using them on other stuff too for sure! I just noticed the medium and large winglets are set to have 100% control surface area, was that needed to be able to fly them properly? 

10 hours ago, Rodger said:

I’m loving the wings, will be using them on other stuff too for sure! I just noticed the medium and large winglets are set to have 100% control surface area, was that needed to be able to fly them properly? 

Seems to be an oversight, but that might be the case actually.

The forward fins have been set now to 100%, as the whole wings turn, and the 2nd and 3rd wings set to 25%. I will begin flight tests now.

Dear thanks also to @Well who has saved my bacon with many flight tests of this.

https://i.imgur.com/XgB9eyj.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.