How to Stop a Resource from Spawning?

fenderzilla

I'm trying to make a simple ModuleManager config to make it so the "Substrate" resource from Community Resource Pack is manufactured from Silicates rather than mined straight from the world. As part of this, though, I want to make it stop spawning on planets. I know modulemanager can make it so Substrate spawns at 0% on all planets, but I want to be able to remove it from the resource scanning UI altogether. I've tried 

Spoiler

!PLANETARY_RESOURCE[Substrate]:FINAL {}
!GLOBAL_RESOURCE[Substrate]:FINAL {}

As Well as 

Spoiler

!PLANETARY_RESOURCE[*]:HAS[ResourceName[Substrate]]:FINAL {}

!GLOBAL_RESOURCE[*]:HAS[ResourceName[Substrate]]:FINAL {}

Am I just getting the syntax wrong (I'm pretty new to MM, please be gentle), or is there some other problem? Is there a way to stop a resource from spawning altogether?

Edited by fenderzilla

You could probably just directly modify the Substrate.cfg in CRP, if you really want it to stop spawning. Otherwise, you'll probably get better answers asking around in the CRP thread, or the Module Manager thread since you are trying to do this through MM, and those guys'll know how to do it if you can.

1 hour ago, FungusForge said:

You could probably just directly modify the Substrate.cfg in CRP, if you really want it to stop spawning. Otherwise, you'll probably get better answers asking around in the CRP thread, or the Module Manager thread since you are trying to do this through MM, and those guys'll know how to do it if you can.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm making it as part of a larger mod which adds a bunch of resources and I mainly just don't want to have a big menu that people have to click through a million times. I'll see what works.

6 hours ago, fenderzilla said:

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm making it as part of a larger mod which adds a bunch of resources and I mainly just don't want to have a big menu that people have to click through a million times. I'll see what works.

I'd also like to know.  I'd love to stop Ore from being in the game as I split it into three for converting to fuel, life support and construction.

Peace.

@fenderzilla You had it almost right in the second spoiler. What you (and @theJesuit) want is this:

!PLANETARY_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:FOR[MyMod] {}
!GLOBAL_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:FOR[MyMod] {}
!BIOME_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:FOR[MyMod] {}

// instead of :FOR[MyMod] you can use :AFTER[CommunityResourcePack] (which only works if Community Resource Pack is installed)
// if you plan to share your mod, try not to use :FINAL

What's wrong with the original content was the use of [*] which assumes there's a key inside: name = xyz, which there isn't; and the missing # which means you're targeting a key or parameter.

ModuleManager has sufficient documentation here: https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@fenderzilla You had it almost right in the second spoiler. What you (and @theJesuit) want is this:

!PLANETARY_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:FOR[MyMod] {}
!GLOBAL_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:FOR[MyMod] {}
!BIOME_RESOURCE,*:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:FOR[MyMod] {}

// instead of :FOR[MyMod] you can use :AFTER[CommunityResourcePack] (which only works if Community Resource Pack is installed)
// if you plan to share your mod, try not to use :FINAL

What's wrong with the original content was the use of [*] which assumes there's a key inside: name = xyz, which there isn't; and the missing # which means you're targeting a key or parameter.

ModuleManager has sufficient documentation here: https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki

Thanks, that was good advice. What ended up working was 

!PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:AFTER[CommunityResourcePack],* {}
!GLOBAL_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:AFTER[CommunityResourcePack],* {}
!BIOME_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:AFTER[CommunityResourcePack],* {}

so close enough. This seems to work for all instances of the substrate spawning configuration, even stuff that comes after it in the same config file. So if and of you want to edit the resource instead of deleting it altogether you have to use "@" the old fashioned way.

2 hours ago, fenderzilla said:

!PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:AFTER[CommunityResourcePack],* {}
!GLOBAL_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]]:AFTER[CommunityResourcePack],* {}

so close enough. This seems to work for all instances of the substrate spawning configuration, even stuff that comes after it in the same config file. So if and of you want to edit the resource instead of deleting it altogether you have to use "@" the old fashioned way.

Hmm. Maybe the ,* needs to be before the :AFTER

!BIOME_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Substrate]],*:AFTER[CommunityResourcePack] {}

But it's nice to know you got things working.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:13 AM, fenderzilla said:

what does the star do?

On 9/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, FreeThinker said:

what does the star do?

It makes the node affect all instances of whatever matches the parameters, instead of just the first one it finds. Basically. I think. 

Edited by fenderzilla

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.