Can't get to the Moon, despite flying high and having a powerful rocket

1 hour ago, Jeine092 said:

Is there any mod to do it for me? So I could only throw off engines, gather science and run on the Moon?

I hate to suggest it but Hyperedit. You can go right from the launch pad to landed on the moon. It's like teleporting. It's essentially cheating but if you literally only want the fact that your ship is on the moon by all means it's the easiest way.

2 hours ago, Jeine092 said:

I watched this mod, and it just complicates the game.

Besides, I forgot that I won't be able to install any mods at all... I can only install games, and only if it's all written and doesn't require any complex actions.

Installing mods require downloading th relevant zip files, unzip it, place everything in the gamedata files. This requires the pc version.

im reading through this thread and I have to admit it seems to me that maybe you don't want to learn....

This is not a personal attack just an observation of mine with some of your replies. 

When I first started I didnt know anything about orbital mechanics, maneuvers,  prograde etc etc. Now, after lots of patient learning and LOTS of failing I can make sence of it all and have great fun playing. 

You've received some of the best advice in this thread....Try to build a small rocket with a parachute....launch towards the sea and splashdown with the chute....then, repeat but with a bigger rocket and do it again and again....

eventually you will start getting closer to placing an orbit manoeuvre node....keep practising :)

Edited by maceemiller
spelling

9 hours ago, Jeine092 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r6XvM9iTFY&feature=youtu.be

I also put fire resistant things so I won't explode, and I didn't, but I crashed anyway.

You did everything right, but too much speed when you are flying up.

You need to stop your engine at 25 kilometers. And then wait until 70 kilometers, and fly forward to 2300 m/s.

Then press M on your keyboard. You did not press M in this video, so I can't see what to do to reach the Mun.

3 hours ago, maceemiller said:

im reading through this thread and I have to admit it seems to me that maybe you don't want to learn....

This is not a personal attack just an observation of mine with some of your replies. 

I have to admit that after seeing some of the replies, I too am beginning to smell a troll.

Edited by Scarecrow

7 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

I have to admit that after seeing some of the replies, I too am beginning to smell a troll.

mmm...I have been on many forums and seen many, many trolls however in this case im not sure "troll" is the correct word....I mean, he/she actually went to the trouble of making a video to show us their problem.

What I'm trying to say is "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

The help and advice is right here on this thread.....

33 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

mmm...I have been on many forums and seen many, many trolls however in this case im not sure "troll" is the correct word....I mean, he/she actually went to the trouble of making a video to show us their problem.

What I'm trying to say is "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

The help and advice is right here on this thread.....

You could be right. The horse metaphor is very apt.  There has been a lot of very good advice on here which the OP has completely ignored, continuing to press on with his desire to get to the moon just by launching straight up.  Lots of people have now told him that's not how you do it, but he persists.

4 hours ago, maceemiller said:

When I first started I didnt know anything about orbital mechanics, maneuvers,  prograde etc etc. Now, after lots of patient learning and LOTS of failing I can make sence of it all and have great fun playing. 

You've received some of the best advice in this thread....Try to build a small rocket with a parachute....launch towards the sea and splashdown with the chute....then, repeat but with a bigger rocket and do it again and again....

eventually you will start getting closer to placing an orbit manoeuvre node....keep practising :)

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

1 hour ago, Luch said:

You did everything right, but too much speed when you are flying up.

You need to stop your engine at 25 kilometers. And then wait until 70 kilometers, and fly forward to 2300 m/s.

Then press M on your keyboard. You did not press M in this video, so I can't see what to do to reach the Mun.

I'm really sorry for making it look like deliberate advice ignoring/trolling. I just can't process new information at the same speed as a normal person, and have hard time to actually apply all those great advices on practice.

I get it, that I need to reach an orbit before going to the moon, but I just didn't want to make another thread because of it, so I won't spam topics. Maybe I didn't make it clear, I apologize. I try to reach the orbit, try to move the rocket so it'd hit the spot, but so far, it's all in vain.

I'll try not to bother anyone anymore. Please, don't take it as a.... I don't know, in a wrong way. I'm not trying to make a scene or drama or anything, I just don't want to waste everyone's time, helping me, and without help, I can't do pretty much anything myself in this game. Like I mentioned somewhere, I can't even finish the rocket-building tutorial.

