Duna Base building help with mods

Simog

Hi at all. I hope I did not have a wrong section.

I'm trying to build a base but I got lost among the mods I'm trying to learn to use ( and my poor English to follow the wiki )  : -D
The idea is a base for 4 kerbals and the mods I would like to use are: KPBS and/or MKS and TAC-LS ( I also have many others but these are the main ones I would use). My difficulty is with Life Support. I would like to be able to have as minimise stocks as possible and produce what is necessary in the field.  I thought I'd leave them there for 1 year and then maybe change crew. Sandbox mode. Which parts would you put?

in my first attempt I put:

-1 Hab and 1 Lab KPBS

-1 Medical Bay MKS

-2 inflatable greenhouses MKS (what config?)

-1 reactor kpbs (although I have not yet decided whether nuclear or solar)

- various LS Tanks KPBS for 3 year of supplies ( that I would like to minimize)

then I was thinking of putting 1 drill for ore and 1 for water (kpbs) and related tanks and a isru for refueling the ascent and return vehicle.

Many Thanks.

Edited by Simog

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

your English is just fine.

since you are already planning on including a drill, why not use SimpleConstruction so you can expand your base if you need or want to?

Yes, right. I have the mod but I had not thought about it.
Thanks.

First of all i dont have experience with base building with MKS.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, Simog said:

-1 reactor kpbs (although I have not yet decided whether nuclear or solar)

It depends on what reactor we are talking about...I personaly recomend using the stock ones,Since they dont need anything extra

-1 Hab and 1 Lab KPBS

Remember that Kerbals will need space  to live.I recomend you place some cupulas

-2 inflatable greenhouses MKS (what config?)

I recomend the one that will give food faster first.Then when you have food for 30 days,Then start producing the food that grows slower but gives you more.And dont forget Byologist!

Heres a video tutorial(Not made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHuEKmNEmY&list=PLhvGL3FPEICcspDLXA6liJr4nUM-LeaSR

On 8/16/2018 at 10:33 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

First of all i dont have experience with base building with MKS.

It depends on what reactor we are talking about...I personaly recomend using the stock ones,Since they dont need anything extra

Remember that Kerbals will need space  to live.I recomend you place some cupulas

I recomend the one that will give food faster first.Then when you have food for 30 days,Then start producing the food that grows slower but gives you more.And dont forget Byologist!

Heres a video tutorial(Not made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHuEKmNEmY&list=PLhvGL3FPEICcspDLXA6liJr4nUM-LeaSR

Thanks for videos. The part of Life support does not help me because I use tac. However I sign them because sooner or later I also try USI LS for videos. The part of Life support does not help me because I use tac. However I put them in the bookmark because sooner or later I also try USI LS.

It's a nuclear reactor that provided by the KPBS mod.  it requires uranium to work but I also put a tank dedicated to the resource.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.