GPU issues after updating (1080gtx at 99%)

Hi, 

I´ve got a problem with KSP, that I never had before.

I´m playing for over three years now,  and never had GPU issues. It´s a pretty high end PC with a 1080GTX card, 64GB Ram, 8 cores, no bottlenecks, etc. 

I always had tons of mods running, but since I updated to 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 ( of course as always a fresh install) my GPU is always at the limit ( not in the VAB, but as soon as I enter the launchpad, the FPS drop from 60 to 40 )

By changing to the tracking Station, the FPS drops to 9-10 and the GPU runs at 99-100%. I have no active flights running. Theres nothing to do for KSP than rendering the orbital lines and Gael/Kerbin. 

Graphics are maxed out ( but I always had graphics and aa maxed out) .

CPU is always cool at 10-25% and Ram never gets over 25-30 GB. It´s only the GPU. 

Does anyone of you have any suggestions, what could be the reason for this? 

Edited by Phil Kerman

I have a 980M and my game slows dramatically if I mess with certain settings in the Nvidia control panel.

I don't know exactly which setting causes it, because there are like 20 or so things you can change in the Nvidia control panel. Since it takes like 15-20 minutes for my game to start, I'm not about to change one setting at a time to determine which one basically wrecks the FPS....but it's one of them.

I suggest you switch all the settings back to default if you think you might of tweaked something. Default for me made everything go back to normal for FPS.

Also if you set up special settings just for KSP with the program settings tab in the nvidia control panel, set that back to default too....

I suggest you only tweak the game's graphics with the in game settings. Trying to improve upon the game's graphics by using the NVIDIA control panel to override the graphics settings seems to wreck the FPS.

At least for me it did....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.