Anyway, thank you all for such great advices, and again, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

13 minutes ago, Jeine092 said:

I'm really sorry for making it look like deliberate advice ignoring/trolling. I just can't process new information at the same speed as a normal person, and have hard time to actually apply all those great advices on practice.

I get it, that I need to reach an orbit before going to the moon, but I just didn't want to make another thread because of it, so I won't spam topics. Maybe I didn't make it clear, I apologize. I try to reach the orbit, try to move the rocket so it'd hit the spot, but so far, it's all in vain.

I'll try not to bother anyone anymore. Please, don't take it as a.... I don't know, in a wrong way. I'm not trying to make a scene or drama or anything, I just don't want to waste everyone's time, helping me, and without help, I can't do pretty much anything myself in this game. Like I mentioned somewhere, I can't even finish the rocket-building tutorial.

Anyway, thank you all for such great advices, and again, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

your not wasting anyones time....if nobody wanted to help they wouldn't try!

Have a look on youtube for a guy called Scott Manley......his tutorials are where I learnt so much of the basics of KSP....

....we all only want you to help you :)

1 hour ago, Jeine092 said:

I get it, that I need to reach an orbit before going to the moon, but I just didn't want to make another thread because of it

Moon is on orbit. That's why you need orbit. To be on Moon, you need to move as Moon. So you don't need new threads, this is one problem.

@Jeine092 you're not wasting anyone's time, and no one should be accusing you of trolling. Please don't feel bad or apologize for having difficulty with an aspect of the game. 

Maybe try my guide. I haven't updated it for a while, but it should still be valid. 

If it doesn't help, ignore it and try someone else's guide. :D

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

@Jeine092 you're not wasting anyone's time, and no one should be accusing you of trolling. Please don't feel bad or apologize for having difficulty with an aspect of the game. 

Maybe try my guide. I haven't updated it for a while, but it should still be valid. 

you know what....as much as landing on the Mun to me is bread and butter, I love reading tutorials like this.

for a new player its invaluable but for myself,  an experienced player I get so drawn into it....its like learning all over again.

these tuts never get old :)

On 8/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, peteletroll said:

Ok, @Jeine092, let's start from the orbiting tutorial. Walk before running. Where do you find trouble? We're here to help you.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, Vanamonde said:

On 8/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, maceemiller said:

your not wasting anyones time....if nobody wanted to help they wouldn't try!

Have a look on youtube for a guy called Scott Manley......his tutorials are where I learnt so much of the basics of KSP....

....we all only want you to help you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1q3vB67COQ&feature=youtu.be

I've reached the orbit, haven't I? I built even more powerful rocket and finally reached the orbit without any movements, right?

24 minutes ago, Jeine092 said:

I've reached the orbit, haven't I? I built even more powerful rocket and finally reached the orbit without any movements, right?

Kind of! You're in solar orbit. You escaped the gravity of Kerbin (the home planet) and are now going around the sun independently.

To land on the Mun you want to stay in orbit of Kerbin, which is done as others have explained previously.

20 minutes ago, Jeine092 said:

Well yes and no.You want to go on an orbit around the planet while you just forced your rocket out of the sphere of influence of the planet to an orbit around the sun.

Again: Going to orbit is not about pushing your stuff with as much force as possible to the edge of the universe. you only need to go somewhat above 70km to reach the edge of atmosphere while at the same time gather more and more speed going sideways (to the east preferably) to go around the planet without falling back down. And while it looks quite funny at launch adding more and more boosters will only make your rocket less and less controllable and more frustrating to fly.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Kind of! You're in solar orbit. You escaped the gravity of Kerbin (the home planet) and are now going around the sun independently.

To land on the Mun you want to stay in orbit of Kerbin, which is done as others have explained previously.

1 hour ago, Harry Rhodan said:

Well yes and no.You want to go on an orbit around the planet while you just forced your rocket out of the sphere of influence of the planet to an orbit around the sun.

Again: Going to orbit is not about pushing your stuff with as much force as possible to the edge of the universe. you only need to go somewhat above 70km to reach the edge of atmosphere while at the same time gather more and more speed going sideways (to the east preferably) to go around the planet without falling back down. And while it looks quite funny at launch adding more and more boosters will only make your rocket less and less controllable and more frustrating to fly.

