Beating the record, fastest aircraft challenge 2018!!

Greetings fellow kerbals! 

I know this challenge has been on the forum before, but there are no new threads about this topic, so here is a new fastest plane challenge!

RULES:

Plane has to be stock, no mods allowed in this challenge! (Except for visual mods, like scatterer.}

Record has to be broken in kerbin's atmosphere, the max speed doesn't count unless it's in the atmosphere.

You are allowed to use any type of engine.

You can use a probe to control your plane:P

No cheats allowed

Plane has to fly! 

Your aircraft has to fly by itself, it cannot be dropped of a mother carrier plane, has to takeoff and reach the speed record by itself.

Plane has to be built in ksp version 1.4.5

How to enter your plane:

You have to upload a photo of your plane.

This is how the layout should look like:

PHOTO HERE:

Name of plane (eg, jebs plane)

Top speed (eg, 1573 mp/s )

Number of engines your plane has (eg, 15)

Well done to all who participated, but here are the fastest designs in the challenge.

1: Klapaucius's Bolt: top speed: 3002 mp/s

2: Jeb-Head-Mug kerman's (ME!): SX 93+ Olympia II: top speed: 2193 mp/s

3: Triop's X Star: top speed: 1710 mp/s

Well done to all!

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

I'll just clip a bunch of FL-T800 tanks into each other and clil abunch of vectors on :sticktongue:

Adding more fuel is always an option  . . .

bQ3shHK.png

ahFpQTJ.png

LWUbVK4.png

;)

Edited by Triop

Hmmm.......

Dont even see a rule about the plane having to land at the end. Or not use a detachable scram/ram jet. Or a detachable rocket stage. Or even having landing gear. SO WITH THAT IN MIND......

Plane - Javelin II

45uUZ7b.png

1PIGSO5.png

II9jg5l.png

Es9BshI.png

Engines - 4 Vectors, 64 sepatrons

Max Speed - 5552 m/s

Dont believe me?

McI2zr1.png

Edited by qzgy

qxgy, I am not sure if that really counts as the plane,  it IS launched of a mother ship [the side boosters], and sorry if I had not made that clear, I meant that by not launching from a mothership, the plane has to takeoff and launch by itself, without attachments like launch clamps and decouplers.

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Hmmm.......

Dont even see a rule about the plane having to land at the end. Or not use a detachable scram/ram jet. Or a detachable rocket stage. Or even having landing gear. SO WITH THAT IN MIND......

Plane - Javelin II

45uUZ7b.png

1PIGSO5.png

II9jg5l.png

Es9BshI.png

Engines - 4 Vectors, 64 sepatrons

Max Speed - 5552 m/s

Dont believe me?

McI2zr1.png

2 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

I saw no rule that the plane had to land completely intact, so with that in mind :o

PLANE: Bolt (Naming it after Usain  seemed appropriate)

Top Speed: 3002 mps 

# of engines: 6

jEPw1od.png

VjPSCoU.png

fX2eglK.png

COOL DESIGN AND SPEED!!!

2 hours ago, Triop said:

Adding more fuel is always an option  . . .

bQ3shHK.png

ahFpQTJ.png

LWUbVK4.png

;)

Hi, whats the max speed of this cool plane?

2 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

I saw no rule that the plane had to land completely intact, so with that in mind :o

PLANE: Bolt (Naming it after Usain  seemed appropriate)

Top Speed: 3002 mps 

# of engines: 6

jEPw1od.png

VjPSCoU.png

fX2eglK.png

yes, this plane qualifies for the challenge.

39 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

qzgy, I am not sure if that really counts as the plane,  it IS launched of a mother ship [the side boosters], and sorry if I had not made that clear, I meant that by not launching from a mothership, the plane has to takeoff and launch by itself, without attachments like launch clamps and decouplers.

Honestly it doesn't really count at the highest speed more a missile than anything (but thats going already way above orbital velocity so its not like wings are really necessary anyways. They'd probably just explode at that speed too).

Also yeah it really wasn't clear what you meant. See, if you ask me the side boosters were just that, not really a mothership that dropped the plane/craft. Also, if you ask me, not launching from a mothership only covers the stuff in the air, you made no mention that "mothership launches" included assistance in taking off from the ground through the use of launch clamps and or decouplers. Mothership usually implies some larger craft that has the actual record vehicle as some sort of parasite attached to it, like how the X-1 was carried by a mothership B-29. So I really don't see launch clamps as being banned in that.

