External (TCP) Multi-Function Display + Kontroller

c4ooo

YARK Multifunctional Display is a program that uses the YARK plugin to fetch flight through a TCP connection and display it on virtual instruments situated in widgets. This could be useful if you want to build a simpit with simulated displays or have an extra monitor.

xBH7pU5.png

List of Widgets and controls:

+Navball

+Map for airplanes

Mouse Wheel - zoom

Hold Mouse wheel button - Pan around map

Double click mouse wheel - reset to craft

+Attitude Indicator

+"Soyuz Navball"

+Orbit Display

Arrow Up/Down - select orbit to highlight

When selecting a orbit patch with a maneuver node: [X] - Delete Man.  [H/N] - Adjust Prograde [J/L] - Adjust radial [I/K] - Adjust Normal [U/O] - Adjust Time [Shift] - Adjust Faster

[C] - Create a new maneuver node. Should be created in the middle of the current orbit patch. Might be a bit buggy, and you would have to set the time with U/O..

+Fuel levels

+Docking Alignment

Basically once you are close to target, use WASD to move the orange reticle to the middle. Then use IJKL to move the purple reticle to the middle. Simultaneously use HN to control your approach. 

[X] - Stabilizes your position relative to the target docking port. 

+Various graphs

+Controller for SAS/AG 

+Basic Airplane autopilot

YARK-MFD requires at least openGL 3.3, and is currently only compiled for 64 bit windows. Compiling to linux should be possible using the provided cmakelists.txt.

YARK-MFD can be downloaded here, and the YARK plugin (required) here.

Source code for YARK-MFD is here. Compiling YARK-MFD requires SDL2, glm, freetype and glew (see /Lib folder).

Edited by c4ooo

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 9:20 PM, DEdge77 said:

Hello! I'm having trouble getting this to work, do you think you could help me set it up?

Yes! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been active much, and apparently I am not subscribed to email notifications for this thread :(

• 1 month later...

New release! Firstly I've a "controller" widget, as well as support for USB Joysticks, allowing you to control your rockets:

i94Vaqll.png

Secondly, I've small changes that should be pretty insignificant. 

In the future, I plan to switch from a window based UI to a divider based UI, and make the whole thing look more like an actual MFD, as well as adding more cool display widgets to make this a useful application!

If anyone has tried this, please do offer some feadback, I want to improve it! (And I promise i'll stick around to see your posts :) )

Edited by c4ooo

• 4 weeks later...

Well, haven't had time to work on the UI changes I was planning, but I did make this orbit viewer widget:

qg0lWha.png

It can display your current trajectory, (all your encounters and escapes), and your planned trajectory. The view can be changed by dragging with the right mouse button down (or WASD), and zooming with the scroll wheel (or QE).You can select what patch (a section of the flight path) you want to view with the UP/DOWN arrow keys.

I have also added some more readouts to the navball rendering.

Edited by c4ooo

• 1 year later...

This is actually really neat, and FWIW, seems to be working well in 1.10.1.

For those of us who have neither a dev environment nor coding ability, would it be possible to release something that allows for a simple .cfg that outputs various flight stats in text form?

I'm thinking mostly of the orbit view, but without the actual orbit shown - ApA, PeA, orbital speed, maybe current biome/situation - just to name a few.

What I REALLY need is just an external MechJeb display... :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 12:39 PM, etmoonshade said:

What I REALLY need is just an external MechJeb display... :sticktongue:

Unfortunately I don't think that's really in the scope of what I am trying to do. The main issue is that the amount of data I have access to is a lot less then what is available to mechjeb, or what would be available through kRPC.

As a sidenote, I did away with the dumb console-to-open windows thing and am in the process of making the UI a lot more straightforward:
KkHFtjH.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello there!

I found this mod sometime ago, and I'm fascinated by it, I think this might be one of the best plugins out there!

However I have a couple of issues, seems like the plugin can connect to my game...until I close it.

Not only that, it seems like the download only has the old version of it without the orbital map and the new UI

I'd love to have this mod, if you're still working on it or can provide the newer version, I'd be super happy, I want to make a whole series of videos with it, thank you so much for reading.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:30 AM, LUDAFOX said:

Hello there!

I found this mod sometime ago, and I'm fascinated by it, I think this might be one of the best plugins out there!

However I have a couple of issues, seems like the plugin can connect to my game...until I close it.

Not only that, it seems like the download only has the old version of it without the orbital map and the new UI

I'd love to have this mod, if you're still working on it or can provide the newer version, I'd be super happy, I want to make a whole series of videos with it, thank you so much for reading.

Hey, looks like the download was never updated. It should be at the most modern version now. As for the connection issue, can you try the newer version and provide more info if there are still problems?
Plugin: https://github.com/c4ooo/YARK/releases
Display: https://github.com/c4ooo/YARK-MFD/releases/

Edited by c4ooo

• 1 year later...

Hey man !

How’s it going ?

First of all, I want to say this was the biggest and best  mod upgrade I could install on my ksp.. I use it on my phone (with a VM) as a secondary tactile monitor.. works like a charm, flawless… Thanks a lot for putting so much work ito it, its great !

I have a question… I am also building a ksp simpit at home :cool: and would like to know if there is a way to display not only information even if its already veerry useful (like heading and other Navball instrumentation) but to display views/images/screens directly from the game ?

What I mean :

Currently, I run ksp with RSS RO mods, Parralax,  Canaveral, and so on… and Alcor instruments from ASET… and what I REALLY want to do, is get the Alcor screens  in separate windows so I can display them in my cockpit…

I already managed to change a couple textures in the folders of (like kerbin set to real earth textures) but this wont help with the navballs and other instruments…

Idealy, I could display the monitors from Alcor dierctly on Yark and be able to asign the buttons to a USB joystick/ io board…

several years ago I did a similar project; building a full scale A320 Cockpit, and I really want to do the same with ksp, but still haven’t found a way to get either multiple views and/or get those Alcor monitors in separate windows (or even through TCP connection, that would be even doper)

Here is how Alcor’s cockpit looks :

d94akQH_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

And I want the same but in real at home :sticktongue:

Do you think its doable to make some plugin/program/mod like the one I’m talking about ? (Easyest way would be to fetch different views from kerbal in different windows and be able to “save current workspace” or “save current window disposition”, a bit like in FSX, you’d click on an ingame monitor inside the cockpit, it undocks from the main app’s window and you’d move it to your dedicated screen… or just click on “add a new view” and find your intended ingame screen/view)

If you want, I can give you my email adress or phone to discuss more about the project !!

Thanks a lot man !

10-gui

PS: I tried to find a donnation/patreon page to support your work but could’nt find any :/ I’d love to do so !

Hi, streaming video from other mods, like Alcor screens or the camera mod (HullcamVDS iirc) into YARK was something I looked into in the past but could not figure out at the time. Right now I am in college and don't have time to work on big projects anymore. 

On 1/8/2023 at 5:11 AM, c4ooo said:

Hi, streaming video from other mods, like Alcor screens or the camera mod (HullcamVDS iirc) into YARK was something I looked into in the past but could not figure out at the time. Right now I am in college and don't have time to work on big projects anymore. 

Okay, thanks for the answer :)

I might have found a solution, I’ll let you know if it works when I’m able to try after my exams (Uni as well…) Good luck !

Thanks !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.