I tried that, really hard, but the control is impossible. I can't reach the orbit, no matter how hard I try to turn. I don't even know what buttons should I press, in what order, what throttle should I have andhow long should I keep the button pressed.

37 minutes ago, Jeine092 said:

I tried that, really hard, but the control is impossible. I can't reach the orbit, no matter how hard I try to turn. I don't even know what buttons should I press, in what order, what throttle should I have andhow long should I keep the button pressed.

You're doing fine with throttle already based on your video. Use the WASD keys to steer.

7 hours ago, Jeine092 said:

Those solid boosters you keep adding are pretty hard to control. That's why I adviced you in your first thread not to use them until you kno what you're doing. If you try to make a narrow turn in a car and you're too fast to make it, would it help you to add more cars with even stronger engines but absolutely no control help you make the turn?

Make a simple two stage rocket. Hit the "D" button a few seconds after launch. Keep hitting it from time to time to be about 45° at 10km and about 90° at 30-40km. And keep looking at the map view, you only need to go slightly above 70km and reach a horizontal speed of about 2200m/s.

This is one of the most interesting threads I have read....I'm having difficulty telling if this is real or not....

Ok @Jeine092, based on your responses it is obvious that despite your own bashing of your own intelligence, or ability to understand information you can at least read and write. So if you really wanted to do this you could.

There is no magic button to push to do the game for you, if that's all you wanted, why even play? Just watch videos on YouTube of other people playing....that is basically the same as you just pushing a button and having it done for you. Or as close as you are going to get at least...

If you really WANT to be able to do what others have done in videos, then it will take some amount of learning and work to figure out how to do the stuff in this game. It's a bit like going to school to play this game.

If you don't like school or learning, or you have ADD or ADHD and lack the attention span to learn new things, then this game may simply be too difficult for you to learn.

Based on your ability to type intelligent answers to these people's posts, I don’t believe this to be the case though....

Learning to read and write English in school is harder than this game.

You need to start with the first tutorial mission in the game and read all the words on the screen when you start the tutorial. You need to press the buttons it says to press in the tutorial, and do what it tells you to do, just like you are reading these people's replies....

If you do everything the tutorial tells you to do and you fail, keep trying over until you succeed....you eventually will succeed. It takes patience and time though. This game simply isn't easy at first. Once you understand the basics though it gets easier.

The first tutorial teaches you how to attach a parachute (I think it's been a long time),  and how to go up and come down again without dying in the process....You need to learn how to do that before you learn anything else.

Then you learn how to orbit. Again you need to learn how to orbit Kerbin before you learn to orbit the Mun.

Then you learn how to get to the Mun.

Then you learn how to land on the Mun.

If you can't accomplish those things via the step by step tutorials in the game, then no amount to typing replies to you here is going to help you....

So how about Step 1:

Go do the first tutorial mission 5 times on your own. After you do what it says on the screen 5 times, if you still can't do it...come back here and tell us EXACTLY what step in the tutorial you aern't understanding and we will try to help explain that part better so you get it....

Do that with each tutorial starting with the first tutorial.

By the time you are done, you will be able to get to the Mun!

@Jeine092 I've made a tutorial showing how to get to orbit.  It uses a fairly simple rocket, the building of which is shown in the VAB, and also explains the terms Apoapsis, Periapsis, Prograde and Retrograde, as understanding these is pretty much key to understanding both the game and other tutorials that use the terms.  It also mentions some of the default keys that KSP uses which will help you understand how to control your rockets.

If you are still unable to get to orbit around Kerbin (as opposed to going too fast, escaping the gravity field of Kerbin, also known as the sphere of influence or SOI, and ending up in orbit around the star) then please come back to this thread with specific details of where or how you are failing rather than a generic 'I just crash.'  The more specific you can be about where it is not working for you, the easier it will be for us to make suggestions to overcome your problems.

3 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

This is one of the most interesting threads I have read....I'm having difficulty telling if this is real or not....

Ok @Jeine092, based on your responses it is obvious that despite your own bashing of your own intelligence, or ability to understand information you can at least read and write. So if you really wanted to do this you could.

I agree...I tried to help early on, but quickly realized that collectively the community is investing a lot  of time explaining things and offering advice but the OP seems unwilling to invest any time in reading / learning. The fact that this has been going on for over a week and the OP still hasn't bothered to learn AWSD says it all in my book.

Edited by Tyko