The update broke my game: Kebral turn inactive when EVA

Im using XBOX One S, and the controller as well. My game is up to date.

Before the new update this problem never happened to me.

No matter were I am in space, every time I EVA any kebral, it will muve for a little bit after staying inmoval for ever. I could control his helmet ligh, but I can’t activate its jet pack, or muve him. Even if he is grabing the lader right infront of the pod door, I can’t press B to enter the pod; ether A to let go.

This problem is happening everywhere, including at Kerbin.

If I tell another kebral to EVA while the first one still stuck, the other one will leave its pod, but will stay immobile ass well.

The only temporary solution that i found was to delete the game and reinstall it. That way it let me finish the current mission, but the problem always come back after a couple of minutes.

I have tried to reload an old save data, create a new game, switch to the comand center and back, press all the buttons on the controller; all that don’t work. 

The only thing that work is to uninstall the game and installed back. After several minutes the problem always come back.

I need Help. 

Thanks

Sylar Uchiha

Edited by Sylar Uchiha
Grammar and polish.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:04 AM, Sylar Uchiha said:

Im using XBOX One S, and the controller as well. My game is up to date.

Before the new update this problem never happened to me.

No matter were I am in space, every time I EVA any kebral, it will muve for a little bit after staying inmoval for ever. I could control his helmet ligh, but I can’t activate its jet pack, or muve him. Even if he is grabing the lader right infront of the pod door, I can’t press B to enter the pod; ether A to let go.

This problem is happening everywhere, including at Kerbin.

If I tell another kebral to EVA while the first one still stuck, the other one will leave its pod, but will stay immobile ass well.

The only temporary solution that i found was to delete the game and reinstall it. That way it let me finish the current mission, but the problem always come back after a couple of minutes.

I have tried to reload an old save data, create a new game, switch to the comand center and back, press all the buttons on the controller; all that don’t work. 

The only thing that work is to uninstall the game and installed back. After several minutes the problem always come back.

I need Help. 

Thanks

Sylar Uchiha

im having same issue on ps4 ive just started a new career and i have a parachute on top of command pod and wgen i eva in orbit or sat at the launch pad my kerbal just dosent do anything , no options to get back in pod or move 

Same issue here.  Just bought the game and booted it up for the first time and have now spent over an hour and a half trying to figure out what I was doing wrong to find this.  Luckily for the devs it's a PS4 purchase and refunds are more hassle than it's worth (only heard of people getting wallet funds at best) as I would definitely refunded by now.

8 hours ago, Flaffenbam said:

Same issue here.  Just bought the game and booted it up for the first time and have now spent over an hour and a half trying to figure out what I was doing wrong to find this.  Luckily for the devs it's a PS4 purchase and refunds are more hassle than it's worth (only heard of people getting wallet funds at best) as I would definitely refunded by now.

The game wasn't like this before the update. I hope they read this post and try to patch it. Please upvote the post if you want to be heard.

I had just made a landing on the mun for the first time on console when I sent my kerbal eva to plant a flag but instead he was stuck to the ladder would let go or go inside finally it let go and he just floated off but now it's gotten worse the game won't let me build anything because it will not let me place the parts especially in career and science modes. I have previously tried to restart the application/reset the ps4 it gave me the ability to put two or three parts down before breaking again meaning I stuck waiting till this is fixed in order to play the game.

Edited by Mysteryguy

On 8/20/2018 at 5:42 PM, Mysteryguy said:

I had just made a landing on the mun for the first time on console when I sent my kerbal eva to plant a flag but instead he was stuck to the ladder would let go or go inside finally it let go and he just floated off but now it's gotten worse the game won't let me build anything because it will not let me place the parts especially in career and science modes. I have previously tried to restart the application/reset the ps4 it gave me the ability to put two or three parts down before breaking again meaning I stuck waiting till this is fixed in order to play the game.

Me too. I haven’t played the game  sience then, because it doesn’t let me EVA. Without it I can reset my equipment for experiments. I can’t place flags, take samples, and etc. I have 2 crafts right now landed in minmus and I can’t leave, because my scientist is stuck grabing the lander’s ladder.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:35 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

But nevertheless, people will look into your issue.

