Functional Crawlerway.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:04 PM, Aeroboi said:

First of all, it isn't cool. Waiting for a rocket to roll out of a building to a launchpad simply isn't cool. If that is what people find cool then they're lame while stuck in their own sense what cool isn't, got that? :wink:

Coolness is subjective, you should really tone this down here.

Realistically this takes many hours. So now you have to plan when to roll out because you never want to launch at dusk/night.... right?

Ummm... I launch at night all the time, they do in real life too

Whereas the unrealistic version is that this all happens in 30 seconds in a animation, which is just stupid,

Or just say its a timelapse animation/the animation happens in time warp... but I would still hate to sit and watch such an animation for 30 seconds each time.... so I agree with this guy:

On 8/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, pandaman said:

For me a crawlerway animation would  be one of those 'quite nice things to watch' - once - then disable it.

Unless it was an optional part of actual gameplay, and served an actual purpose, it would just be an annoyance for me.

it seems you basically agree with this sentiment as well:

The OP might be bliss for the first 2 times liking how cool the new animation is, then makes the same conclusion I do that it is cumbersome and unwanted and a waste of your time and of Squads service.

usually require launch clamps, which are static objects to be remained in place and often stick out from the launchpad because you tried glueing 6 saturn 5 lower stages together which overlaps the base of the launchpad and consequently the crawler also.
So how is the crawler going to carry all that without looking mismatched with Stratzenblitz 109.000 Ton launcher?
Are the launch clamps going to walk along with the crawler or spawned at the launchsite?

Yea... launch clamps would definitely need reworking, although I could see them being changed in a way that could make them useful for other uses (like allowing them to attach two parts together, like a giant de-couplable strut)

In general, I think its not a good idea and I generally agree with you, but your response is a bit too harsh IMO.

I think it would be cool to watch as a timelapse. You could see the sun or min and stars moving as your magnificent monstrosity is rolled out onto the pad....

I think I would watch a fifteen second timelapse animation Everytime, but I might turn it off. Mabye we can make a mod for this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.