Unable to transmit science

I have recently launched and landed a vessel to gather science but I forgot an antenna. Whenever I try to transmit science I get a message saying "Cannot transmit data: no available, in-range antennae on this vessel"
Is there anyway I can transmit the science without launching a new and updated craft?

17 minutes ago, WSG said:

I have recently launched and landed a vessel to gather science but I forgot an antenna. Whenever I try to transmit science I get a message saying "Cannot transmit data: no available, in-range antennae on this vessel"
Is there anyway I can transmit the science without launching a new and updated craft?

If you literally don't have any antennas on the craft, then no, you can't transmit any science.  Antennas are the only way to do that.

(If the problem had merely been "I have an antenna but it doesn't have enough range", then all you'd need to do is to bring some powerful receiver close enough to it.  But if you have no antennas at all, then no, no transmission is possible under any circumstances.)

So, what can you do?  A few options:

• Figure out a way to bring the craft back to Kerbin.
  • Bring a crewed craft to it.  Kerbal goes, grabs the science, takes it back to a ship.
  • Send a craft with an antenna and a klaw.  Grab it, then use the new craft's antenna to transmit.
  • Just launch another spacecraft and go to the same places, and don't forget the antenna this time.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.