Real Solar System doesn't work!

Hi! I am playing KSP since 1.4, although I don't download DLC until 1.4.2. However, I decided to use Real Solar System to make the game a lot harder. I downloaded ModuleManager 3.0.7, Kopernicus, KSC Switcher, RSS Time Formater, Real Solar System, Environmental Visual Enhancements, RSS Visual Enhancements etc. But my game failed to replace the Kerbol System with the Solar System! How is it possible? My KSP version is 1.4.4.

Edited by soumya-8974

18 hours ago, soumya-8974 said:

Hi! I am playing KSP since 1.4, although I don't download DLC until 1.4.2. However, I decided to use Real Solar System to make the game a lot harder. I downloaded ModuleManager 3.0.7, Kopernicus, KSC Switcher, RSS Time Formater, Real Solar System, Environmental Visual Enhancements, RSS Visual Enhancements etc. But my game failed to replace the Kerbol System with the Solar System! How is it possible? My KSP version is 1.4.4.

Dependencies, incompatible versions.

Have you installed the Version Checker?  It verifies compatibility of installed mods during game startup.  It'll tell you, for instance, that "Ven's Stock Revamp is built for version 1.1.3" (I see this every time I open my game with RSS/RO/RP-1/Principia).

Also, installation order sometimes affects things with large numbers of mods (like you'll get with a mod package like RO).  The most likely issue, however, is that one or more of your mods isn't yet ready for KSP 1.4.x -- managing your installations with CKAN is a good way to limit your incompatibilities.

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Dependencies, incompatible versions.

More specifically just from glancing, Kopernicus specifically has its own dependancies and I don't see them in your list in the OP. I don't think....

I'd google the forum post for each mod and make sure you have all the dependancies for each mod, and make sure the version you downloaded is the right version for the game version you are running.

Edited by JoE Smash

Just now, soumya-8974 said:

I don't know, how to downgrade?

On steam there is a drop down menu somewhere. Usually you can roll back some versions. I am not at my home computer at the moment, so I cannot go and look for it now.

Just have a look around. Most probably right-click KSP in your library and go through properties.

Good luck. Should not be too hard.

Then you can copy the KSP folder to some other location on your PC and have steam go back to the current one if you want.

Its a good advise to only mod non-steam installs, especially complex stuff like RSS will most likely be broken by the constant updates of KSP. Non-steam installs are fine, never get touched by steam updates, and you can have as much as you want.

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further help.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, soumya-8974 said:

My suggestion is to read the instructions for each of your mods, normally found in the first post of the mods thread ... it has been clearly stated in the Kopenicus thread, and many other threads, that Kopernicus does not work in KSP v1.4.4 so I assume you didn't read the instructions

23 hours ago, Dafni said:

On steam there is a drop down menu somewhere. Usually you can roll back some versions. I am not at my home computer at the moment, so I cannot go and look for it now.

Just have a look around. Most probably right-click KSP in your library and go through properties.

Good luck. Should not be too hard.

Then you can copy the KSP folder to some other location on your PC and have steam go back to the current one if you want.

Its a good advise to only mod non-steam installs, especially complex stuff like RSS will most likely be broken by the constant updates of KSP. Non-steam installs are fine, never get touched by steam updates, and you can have as much as you want.

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further help.

I am not using Steam and I haven't any KSP 1.3 or 1.3.1.

17 hours ago, soumya-8974 said:

What do you mean with store?

Well the game is up to 1.4.5 now and Kopernicus works with 1.4.5....so upgrade more then if you don't know how to roll back.

Then update Kopernicus to 1.4.5-4

Edited by JoE Smash

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.