Nothing will be done about it unless you post it as a bug on Squad's official bugtracker.  I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to find that particular web address for the bugtracker. 

8 hours ago, klesh said:

Nothing will be done about it unless you post it as a bug on Squad's official bugtracker.  I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to find that particular web address for the bugtracker. 

I can't access the Bug Tracker as I bought the game on Xbox, and the Bug Tracker login page I'm presuming is for your KSP PC account

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I can't access the Bug Tracker as I bought the game on Xbox, and the Bug Tracker login page I'm presuming is for your KSP PC account

No, you have to create a new login for yourself.  Its completely separate from the forums or any other account ksp type account.  When reporting a bug, you are given the ability to choose the playform you’re experiencing it on.  

3 hours ago, klesh said:

No, you have to create a new login for yourself.  Its completely separate from the forums or any other account ksp type account.  When reporting a bug, you are given the ability to choose the playform you’re experiencing it on.  

I've done so, and submitted a bug report. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Ephraim Stone said:

Isn't the point of this sub-forum to request help / a response from the Devs? After all, we are on consoles, so it's not like we can download mods to fix issues.

So where's the assistance? Or even acknowledgement that we are asking for help?

You have to submit a bug report on the SQUAD Bugtracker. Posting it on the forum won't work.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com

12 hours ago, Ephraim Stone said:

Isn't the point of this sub-forum to request help / a response from the Devs?

The support forums are for players to help each other, so Squad doesn't have to. They like to outsource customer support to unpaid community members, same as they do with their QA.

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Who says we're unpaid?

If you were in a paid testing program at some point, I congratulate you.
Given the number of bugs in a typical release and the number of "hotfixes" required to get it into a reasonable state, I can only conclude that this paid testing is either completely inadequate or that the developers are not acting on the bug reports generated.

This leaves the unpaid (or the paying customers) to QA the game post-release, and to discover and report things as ridiculous as inoperative parachutes, exploding fairings, constant crashing, or in-your-face graphical screwups.
In this case nobody bothered to test EVA, of all things, before shipping the patch. How the hell did this get through QA? Is there QA?

No game should have a .0 release with the number of obvious bugs a typical KSP release ships with, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better with time and patience.
We said "it's not ready" when 1.0 and the end of beta was announced, and it's still not ready.

The first console port should not have shipped at all, let alone have a post-alpha version number.
The latest incarnation is clearly still a beta, as new bugs are still being introduced.

New content in updates and DLCs I can get behind, and bugs in this new content are, to a certain extent, to be expected. QA ought to catch the majority of these.
New bugs and recurring regressions in existing content are simply not acceptable in a released product.
They're especially not acceptable when they're left unfixed for an entire release cycle, or customers are left with an unusable product as they were with the first console port.

I do not forget these things unless these improve drastically, and I'm still waiting for a stable regression-free release-quality release, on any platform.

Edited by steve_v

12 hours ago, steve_v said:

If you were in a paid testing program at some point, I congratulate you.
Given the number of bugs in a typical release and the number of "hotfixes" required to get it into a reasonable state, I can only conclude that this paid testing is either completely inadequate or that the developers are not acting on the bug reports generated.

This leaves the unpaid (or the paying customers) to QA the game post-release, and to discover and report things as ridiculous as inoperative parachutes, exploding fairings, constant crashing, or in-your-face graphical screwups.
In this case nobody bothered to test EVA, of all things, before shipping the patch. How the hell did this get through QA? Is there QA?

No game should have a .0 release with the number of obvious bugs a typical KSP release ships with, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better with time and patience.
We said "it's not ready" when 1.0 and the end of beta was announced, and it's still not ready.

The first console port should not have shipped at all, let alone have a post-alpha version number.
The latest incarnation is clearly still a beta, as new bugs are still being introduced.

New content in updates and DLCs I can get behind, and bugs in this new content are, to a certain extent, to be expected. QA ought to catch the majority of these.
New bugs and recurring regressions in existing content are simply not acceptable in a released product.
They're especially not acceptable when they're left unfixed for an entire release cycle, or customers are left with an unusable product as they were with the first console port.

I do not forget these things unless these improve drastically, and I'm still waiting for a stable regression-free release-quality release, on any platform.

*grumbles something about can't take a joke*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.