The Moon ate my ship.

So after a while of playing and finally making it to the Mun I landed saved the game and quit for the night. But coming back my ship was halfway stuck into the Mun and when I try to take off it explodes once the engines reach the surface. Cant seem to find a fix for this anywhere online so I may as well ask here.

A ship relocating into the surface when landed is not something I've come across, but I have had odd instances of ships getting stuck in the surface when Jeb's had an off day flying:

Giant Darts, anyone?

As for a fix, you could edit your save to raise the altitude a metre or so, enough to clear the surface (always keep a backup - editing saves is dangerous even if you know what you're up to) or if you've plenty of fuel, use the cheat menu (Alt-F12) to put the ship into orbit and re-land.

P.S. Forgot the obvious and easier way :blush: - use the cheat menu to turn off crash damage and take off as you did before.  This time, no boom.

Edited by Vexillar
P.S. Added

Obligatory image reference :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0j_eh7YQs7Kfg9djEsb8

30 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

This is technical support for unmodded installs. OP may not have or want hyperedit installed.

But yet it's a viable solution. Install the mod, save the ship, uninstall the mod.

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Obligatory image reference :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0j_eh7YQs7Kfg9djEsb8

But yet it's a viable solution. Install the mod, save the ship, uninstall the mod.

Basically. ...

Or just limit yourself and have the ship stuck in the terrain for all time....

Vessel mover would be much simpler to use to move the ship. Watch the video in the thread.

Hyperedit can be as complicated as editing the save file, if you don't know what coordinates to put in.

With vessel mover you can't move the vessel to space or to a different planet, but you don't need coordinates to move something...

Edited by JoE Smash

On 8/12/2018 at 12:12 AM, oliwolly said:

So after a while of playing and finally making it to the Mun I landed saved the game and quit for the night. But coming back my ship was halfway stuck into the Mun and when I try to take off it explodes once the engines reach the surface. Cant seem to find a fix for this anywhere online so I may as well ask here.

Thanks for the suggestions I did manage to get the ships unstuck through opening up the .sfs and vertically moving each ship up a little.

If you wanted to know what the problem was I put some images up on imgur.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WT1Zaum 
Edited by oliwolly
Link didnt work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.