I would suggest clarifying the rules then because really, it wasn't clear at all when I made my thing. I would still say it didn't violate the rules. But for example, explicitly banning launch clamps and also clarifying the whole "no mothership rule" (I have to ask though, if I strap an SRB and decouple it would that be cheating? Since if that isn't, why would those LF side boosters be)

Edit: Also, as I see nothing explicitly banning what I'm doing here, I'm entering the Javelin IV

W2rfqJT.png

Top speed (before leaving 40 km ceiling) - About 8857 m/s

Engines - 5 Vectors

Took off by its own, no mothership, flies, Generally works. I see no problem to enter this with the current rules. This is cheating so hard tho. Infinite fuel and no reentry heating

Edited by qzgy

56 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Honestly it doesn't really count at the highest speed more a missile than anything (but thats going already way above orbital velocity so its not like wings are really necessary anyways. They'd probably just explode at that speed too).

Also yeah it really wasn't clear what you meant. See, if you ask me the side boosters were just that, not really a mothership that dropped the plane/craft. Also, if you ask me, not launching from a mothership only covers the stuff in the air, you made no mention that "mothership launches" included assistance in taking off from the ground through the use of launch clamps and or decouplers. Mothership usually implies some larger craft that has the actual record vehicle as some sort of parasite attached to it, like how the X-1 was carried by a mothership B-29. So I really don't see launch clamps as being banned in that.

I would suggest clarifying the rules then because really, it wasn't clear at all when I made my thing. I would still say it didn't violate the rules. But for example, explicitly banning launch clamps and also clarifying the whole "no mothership rule" (I have to ask though, if I strap an SRB and decouple it would that be cheating? Since if that isn't, why would those LF side boosters be)

Edit: Also, as I see nothing explicitly banning what I'm doing here, I'm entering the Javelin IV

W2rfqJT.png

Top speed (before leaving 40 km ceiling) - About 8857 m/s

Engines - 5 Vectors

Took off by its own, no mothership, flies, Generally works. I see no problem to enter this with the current rules. This is cheating so hard tho. Infinite fuel and no reentry heating

Sorry about not clarifing that, but what i meant was that your meant to build a normal flying plane, and just making it go super fast, like without decoupling the main plane body from the ship you launch it from, as that would be more like a rocket. 

And yes, the plane/missile you entered qulifies, and probably wins, this challenge! 

Just one qustion, does this plane use infinite fuel to fly? As i noticed that your fuel level was on max, if not then this aircraft almost DEFINITELY wins this challenge!:cool:

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

12 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Sorry about not clarifing that, but what i meant was that your meant to build a normal flying plane, and just making it go super fast, like without decoupling the main plane body from the ship you launch it from, as that would be more like a rocket. 

And yes, the plane/missile you entered qulifies, and probably wins, this challenge! 

Just one qustion, does this plane use infinite fuel to fly? As i noticed that your fuel level was on max, if not then this aircraft almost DEFINITELY wins this challenge!:cool:

That still seems ambiguous....... 

And yes that plane of course uses infinite fuel. It isn't banned is it? Doesn't seem like it. 

Well, cheats are cheats, so i dont really think it qulifies.

Sorry for the uncertainty, but if it will be any help, here are the rules of this challenge.

No mods allowed except for visual mods.

You cant launch the plane from a motherplane (you know what i mean!)

No cheats

plane has to fly

record has to be broken within the atmosphere before it gets to thin like, 40 thousand metres or 50

Plane has to fly

any type of engine is allowed

you can use a probe to control your plane

plane has to be built in ksp 1.4.5

i hope this is a bit better!

9 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Well, cheats are cheats, so I dont really think it qualifies.

Sorry for the uncertainty, but if it will be any help, here are the rules of this challenge.

Then edit the OP. I shouldn't have had to make 2 different planes to better define the rules of this challenge and you shouldn't have to go through half a page of posts to find the actual rules.

sorry about that, i just forgot to add some rules at the beggining. You can submit any number of planes though.;.;

4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Then edit the OP. I shouldn't have had to make 2 different planes to better define the rules of this challenge and you shouldn't have to go through half a page of posts to find the actual rules.

1 hour ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

sorry about that, i just forgot to add some rules at the beggining. You can submit any number of planes though.;.;

It's OK, I didn't intend to come off as too harsh.

I might make another plane for this later. Though I was really quite happy with that first one.... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.