KSP Weekly: The Orbiters!

SQUAD

On 8/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, Cdr. Maze said:

It would be nice if they update the planets with more intersting places and more details! :)

And something to actually do once you're there, besides click a button to "do science" to it.

9 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

If your in sandbox you can not even do science for real. I would love contracts for sandbox just for the sake of it. I mean why not?

Start a Career mode game, open the cheat menu, give yourself lots of money and science points, unlock/upgrade everything, and you have exactly that: Sandbox with contracts and the ability to do (even less meaningful) science actions.

Edited by Mako

On 8/22/2018 at 5:08 PM, Cheif Operations Director said:

If your in sandbox you can not even do science for real. I would love contracts for sandbox just for the sake of it. I mean why not?

15 hours ago, Mako said:

Start a Career mode game, open the cheat menu, give yourself lots of money and science points, unlock/upgrade everything, and you have exactly that: Sandbox with contracts and the ability to do (even less meaningful) science actions.

I think the point is there should be any option to allow contracts in the sandbox mode. It's a no fuss way to play with contracts.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I think the point is there should be any option to allow contracts in the sandbox mode. It's a no fuss way to play with contracts.

Oh, I absolutely get that. My point was that you can already do that with very little fuss, so why wait for something that I imagine is unlikely to come and likely to be more work for Squad to implement than it is for a user to get going today with no external tools/mods necessary.

One could weakly argue that Squad already did implement what is being asked for by using the options at the new game menu and the cheat menu. I don't think there's a single good reason to wait, if that's what you want to play now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.