Cassel

New tweakable for cargo bay doors

Add tweakable allowing us to remove the door from cargo bays and service modules.
It's enough for us to get a lot of new parts, with new features, the existence of doors blocking many applications for such empty structural parts.
You have textures and models for this parts, I guess it shouldn't be hard to do.

Wait.... like what would be the purpose? I dont quite see why you'd want a cargo bay without the bay part of it. If you want it as structural parts, why not then just use it as a structural part and not put anything in it?

15 hours ago, qzgy said:

Wait.... like what would be the purpose? I dont quite see why you'd want a cargo bay without the bay part of it. If you want it as structural parts, why not then just use it as a structural part and not put anything in it?

I can't use it like that while it has doors.

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

But.... why not? I still dont understand

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Nope, I don't get it either... could you explain further, please?

No door would give new possibilities. If you have a problem with this, maybe turn on the game and try to view the cargo bay.

Okay, so no door. As in there's just an entryway with the hollow space inside, no entryway with hollow space inside, or as in no entryway, no hollow space? The second one can be done by just not opening the door and for the third one you could just use a fuselage for, drained of fuel. I'm not sure what exactly could be gained by having the first option besides not having to work around extended doors.

• Like 1

Unsure what you are suggesting here.

Do you mean keep the parts as they are, but just 'take the doors off' leaving the opening as it is? 

Or do you mean effectively 'welding the doors shut' so that the parts are just structural cylinders?

On 8/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, Cassel said:

Add tweakable allowing us to remove the door from cargo bays and service modules.
It's enough for us to get a lot of new parts, with new features, the existence of doors blocking many applications for such empty structural parts.
You have textures and models for this parts, I guess it shouldn't be hard to do.

Set your limit to 0 then they can not open if you mean remove the doors so they are always open I'm in favour of it

2 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Set your limit to 0 then they can not open if you mean remove the doors so they are always open I'm in favour of it

By remove doors I mean remove them, so they are not displayed.

1 minute ago, Cassel said:

By remove doors I mean remove them, so they are not displayed.

Like make them transparent in the editor? Or physically non-existent?

10 hours ago, pandaman said:

Unsure what you are suggesting here.

Do you mean keep the parts as they are, but just 'take the doors off' leaving the opening as it is? 

Or do you mean effectively 'welding the doors shut' so that the parts are just structural cylinders?

Remove doors is pretty clear to me :-)

If you would say remove doors from my car, what would it mean? (its the first)

@Cassel why? Apollo 13's damaged SM?

Or give kerbals some air to breath in space?

Still, being able to blow off doors is fun.

6 hours ago, Cassel said:

Remove doors is pretty clear to me :-)

If you would say remove doors from my car, what would it mean? (its the first)

Ok. Apologies if English is not your first language, but there is a difference between 'removed' and 'not displayed', so no, it isn't that obvious what you meant...

Anyway, in that case, I assume you mean...

An additional construction option to leave the doors off completely so that the cargo bay is open to the elements.

I can see this being an interesting option, but aerodynamic drag would be a huge issue.

• Like 2